THE OotS Thread, Part V

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Re: THE OotS Thread, Part V

Post by Solauren »

Thor and Loki really need to spread their theory to the other gods, and then be ready to sit down with the Dark One and make a deal.

i.e Gobotopia gets a 'no deity will support unprovoked invasion', or the gods raise up a new continent for them or something.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

1445 is up

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1145.html

Man, so Gods really do need mortals to be fully functional. I'm sort of curious how they had it together enough to make the first world then.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Odin's condition probably sheds new light on why Loki wanted to preserve this world, and probably why he tricked Hel when they created it. Both of Odin's sons are trying to help him get better, on top of possibly ending the threat from the Snarl.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

1146 is up. Odin seems to have regained his sanity, at least a bit.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Decent exposition and an all right punch line.

I'm still liking this but I still think Burlew needs to tighten things up considerable to stop things overstaying their welcome.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Crazedwraith wrote: 2018-11-10 05:11pm Decent exposition and an all right punch line.

I'm still liking this but I still think Burlew needs to tighten things up considerable to stop things overstaying their welcome.
I think that when rereading these parts won't drag at all. It's just the posting schedule that makes things seem over long.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

100% Agree on the posting scheduele thing.

If you sit down and just read the comics end to end, if moves about the same as regular comic book does.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

1146 is up

"I could give you amazing magical spells on demand every morning."

I love this Thor.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Well, he did say years ago that he needed to avoid cutting to Thor too much because he enjoyed writing him too much and didn't want the comic to become "Order of Thor." So there's that. :P
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Thor mentioning Banjo....

Odin and Thor were going to accept Banjo into the pantheon....

Could Banjo (and perhaps Giggles) gain Purple Divine Auras?

You have to admit, that would be painfully ironic, and oh so funny.

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Solauren wrote: 2018-11-11 09:03am Thor mentioning Banjo....

Odin and Thor were going to accept Banjo into the pantheon....

Could Banjo (and perhaps Giggles) gain Purple Divine Auras?

You have to admit, that would be painfully ironic, and oh so funny.

I would consider that plenty of foreshadowing, considering we had an entire arc about belief in Banjo.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Glad the resurrection is here. Seems the right moment for it.

Wonder if we'll get any flashback strips or just exposition to fill in what happened to the others.

Durkon/Hilgya reunion should be interesting to see in any case.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Hilgya: I brought you back so I can murder you myself!
Durkon: Oh, so getting married to raise our child together is out of the question?
Hilgya (Confused expression, thinks): Meh, same thing.

Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

1148 is up. Not very surprising

Hope Burlew starts publishing more often again.

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Raesene wrote: 2018-12-12 02:16pm Hope Burlew starts publishing more often again.
Has he said anything more about his health? I know it was not the best and why he stopped posting on a regular schedule. :(
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

LadyTevar wrote: 2018-12-12 08:53pm
Raesene wrote: 2018-12-12 02:16pm Hope Burlew starts publishing more often again.
Has he said anything more about his health? I know it was not the best and why he stopped posting on a regular schedule. :(
He's very private about it. All he's ever said, to my knowledge, is that it isn't life-threatening, but periodically makes it difficult to work.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Raesene wrote: 2018-12-12 02:16pm 1148 is up. Not very surprising

Hope Burlew starts publishing more often again.
On the one hand, I like Minrah, on the other I wonder what purpose she can serve going forwards. Maybe causing more tension between Durkon and Hilgya?

And yeah given the rate of strips this one seem particular wasted. As ever it seems written for the collection.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

If it was saved for the collection, and then Durkon resurrects Minrah later, we're left to wonder why he did that (and why she accepted) until the collection comes out.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

No i just meant pacing wise. The story gets slow sometimes but its fine when collected in the book. I wasn't suggesting it should have been a bonus strip.
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Rogue 9 wrote: 2018-12-13 12:11am He's very private about it. All he's ever said, to my knowledge, is that it isn't life-threatening, but periodically makes it difficult to work.
I read somewhere that it's something autoimmune-related, but I never saw a source for that and it was probably speculation. What I do know is that Burlew has said that it's chronic and fairly often leaves him so weak and fucked up that laying in bed holding a pen is more than he can manage.
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Dang. :lol:
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

Not what I expected, but very credible :-D

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

So, she gets it both ways! She got to kill him again, and then marry him (and possibly torment him for years)