Thank you to the Mods

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Thank you to the Mods

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Zinegata wrote: 2019-08-23 05:10am +1 to the mods here.

What I find funny though is how people in reddit or other forums don’t realize that this kind of brigading/dogpiling with the support of “planted” mods happens all the time to push stupid opinions. Its especially easy in forums that don’t ban alt-accounts, but unfortunately a lot of folks are easily swayed when a lot of voices start chanting even abhorrent stuff like Alt Right White Supremacist BS; thinking that its genuinely popular rather than just pretty obvious manipulation.
The Alt. Reich is really good at making themselves appear bigger than they are. An example that's got a lot of publicity is how there will be systematic attempts to tank the reviews of films with female or non-white leads, to make them appear more unpopular than they are.

I've also noted a pattern on all kinds of Facebook groups (and I'm sure it happens in other social media) where someone posts something progressive, and if you add up the likes/dislikes, the public response is overwhelmingly positive- but the comments, or at least the top comments, are all or nearly all hateful attacks by Alt. Reich types. Part of that is doubtless the use of bots, but its also that they're more engaged, and less reticent about getting into a public fight. So they dominate the conversation. I've taken to urging people to post their own comments and not reply to Alt. Reich comments (thereby boosting those comments to the top of the list), so that the fascists won't dominate every fucking conversation.

Because polling shows fascists and bigots aren't the majority. But you wouldn't know that if you looked at social media.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

Oh some interesting new information came out of this whole drama. Marina being friends with a bunch of the alt-righters opened another forum and runs a couple alts named Punch Card Girl and Empress Zoe on it. Here she is getting quoted admitting to being a Fascist before deleting her admission.
A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

Who is Marina? Is she someone who used to be on this board?
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Presumably she means Duchess of Zion.

Who wants to place bets that the full sentence that quote was taken from followed it with something like "according to blah blah blah people who don't like me" or "according to *insert weird idiocentric definition*" and that "I'm SOOOOOOOOOO radical and good at violence!" girl is bullshitting?
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

Ralin wrote: 2019-09-05 07:19am Presumably she means Duchess of Zion.

Who wants to place bets that the full sentence that quote was taken from followed it with something like "according to blah blah blah people who don't like me" or "according to *insert weird idiocentric definition*" and that "I'm SOOOOOOOOOO radical and good at violence!" girl is bullshitting?
Possible, but if she set up a forum with a bunch of alt-righters, then there are some legit reasons to have some reservations about it.
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

ray245 wrote: 2019-09-05 07:41am Possible, but if she set up a forum with a bunch of alt-righters, then there are some legit reasons to have some reservations about it.
Consider the source.
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

So, weird personal definition connected to the ongoing political LARPing she's been doing for apparently as long as she she was around here. Assuming that's her.
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

I mean, if that isn't Marina the impersonation is so spot on that it begs questions of authenticity in anonymous spaces.
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Ah, and she's deleted her account over there. Seems she's more Mussolini than Dollfuss.
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Effie
Youngling

Post by Effie »

Straha wrote: 2019-09-05 04:23pm Ah, and she's deleted her account over there. Seems she's more Mussolini than Dollfuss.
A shame, beneath all the surface proclamations of fascism there was a lot of depth to the fear of unregulated sexuality, insistence on policing other trans women and lesbians as lesser than herself for their failure to comply with her fetishized aesthetic norms, buffoonery held up as a moral example, utterly daffy metaphysics and cosmology, and veneration of violence as an end in and of itself she presented in the posts I read. Why, so much depth one could almost overlook the frequent citations of Julius Evola!
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Well, she deleted the account that made those posts. She didn't delete the admin account (Empress Zoe), and used the former to delete the latter.

Effie
Youngling

Post by Effie »

Straha wrote: 2019-09-05 07:10pm Well, she deleted the account that made those posts. She didn't delete the admin account (Empress Zoe), and used the former to delete the latter.
It's honestly very sad. If you look at her opinions elsewhere about notions like women in the military or allowing lesbians to adopt, it's very clear that she has a genuine vision of a "lesbian" fascism (though only about as lesbian as the majority of "lesbian separatists" were) which is in line with her outre personal metaphysics and involvement with some sort of cult. But she has nobody to expound on these to, because most people are going to reject her because she's a fascist, and the fascists are going to reject her personal fascism because it doesn't involve the total subordination of women.

To be quite frank, I wish she'd ditch the traditionalist Catholics and the decrepit old US defense contractors and the assorted riff-raff gathered on that forum, and let herself truly blossom into something as strange as Mishima was or even stranger. After all, she lacks any way to bring her fascist vision about and the full blooming of that flower would be something interesting to see, something to deploy the full depths of my own bizarreness against.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Straha wrote: 2019-09-05 07:10pm Well, she deleted the account that made those posts. She didn't delete the admin account (Empress Zoe), and used the former to delete the latter.
A similar thing happened the old "This Week in HPCA" threads briefly showcased one of them.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Bear in mind she has other accounts to defend her own takes.

