Mom Died

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Zor
Sith Acolyte

Mom Died

Post by Zor »

As I have mentioned before, my mom was diagnosed with cancer about a year and three quarters ago. We've tried a variety of treatments to deal with it from surgery to Chemotherapy to try to deal with it, but despite everything it spread and it has had a more and more pronounced effect on her. For the last few months she was in palliative care at home. For the last week she had to an oxygen pump to aid her in breathing, she was in a lot of pain even with morphine tablets and she did not want to end up slowly withering away in agony in a hospital bed. As such, as per her wishes she elected to have end of life procedures. At 1:30 PM the deed was done and she past away. We'll have her ashes poured over lake of the woods some time soon in accordance with her last wishes.

This is a hard day for me, my sister and my dad.

Janice Dehod
1958-2018.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/ind
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/tra
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Jub
Sith Marauder

Re: Mom Died

Post by Jub »

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Cancer sucks but to fight it for that long means your mom was tough as nails. Try to remember that and all the other cool things about her when your grief gives you a moment to do so.

I don't really know what else to say here but I'm here if there's anything you need that I can provide.
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

God sorry to hear that.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

I'm sorry for your loss.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

You have my condolences.
Sig images are for people who aren't fucking lazy.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

I'm sorry for your loss.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

My condolences. End of life is so very hard. Please, take care of yourselves now, no doubt that is what your mom would want. May she rest in peace. You all have my best wishes.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Zor, man, I'm sorry. It's hard losing a parent at any age, and there's nothing that can be said that can make it better.

My sympathies are with you and your surviving family.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

That really sucks.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
B5B7
Jedi Knight

Post by B5B7 »

My condolences Zor. To have a parent pass away at such a relatively young age is sad.
TVWP: "Janeway says archly, "Sometimes it's the female of the species that initiates mating." Is the female of the species trying to initiate mating now? Janeway accepts Paris's apology and tells him she's putting him in for a commendation. The salamander sex was that good."
"Not bad - for a human"-Bishop to Ripley
GALACTIC DOMINATION Empire Board Game visit link below:
GALACTIC DOMINATION
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

I'm sorry for your loss, Zor.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

Sorry for your loss Zor.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Sorry for your loss Zor :(
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

She took control at the end. She dictated her own terms to death.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

Sorry for your loss Zor.
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

You have my condolences. I can imagine how much this hurts, and all I can say is that time will help heal it. Not completely. Never completely. But some healing, at least.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

My deepest condolences, Zor.
I know how hard it is to lose a parent, and it will not be easy, and it will take a long time before the pain starts to fade.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Zwinmar
Jedi Master

Post by Zwinmar »

My condolences, I've been there, it sucks. Just take it a day at a time, some will be better than others, but you will get through it.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Very sorry. My Mom has made it several times, but the Big C will eventually take her if a car doesn't.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I'm sorry to hear this, Zor.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Eventually my Mom will die before My Dad. She's survived cancer seven times. If that does not make him put his weapon in his mouth, he might move in with me or jump a freight. Dude loves trains.

Today is her 78rd birthday. I'll miss her.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

My condolences, Zor.
Milites Astrum Exterminans
KraytKing
Jedi Knight

Post by KraytKing »

No one deserves this pain. You have my condolences.

Small words, compared to your situation, but I can only hope they'll help.
If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.
--Mace

The Old Testament has as much validity for the foundation of a religion as the pattern my recent case of insect bites formed on my ass.
--Solauren

I always get nervous when I hear the word Christian.
--Mountain

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
LapsedPacifist
Jedi Knight

Post by LapsedPacifist »

I'm really sorry to hear that Zor.
Ogrek is beyond strategy.

<- Avatar from Dr. Roy's List of Stomatopods for the Aquarium