Post by muse »

So this happened in my neighbourhood.
The rivers are running red with blood!
We're all going to die!

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/ne ... nvironment
Strange days: Southern Ontario creek turns blood red
Cheryl Santa Maria
Digital Reporter

Wednesday, March 25th 2020, 6:17 pm - We're living in strange times, and signs of that are everywhere even, apparently, in some creeks.

Southern Ontario's Etobicoke Creek turned bright red Tuesday after 400 litres of ink spilled into the water.

The Ministry of the Environment and Conservation and Parks were deployed to the scene for a clean-up.

Video of the creek was posted on Twitter, which prompted several religious references, given the sighting occurred two weeks ahead of Passover, a Jewish holiday that references the ten plagues.

"It looks like blood," one Twitter user said.

"If it starts raining frogs, then I'm out," joked another.

The ministry has not named the party responsible for the spill.

"The red ink came from a company in North Mississauga. An accident occurred at a factory and the ink spilled." Peel Public Works said on Twitter Wednesday.

"The creek was checked and there were no dead fish or other wildlife seen by either Peel staff, Ministry of Environment or Conservation and Parks staff."

The Weather Network has reached out to the Ministry of the Environment for additional information.
ø¤ º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)

I like Celine Dion myself. Her ballads alone....they make me go all teary-eyed and shit.
- Havok
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Re: Signs of the Apocalypse

Post by aerius »

You mean, we're all gonna dye.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Well, ever since Aquaman made over a billion dollars, surpassing Batman, I've been wondering what kind of world we're living in.
Captain Seafort
Jedi Council Member

Post by Captain Seafort »

To add to the list, we've also got plagues of locusts all over eastern Africa.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

According to my wife, my waking up, and staying up, at 5:30am this morning is another sign.

(I've been sleeping in to between 9:30 and 10:30 for the last few weeks)
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Solauren wrote: 2020-04-10 07:49am According to my wife, my waking up, and staying up, at 5:30am this morning is another sign.

(I've been sleeping in to between 9:30 and 10:30 for the last few weeks)
I wake up at 5-6am to pee, then I sleep for another 4-5 hours. This is what happens when every day is a holiday since I'm no longer essential under the revised list. I've also upped my daily dosage of recreational drugs.
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Upping the dosage might have been a mistake. WHen you go back to work, you might crave it.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Solauren wrote: 2020-04-12 12:18pm Upping the dosage might have been a mistake. WHen you go back to work, you might crave it.
My best boss ever, back at the first gas station, caught me burning down in the drink cooler red-handed about five times. He'd always take me in his office, have me close the door like I'm in trouble, and tell me the same thing:

"Y'know, Shark, you're my MVP. My right-hand man. Employee of the month every month, and I'd pay you twice as much if corporate let me. Now, back when I was pimpin' in St. Louis [NOTE: This is the best way to begin a story ever], I used to blow the muthafuckin' roof off that weed and have my business locked up tight, and I know you do, too, but you can't have it on company property. I don't care what you do on your break. You live right across the street. Don't hang my ass out, you hear me? Okay, good talk."

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Solauren wrote: 2020-04-12 12:18pm Upping the dosage might have been a mistake. WHen you go back to work, you might crave it.
If what Douchebag Ford said today is true, I've got another month or so before I need to worry about that.