Wormverse Protectorate vs The 7 (The Boys)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Wormverse Protectorate vs The 7 (The Boys)

Post by Themightytom »

Is anyone familiar with the comic book version of the 7 from The Boys, comics? I'm wondering how they would stack up against the Protectorate.

Scenario 1. Protectorate is accidentally teleported into The Boys universe just before fighting Leviathon, the 7 bumble their meeting and both teams fight.

Scenario 2. The 7 arrive in Brockton Bay shortly after Lung is arrested. The Protectorate decides to intervene immediately at Alexandria's orders, prompted by Cauldron's concern at extra dimensional intrusion.

Scenario 3. The 7 arrive in Brockton Bay and run smack dab into the Slaughterhouse 9. The Protectorate then responds.

"Since when is "the west" a nation?"-Styphon
"ACORN= Cobra obviously." AMT
This topic is... oh Village Idiot. Carry on then.--Havok
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Re: Wormverse Protectorate vs The 7 (The Boys)

Post by Vendetta »

Now I haven't read Worm, but I have read The Boys. Remember that the Seven are powerful but fucking incompetent.

They have no training at doing anything other than indulging their whims, they're uncoordinated as a team and borderline hate each other. If the Protectorate have heroes even nearly capable of landing any damage on the Homelander then the Seven are fucked. And not in the way they are accustomed to enjoying.
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

Legend and Eidolon alone are as powerful as Superman. Alexandria is too.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Then it’s not even a contest. The Seven go down like punks. The rest of them aren’t in Homelander’s league and he’s the near-Superman of the setting. (And frankly not very near at that).
Spoiler
Ok I am aware of what Black Noir actually is but that barely changes the math because there’s no co-ordination or teamwork among the Seven.
Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Post by Themightytom »

I'm getting the feeling that putting them against the Slaughterhouse nine was just cruel, what about the Undersiders instead? I don't think Grue could power steal since the 7 get their power from formula V, but Regent seems to be able to control people who don't have shards, so his powers work, same with Imp.

Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

The Undersiders don't really have a way of dealing with someone that is superman tier, even low superman tier, with a singular exception that only worked due to specific circumstances.

Regent's actual power takes too long to use, anyway, so he wouldn't be particularly useful.

Imp, Bitch, and Skitter would probably be the best bet as far as actually taking out any of the Seven, save for Homelander and Black Noir. Tattletale might be able to pull strings to get Homelander and Black Noir dealt with, though, probably by hiring a mercenary cape who could deal with them.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Ghetto edit: Does Homelander need to breathe? If yes, then the Undersiders stand a chance at killing him, too.
Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Post by Themightytom »

I'm not sure how to scale the Seven's power levels to be honest. A train is terrified of Homelander, but Homelander's clone < crowbar. Meanwhile A train can run fast enough to completely obliterate a human body with no injury?

Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Themightytom wrote: 2019-08-02 01:49pm I'm not sure how to scale the Seven's power levels to be honest. A train is terrified of Homelander, but Homelander's clone < crowbar. Meanwhile A train can run fast enough to completely obliterate a human body with no injury?
The crowbar is being wielded by a "Hard British Man" written by Garth Ennis so it is +50 versus guys in costumes. Spoiler
Also I wonder is Garth Ennis appreciates that he's indulging in the worst of super hero writing with his evil clone of Homelander plot in a comic where he's mocking superhero comics.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

Themightytom wrote: 2019-08-02 01:49pm I'm not sure how to scale the Seven's power levels to be honest. A train is terrified of Homelander, but Homelander's clone < crowbar. Meanwhile A train can run fast enough to completely obliterate a human body with no injury?
This was after the clone was shot with a fuckton of missiles and was badly injured fighting the homelander. Billy just delivered the coup de grace.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Imperial Overlord wrote: 2019-08-04 07:02am
The crowbar is being wielded by a "Hard British Man" written by Garth Ennis so it is +50 versus guys in costumes. Spoiler
Also I wonder is Garth Ennis appreciates that he's indulging in the worst of super hero writing with his evil clone of Homelander plot in a comic where he's mocking superhero comics.
Spoiler
Probably. I mean he's being peak Garth Ennis when he writes the matey hard man friend who is actually an abusive gaslighting asshole who is one of the worst people in the entire thing and finding out about that is one of the core journeys of the protagonist. That was pretty much Cassidy's role in Preacher, after all. The Boys is basically that plus lack of corporate accountability = bad.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

You might be right. Ennis so often undercuts his own work with puerile humour and transgressive behavior for the sake of transgression that I wonder about his self awareness.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Honestly I think even Undersiders vs 7 would be a pretty clear curb stomp. The 7 don't have anything that can counteract Tattletale or Imp, and if it's late enough in the timeline that Flechette is a member in all but name it's over before it starts. Anyone backing those three is just overkill in this scenario; surprising the shit out of people and counteracting powers is literally their whole thing.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker