I've got some Steam games to give away.

If you're having trouble signing on or you just want to do some testing, go here. Also the place for all disposable threads.
Note: posts are auto-deleted daily.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
bilateralrope
Sith Marauder
Posts: 3613
Joined: 2005-06-25 06:50pm
Location: New Zealand

I've got some Steam games to give away.

Post by bilateralrope » 2018-04-15 04:30am

I've got a few gift copies of games on Steam that have been sitting in my inventory for a while that I want to get rid of:
SpaceChem and its DLC 63 Corvi
4 copies of Talisman: Digital Edition

Is anyone interested in them ?

User avatar
Zixinus
Sith Acolyte
Posts: 6474
Joined: 2007-06-19 12:48pm
Location: In Seth the Blitzspear
Contact:

Re: I've got some Steam games to give away.

Post by Zixinus » 2018-04-15 03:12pm

I'd like SpaceChem
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.

bilateralrope
Sith Marauder
Posts: 3613
Joined: 2005-06-25 06:50pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: I've got some Steam games to give away.

Post by bilateralrope » 2018-04-15 11:53pm

I'll need your email address to send the game.

User avatar
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter
Posts: 6133
Joined: 2005-11-24 09:35am
Location: One Mile Up

Re: I've got some Steam games to give away.

Post by Raw Shark » 2018-04-16 12:33am

Am I the only one who for one second thought this was going to be about porn?

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker

User avatar
U.P. Cinnabar
Jedi Council Member
Posts: 2364
Joined: 2016-02-05 08:11pm
Location: Aboard the RCS Princess Cecile

Re: I've got some Steam games to give away.

Post by U.P. Cinnabar » 2018-04-16 11:22am

Not unless Steam's gone off in a completely different direction in the last couple of years.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law

"The Constitution's a piece of paper. A kick in the head is a jolt."
—Stanley "Ray" Kowalski
"Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty."
---NRA motto

User avatar
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 11900
Joined: 2004-03-04 01:15am
Location: Georgia

Re: I've got some Steam games to give away.

Post by Elheru Aran » 2018-04-16 02:30pm

U.P. Cinnabar wrote:
2018-04-16 11:22am
Not unless Steam's gone off in a completely different direction in the last couple of years.
You can get adult-content stuff there, I wanna say. Stuff like Fallout nudie-mod packs. I'm not 100% on that though.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.

User avatar
U.P. Cinnabar
Jedi Council Member
Posts: 2364
Joined: 2016-02-05 08:11pm
Location: Aboard the RCS Princess Cecile

Re: I've got some Steam games to give away.

Post by U.P. Cinnabar » 2018-04-16 02:54pm

I thought you could get those anywhere on the net. But, I don't actively look for them anyway.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law

"The Constitution's a piece of paper. A kick in the head is a jolt."
—Stanley "Ray" Kowalski
"Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty."
---NRA motto

User avatar
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand
Posts: 11900
Joined: 2004-03-04 01:15am
Location: Georgia

Re: I've got some Steam games to give away.

Post by Elheru Aran » 2018-04-16 04:39pm

U.P. Cinnabar wrote:
2018-04-16 02:54pm
I thought you could get those anywhere on the net. But, I don't actively look for them anyway.
You've gotta be picky. It's like hookers, you can get one off the side of Old Nasty Highway or you can take some time and money and find a real nice one... not cheap, but guaranteed clean.

That said, now that I've thought about it a little more, I don't actually know that Steam carries much in the way of mods. But there are plenty of forums and sites where you can find such material, more or less free for the taking.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.

User avatar
InsaneTD
Jedi Knight
Posts: 597
Joined: 2010-07-13 12:10am
Location: South Australia

Re: I've got some Steam games to give away.

Post by InsaneTD » 2018-04-16 10:07pm

The Steam Workshop is community based content. For some games it's just maps and skins. Others also have mod support through it. That depends on how supportive to mods the publisher is though.

Not all games have steam workshop either.

bilateralrope
Sith Marauder
Posts: 3613
Joined: 2005-06-25 06:50pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: I've got some Steam games to give away.

