Venom Trailer

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Venom Trailer

Post by Enigma »

Looks to be interesting.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Re: Venom Trailer

Post by Crazedwraith »

Not watched it yet but how are they doing this without a Spider-man movie for set up?
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

Yeah, isn't Venom part of the Marvel-verse? How the hell did they get the license to it and not it be part of the MCU?
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Zixinus wrote: 2018-04-24 08:00am Yeah, isn't Venom part of the Marvel-verse? How the hell did they get the license to it and not it be part of the MCU?
Venom is one of the Spider-man related characters Sony has the film rights to. So they can make a movie out of it without cooperating with the MCU. Like the Spider-Man/Amazing Spider-Man movies and X-men/FF in Fox's case.

There was a lot of legal headache getting Spider-man into the mcu with Civil War.

Looks like they're going a bio-weapon origin divorced with spider-man to hit the anti-hero vibe. I much prefer Venom as a spidey villian myself but then I've only had a very limited exposure to the ant-hero version of venom.
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

So Sony is desperately trying to get on the MCU action by going with the most popularly known character they have the license to?
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Basically but they still get the money from the Spider-Man solo films which they're making in conjunction with the MCU.
TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

Post by TithonusSyndrome »

The musical theme in this trailer sounds an awful lot like Rack City. I hope this wasn't intentional, because that would be hilarious. :D