Shazam! (SPOILERS)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Shazam! (SPOILERS)

Post by FaxModem1 »

So Shazam came out this weekend. I found it quite charming. If you have kids, please don't take them to see this unless they can handle scary monsters.

But I quite enjoyed it, and hope it does well enough to warrant a sequel.
SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

Re: Shazam! (SPOILERS)

Post by SolarpunkFan »

I agree. It's a fun and heartwarming change of pace from the previous Zach Snyder aesthetic.

All in all, I recommend it highly. :)
Seeing current events as they are is wrecking me emotionally. So I say 'farewell' to this forum. For anyone who wonders.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

I enjoyed it. It surprised me with the content (ie the trailer didn't show a lot of important parts), and that was a pleasant surprise.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Mlenk
Jedi Knight

Post by Mlenk »

Went to see it because i was wanting to kill time this weekend waiting around for some stuff. I came out wanting to go see it a 2nd time. Much much better than i though it would be.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

Only two things bugged me about the film.

1. I don't handle watching other people be embarrassed well, and it happened quite a bit. This is only a minor gripe by comparison, and it's a thing for me only, so I don't hold it against the film much.

2. I felt the design of the various sins were a little indistinct. It took me thinking on it afterward to identify some of them.

Gluttony was easy because the FX team apparently cribbed notes from Fullmetal Alchemist]/i]
Lust was easy too, thanks to a very distinct tongue.
And Envy was called out explicitly.

I later realized the Winged one was Pride. The horn-covered brute was Wrath, and the Four-armed one was Greed.

I can't remember what the distinctive trait of Sloth. Which is mildly ironic.

But other than those extremely minor gripes, I really and fully enjoyed it. As a Philidelphia native, it was fun seeing the various landmarks get torn up/used/referenced. The characters and casting were great, the jokes landed, the drama felt earned, and the emotional climaxes were perfect.

I'm hype for more.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran