Ebola comes back as Trump cuts anti Ebola funding

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Ebola comes back as Trump cuts anti Ebola funding

Post by PainRack »

U.S. President Donald Trump announced his decision to pull out of the Iran nuclear deal, the White House discreetly released an official proposal to cut funding for children’s health programs, Medicare, and Ebola responses. The two policies may seem unrelated, but they share the same basic design — assuming vast national security risks simply for the sake of dismantling former President Barack Obama’s legacy.

“I herewith report 38 rescissions of budget authority, totaling $15.4 billion,” reads Trump’s health program edict, referring to cuts — mostly in health care and emergency responses overseas — that he wants Congress to make in the current 2018 budget. By law, Congress has 45 days to agree to the cuts, throw them back to a veto challenge, or insist on further White House justification for the actions. The $15.4 billion slice off the $4.1 trillion federal budget is trivial, amounting to less than half a percent of government spending and making no appreciable dent in the $440 billion deficit created by the 2018 Consolidated Appropriations Act, enacted in March. In other words, there is no way Trump’s actions can be said to be motivated by fiscal responsibility, deficit reduction, or pursuit of a balanced federal budget.

Trump’s anti-Obama motive becomes apparent in rescission R18-27, which cuts $252 million in emergency response funding that had been set aside in the 2015 fiscal year during the Ebola epidemic in Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Guinea, which claimed more than 11,300 lives. Obama, recognizing that the West African epidemic had the potential to become a national security crisis at home, asked Congress for roughly $1 billion in emergency funds to help the three affected countries combat the virus, deploy U.S. armed forces personnel, and sustain an all-hands-on-deck Centers for Disease Control and Prevention response that lasted well over a year. The $252 million that remained in the fund in 2018 had been reserved for use in building local capacitiesto spot and react to future Ebola outbreaks all over Africa.
http://foreignpolicy.com/2018/05/09/ebo ... ng-for-it/

I see the new champion of Chaos undivided, in his jealousy over Obama hope and change legacy is preparing a new gift to Uncle Nurgle.

The article goes into details of how the cuts makes no impact on the deficit, how WHO has just announced that Ebola is reappearing right as Trump announces the cuts and how this is just a move to demolish Obama legacy in healthcare. Also, since the budget cut targets CHIP, Democrats might be tempted to allow these cuts so as to save CHIP funding . So, literally stop hitting yourself America.

It's also 2 weeks old so if someone can update us on the current progress of these budget cuts......

Meanwhile, I need to see whether the sacrifice of a few SOB might summon the Grey Knights and save us all.
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Ebola comes back as Trump cuts anti Ebola funding

Post by The Romulan Republic »

At this point, it would barely surprise if the orange cunt has an actual list of the number of lives saved by Obama's policies, and is determined not to rest until he's killed an equal or greater number of people, just to show that he has a bigger dick than Obama destroy Obama's legacy "Make America Great Again".
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Fuck it. I'm daydrinking today. People are going to die due to this and my only fucking hope is that I can make Texas fucking blue in the November election with my vote to try and mitigate the damage. But until then, people die because our nation elected a man who is fine with letting people die because he is all about cutting spending and taking down a man's legacy who insulted him at a Press dinner.
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

I was previously inclined to blame his presidency on an Are We Cool Yet? stunt that got way, way out of hand before the SCP Foundation could intervene, but Trump being a Nurgle cultist would also explain a lot.

It would also probably be less stupid than the real reason he's doing this, whatever that turns out to be. I'm torn between TRR's theory and "it seemed like a good idea at the time".
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

The only real explanation you need for Dickless Donald is that he's a pathetic, entitled little man child, who deep down knows that he's a piece of shit who nobody likes, and covers for it by insisting that he's bigger and better than everyone else, trying to take everything for himself, and pettily spiting anyone else who doesn't feed his ego and greed.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to- ... 84a967badb
“Health security is very fragmented, with many different agencies,” said J. Stephen Morrison, senior vice president at the Center for Strategic and International Studies. “It means coordination and direction from the White House is terribly important. ”

The personnel changes, which Morrison and others characterize as a downgrading of global health security, are part of Bolton’s previously announced plans to streamline the NSC. Two members of Ziemer's team have been merged into a unit in charge of weapons of mass destruction, and another official's position is now part of a unit responsible for international organizations. White House homeland security adviser Tom Bossert, who had called for a comprehensive biodefense strategy against pandemics and biological attacks, is out completely. He left the day after Bolton took over last month.
It gets worse.

