Michael Flynn under investigation for plan to give Saudi Arabia nuclear technology

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Michael Flynn under investigation for plan to give Saudi Arabia nuclear technology

Post by FaxModem1 »

MSNBC
The House Oversight Committee has launched a formal investigation into former national security adviser Michael Flynn for planning to give nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia, which may have violated the law.
So yeah, that happened.
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Re: Michael Flynn under investigation for plan to give Saudi Arabia nuclear technology

Post by Zaune »

Why in the lindy-hopping fuck would anyone think that was a good idea?
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Re: Michael Flynn under investigation for plan to give Saudi Arabia nuclear technology

Post by madd0ct0r »

So the story i heard was give it to Saudi AND uae. This reduces iran and egpyts power in the region.

And i t keeps uae and saudi equal and mad checked against each other.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Selling arms to Saudi Arabia is a long running US government tradition.
I'm pretty sure the KSA is the largest foreign customer of US weapons by a mile.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

aerius wrote: 2019-02-20 12:00pm Selling arms to Saudi Arabia is a long running US government tradition.
I'm pretty sure the KSA is the largest foreign customer of US weapons by a mile.
Pretends there's no difference between a legal and illegal arms deal.

Don't get me wrong, I think we should cut off all arms sales to the House of Saud. But the "illegal" part moves it past the usual realm of bad foreign policy.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2019-02-20 02:42pm Pretends there's no difference between a legal and illegal arms deal.
Allegedly illegal arms deal.
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
GrosseAdmiralFox
Padawan Learner

Post by GrosseAdmiralFox »

aerius wrote: 2019-02-20 05:13pm Allegedly illegal arms deal.
Actually this is illegal as Trump and Co have been trying to bypass Congress when it comes to tech transfers like this.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

GrosseAdmiralFox wrote: 2019-02-20 05:57pm Actually this is illegal as Trump and Co have been trying to bypass Congress when it comes to tech transfers like this.
Allegedly.
GrosseAdmiralFox
Padawan Learner

Post by GrosseAdmiralFox »

aerius wrote: 2019-02-20 05:59pm Allegedly.
Nope. The reports have Trump and Co trying to bypass every step of the process. So your skepticism is not that warranted.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

GrosseAdmiralFox wrote: 2019-02-20 06:05pm Nope. The reports have Trump and Co trying to bypass every step of the process. So your skepticism is not that warranted.
What is reading comprehension for $200, Alex?