Empress_Zoe also has connections with HPCA and they go by Countess_Marina elsewhere according to 1kBestk. https://www.the-sietch.com/index.php?th ... d-hpca.90/
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Huh, I completely forgot about Duchess of Zion. Did she quit the board in a huff over something or other?
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Ziggy Stardust wrote: 2019-09-06 08:52am Huh, I completely forgot about Duchess of Zion. Did she quit the board in a huff over something or other?
She was convinced she was about to be banned because people thought she was racist for advocating separate legal systems for different ethnic groups or something like that. I forget the exact details.
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Also
Effie wrote: 2019-09-05 07:22pm(though only about as lesbian as the majority of "lesbian separatists" were)
Say what?

In reference to her, I know about the whole lesbian separatist thing in general.
Effie
Youngling

Post by Effie »

Ralin wrote: 2019-09-06 11:11am Also
Effie wrote: 2019-09-05 07:22pm(though only about as lesbian as the majority of "lesbian separatists" were)
Say what?

In reference to her, I know about the whole lesbian separatist thing in general.
Her specific beliefs as she outlines them attempt to collapse friendship, erotic desire, romantic love, and familial love into one single thing called "Mayamity" or "Great Amity". This is functionally equivalent to the efforts to destroy lesbian erotic desire by straight "lesbian separatists" by rendering the distinguishing features between agape and eros (namely, the desire to cuddle and/or fuck) outside of the realm of "Amity" and thus illegitimate within it.

Since the source of her beliefs is of similar vintage to the "radicalism" which produced the lesbian separatists (and there is of course much of similarity in her fetishistic obsession with clothing and dress codes) this is not surprising. You could even say that something like it is inevitable- if you want to reconcile lesbianism with reactionary thinking, you need to either embrace the notion that heterosexuality is inherently inegalitarian and so homoeroticism is the true egalitarian relationship and also that women are superior, and she appears to believe this personally, or you need to strip lesbianism of its erotic potential to disarm the enormous threat lesbians pose to heterosexuality, and she presents this so as to avoid rejection from more conventional far-rightists.

And lesbianism poses a threat to heterosexuality even if you accept lesbians as a "third sex" who can be carefully segregated, because lesbian relationships cannot ever truly be like idealized heterosexual ones. So if, like most reactionaries, you firmly believe in "separate but equal" or in formal inequality between men and women, even the most fetishistic Stepford Wife lifestyle roleplay between women cannot help but threaten your own heterosexual relationships because it's inherently subversive in that a woman is playing the masculine rôle. (Not as much as gay men do, of course. The fear of being fucked by a man and enjoying it is greater than the fear of being cuckolded by a woman and your wife enjoying it, for reasons I won't go into at this time.)

So, no matter how much someone might align their visions of glorious Übermädchen in shiny, modest uniforms marching in lockstep to worship at the altar of the cult of action for action's sake to conform to the beliefs of tradwives and tradcaths and the Michigan Militia, in the end, it's an ideological threat to them all and they are only able to accept the bits and pieces that align with their specific thinking.

There's, of course, more to delve into, but this hopefully answers that specific question.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

That was an excellent explanation.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

I'd say that sounds amazingly pretentious and overwrought, but this is Marina we're talking about so...yeah, thank you for elaborating.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Ralin wrote: 2019-09-06 10:30am
Ziggy Stardust wrote: 2019-09-06 08:52am Huh, I completely forgot about Duchess of Zion. Did she quit the board in a huff over something or other?
She was convinced she was about to be banned because people thought she was racist for advocating separate legal systems for different ethnic groups or something like that. I forget the exact details.
Someone from the Class of 2002 and ASVS fearing a ban? That's a new one.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

Gandalf wrote: 2019-09-07 08:14am
Ralin wrote: 2019-09-06 10:30am
Er, Lord Poe? Wasn't he one of the old timers banned eventually after he came back after voluntarily leaving.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

I don't remember when exactly Poe got kicked off, but honestly a lot of the modern status quo of the board is mostly because there isn't enough traffic through the board for the mod staff to really exert themselves. 90, 95% of the conversation is between the same 20-30ish members who've been around here long enough to know what goes and what doesn't. If you check HoS, most of the last few flushed threads haven't been banning material, just more of the same old same old that went overboard, and usually the same few members involved. But Mike is MIA, Dalton doesn't really seem to care all that much anymore, and the mods don't need to do all that much so they don't care much either because the board is largely self-policing other than the odd newb screwing up (see a few recent necros in SF). About what it takes to actually get banned is to go full racist like cosmicalstorm, full troll like Kane Starkiller/JLTucker, or full idiot like Archinist. Most people don't quite go to that extent.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Gandalf wrote: 2019-09-07 08:14am
Surprisingly enough, the woman who was unfairly accused of being a crazy racist person when all she did was claim that Native Americans literally sicken and die when separated from their traditional lands and culture, called for the United States to be broken up into a collection of autonomous ethnic enclaves like the great and independent nation of Blackistan and argued that female on male domestic violence is morally justified as a form of mass resistance to the patriarchy may not have had the best judgement about how others would react to her ideas.