John Bolton removed the official responsible for pandemic security and broke up his team, literally JUST as news about the Ebola epidemic broke out.
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Jesus Christ.

Are they trying to cause a pandemic?

Seriously, I look at this shit and I wonder, at least for a moment, if those crackpot conspiracy theories about the New World Order planning to wipe out most of the human population have a grain of truth to them...

PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2018-05-16 07:28pm Jesus Christ.

Seriously, I look at this shit and I wonder, at least for a moment, if those crackpot conspiracy theories about the New World Order planning to wipe out most of the human population have a grain of truth to them...
Never attribute to malice stupidity?

Or in this case, the Republicans aren't doing 11 dimensional chess. The budget cuts were planned already last year but failed to pass. Republicans already targeted them.

Bolton announced this weeks before the news broke, although technically, the outbreak started in early April and we only realising it now May .

It's just that usually, you have to wait months before the consequences pop up and we get to tell Republitards we told you so.

The request and changes occuring JUST as Ebola news resurface is.....

Well. One could say this is a steaming ball of foreshadowing, but let's hope not .
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

The Republicans have done this in a lot of areas over the years, and we now experience many problems that wouldn't necessarily happen in a world where they hadn't been doing this tax-cut-spend-cut crap for the last couple of decades.

Once in a while, by sheer chance, they cut something immediately before it's needed, instead of five years before it's needed.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

PainRack wrote: 2018-05-16 09:12pm
The Romulan Republic wrote: 2018-05-16 07:28pm Jesus Christ.

Never attribute to malice stupidity?

Or in this case, the Republicans aren't doing 11 dimensional chess. The budget cuts were planned already last year but failed to pass. Republicans already targeted them.

Bolton announced this weeks before the news broke, although technically, the outbreak started in early April and we only realising it now May .

It's just that usually, you have to wait months before the consequences pop up and we get to tell Republitards we told you so.

The request and changes occuring JUST as Ebola news resurface is.....

Well. One could say this is a steaming ball of foreshadowing, but let's hope not .
Oh, its malice. But yeah, I don't think there's some supervillain master plan here, really. I doubt the malice extends much beyond "More money for us rich guys" and "Fuck Obama".

PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

Just an update.

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/apnews. ... 1574556207
Seeking to revive a $15 billion plan to pare back spending that has languished on Capitol Hill, the White House on Tuesday dropped a proposal to cut $252 million in leftover funding to fight the Ebola virus in Africa.

The move came as President Donald Trump took to Twitter to pitch the package of spending cuts, which still faces an uphill struggle in Congress.

"The HISTORIC Rescissions Package we've proposed would cut $15,000,000,000 in Wasteful Spending! We are getting our government back on track," Trump tweeted.

An Ebola outbreak in Congo led the administration to rethink the cuts.
Trump drops the attempt to claw back money from Ebola funds.... But kept the take away money from CHIP bit. Which the House passed.
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

Just an update.

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/apnews. ... 1574556207
Seeking to revive a $15 billion plan to pare back spending that has languished on Capitol Hill, the White House on Tuesday dropped a proposal to cut $252 million in leftover funding to fight the Ebola virus in Africa.

The move came as President Donald Trump took to Twitter to pitch the package of spending cuts, which still faces an uphill struggle in Congress.

"The HISTORIC Rescissions Package we've proposed would cut $15,000,000,000 in Wasteful Spending! We are getting our government back on track," Trump tweeted.

An Ebola outbreak in Congo led the administration to rethink the cuts.
Trump drops the attempt to claw back money from Ebola funds.... But kept the take away money from CHIP bit. Which the House passed.