THE OotS Thread, Part V

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Re: THE OotS Thread, Part V

Post by Solauren »

Yup. Plus, she could also just be saying that, so she can sneak in another way. I DOUBT it, but with a true Chaotic Neutral character, you never know.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

He did that so Ray and the others could get inside.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Luke Starkiller
Jedi Knight

Post by Luke Starkiller »

I was thinking of the circumstances of his father's death, with his mother's comment; I'm guessing he was trying to get the chamber to collapse.
What kind of dark wizard in league with nameless forces of primordial evil ARE you that you can't even make a successful sanity check versus BOREDOM? - Red Mage
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1173.html

Never go up against the Dwarves when they can rules-lawyer out of it
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Durkon stays a rock, though, because the meeting wasn't formally adjourned.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Surely V or Hylga or Elan could un-rock him though, right?
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Bedlam
Jedi Master

Post by Bedlam »

Lonestar wrote: 2019-08-02 01:57pm Surely V or Hylga or Elan could un-rock him though, right?
Probably, although they might need to remove him from the chamber first or the same power might just re-stone him. There might be an issue that he doesn't want to be unstoned though, it was the lawful punishment for his 'crime' and the council can't currently meet until their table's fixed to pardon him.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Bedlam wrote: 2019-08-03 03:47am
Lonestar wrote: 2019-08-02 01:57pm Surely V or Hylga or Elan could un-rock him though, right?
Probably, although they might need to remove him from the chamber first or the same power might just re-stone him. There might be an issue that he doesn't want to be unstoned though, it was the lawful punishment for his 'crime' and the council can't currently meet until their table's fixed to pardon him.
I would think it would just take a high-enough authority to unStone him.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

1174 is up.

No rules eh ?

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

move to censure once we're back in session
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Lonestar wrote: 2019-08-10 12:35pm move to censure once we're back in session
Somehow, even if he does remember to move to censure, I think the move will be tabled.

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I think Hylga is gonna kill a vampire. :-D

Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

LadyTevar wrote: 2019-08-14 08:50pm I think Hylga is gonna kill a vampire. :-D
Maybe eventually, but that's quite a bit of setup to have her just summarily end it. I could be wrong, though.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Poor Loki. He might lose his little girl over this. (Sniffle)
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

It's always nice to see bards in their element.
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

1179 is up.

:luv: the shower and the vampire standing in the background. :-D

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Raesene wrote: 2019-09-09 09:43am 1179 is up.

:luv: the shower and the vampire standing in the background. :-D
Loki and the other Tricksters cheating at cards.

Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

1180 is up. Pretty sure we're wrapping up what's going to be in the upcoming book.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

That appears to be the wrong link. Here we are.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!