Where do I address my complaints to the moderators?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

mercuried
Redshirt

Where do I address my complaints to the moderators?

Post by mercuried »

I am so annoyed at the moderators. They disapprove my posts and the reason are the following:
1. Reason: The reported message is likely a plant from a sleeper spambot..

2. Reason: The reported message is likely a plant from a sleeper spambot..

First of all, would a sleeper spambot be able to post this??
Second, what constitutes a spam anyway? It's an unrelated post from the original topic. I never posted a spammy post.

At this rate, people will just move to FB groups, Reddit, or Discord. Forums are slowly dropping like flies because of moderators like these who give no consideration to the users of the forum!
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Re: Where do I address my complaints to the moderators?

Post by Dalton »

That was me, and I am an Administrator, responsible for keeping spambots and trolls away from the board, among other duties. I gave due consideration to a new user with no posts making one-line contributions to month-old threads, and decided not to approve them.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Welcome to the board!

Publically criticizing the Mods vs simply PMing someone first is a great way to start things off, Congrats! :lol:
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Gotta love concern trolls.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

mercuried wrote: 2018-11-29 03:24am At this rate, people will just move to FB groups, Reddit, or Discord. Forums are slowly dropping like flies because of moderators like these who give no consideration to the users of the forum!
You just cited three other platforms which all have built in moderator capabilities whom are allowed to do almost anything they want, all of which support automatic moderation by bots, and all of which have final oversight by opaque corporate governance against which no appeal is possible while they seek profits based on your personal information and use habits.

You sure love totalitarianism.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Heh. Facebook can in theory do all those things, but I can tell you from experience that Facebook moderation is worth jack and shit in practice. I have many times reported other posters (usually for inciting/glorifying political violence). Invariably, I got a reply saying that the post in question did not violate Facebook's standards, and that was that. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

I don't know, maybe Facebook only censors intelligent speech.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2018-11-30 01:11am Heh. Facebook can in theory do all those things, but I can tell you from experience that Facebook moderation is worth jack and shit in practice. I have many times reported other posters (usually for inciting/glorifying political violence). Invariably, I got a reply saying that the post in question did not violate Facebook's standards, and that was that. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Facebook moderates speech that gets it in trouble or reduces engagment. That's it. Nothing hard to understand about it.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2018-11-30 01:11am Heh. Facebook can in theory do all those things, but I can tell you from experience that Facebook moderation is worth jack and shit in practice. I have many times reported other posters (usually for inciting/glorifying political violence). Invariably, I got a reply saying that the post in question did not violate Facebook's standards, and that was that. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Try making even the most remotely feminist comment on FaceFuck, and see how quickly you land in Facebook jail.

Whereas the most rabid red pillers, who bitch the most about being in jail, no matter how many times they're reported, get away with being misogynistic swine on von Zuckerberg's platform.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Yeah, its pretty clear at this point that Facebook is deeply in bed with the far Right. There's a reason I don't post on it any more.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2018-11-30 12:57pm Yeah, its pretty clear at this point that Facebook is deeply in bed with the far Right. There's a reason I don't post on it any more.
I hardly post in it, because I only have a few days' freedom between 30 day stretches in Zuckertraz.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Facebook's algorithms have decided that you don't matter since they can't sufficiently monetize your information & activities. Those same algorithms have also done a cost-benefit analysis on whether acting on your reports will make or cost Facesucker money, and decided against you. Yes, you are a number, and that's all they care about.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

*clunk*
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.