Post by bilateralrope » 2018-04-16 11:32pm

Porn seems to be the one thing Valve manages to successfully keep off the Steam store. Though I've heard that there are some porn games with a SFW version up there and a link to a nude patch stickied in the games forum.

For everything else, Valve doesn't want to manually curate the store. Hence the flood of achievement spam games.

bilateralrope
Sith Marauder
Posts: 3613
Joined: 2005-06-25 06:50pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: I've got some Steam games to give away.

Post by bilateralrope » 2018-04-16 11:32pm

Zixinus wrote:
2018-04-15 03:12pm
I'd like SpaceChem
Sent, along with the DLC.

User avatar
U.P. Cinnabar
Jedi Council Member
Posts: 2364
Joined: 2016-02-05 08:11pm
Location: Aboard the RCS Princess Cecile

Re: I've got some Steam games to give away.

Post by U.P. Cinnabar » 2018-04-17 12:16am

Elheru Aran wrote:
2018-04-16 04:39pm
U.P. Cinnabar wrote:
2018-04-16 02:54pm
I thought you could get those anywhere on the net. But, I don't actively look for them anyway.
You've gotta be picky. It's like hookers, you can get one off the side of Old Nasty Highway or you can take some time and money and find a real nice one... not cheap, but guaranteed clean.

That said, now that I've thought about it a little more, I don't actually know that Steam carries much in the way of mods. But there are plenty of forums and sites where you can find such material, more or less free for the taking.
We don't have too many walking Old Nasty Highway round here. That probably because they're all at Old Nasty Truck Stop, or even Older, Nastier Strip Club. :lol:
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law

"The Constitution's a piece of paper. A kick in the head is a jolt."
—Stanley "Ray" Kowalski
"Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty."
---NRA motto

User avatar
tezunegari
Padawan Learner
Posts: 477
Joined: 2008-11-13 12:44pm

Re: I've got some Steam games to give away.

Post by tezunegari » 2018-04-17 12:12pm

bilateralrope wrote:
2018-04-16 11:32pm
Porn seems to be the one thing Valve manages to successfully keep off the Steam store. Though I've heard that there are some porn games with a SFW version up there and a link to a nude patch stickied in the games forum.

For everything else, Valve doesn't want to manually curate the store. Hence the flood of achievement spam games.
Valve has recently changed their TOS for that, October 2017 IIRC. Offering links to de-censor patches/manuals is now against the shop rules.
The patches are usually still offered on the developers website though.
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"

User avatar
Zixinus
Sith Acolyte
Posts: 6474
Joined: 2007-06-19 12:48pm
Location: In Seth the Blitzspear
Contact:

Re: I've got some Steam games to give away.

Post by Zixinus » 2018-04-17 03:36pm

I got Spacechem. Awesome! THanks!
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.

User avatar
The Infidel
Jedi Knight
Posts: 569
Joined: 2009-05-07 01:32pm
Location: Norway

Re: I've got some Steam games to give away.

Post by The Infidel » 2018-04-18 08:42am

Raw Shark wrote:
2018-04-16 12:33am
Am I the only one who for one second thought this was going to be about porn?
Porn?
Like the mix of youtube and porn (won't say the link, don't remember if that is against the rules)? Why download anything?
Lot's of ads, but thanks to pi-hole and a good selection of lists that block ads, malware and phishing sites on my network, I never see it.
My network has ad free porn. :)
Image
It is very difficult to believe in a god when some people are never struck by lightning. -Calvin

"The world language is English as spoken by foreigners." -Kristen Nygaard

User avatar
Zixinus
Sith Acolyte
Posts: 6474
Joined: 2007-06-19 12:48pm
Location: In Seth the Blitzspear
Contact:

Re: I've got some Steam games to give away.

Post by Zixinus » 2018-04-19 11:28am

On that note, I just noticed that I have an extra copy of Portal on my account. Anybody would like it?
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.

User avatar
FaxModem1
Sith Acolyte
Posts: 6383
Joined: 2002-10-30 06:40pm
Location: In a dark reflection of a better world

Re: I've got some Steam games to give away.

Post by FaxModem1 » 2018-04-19 05:52pm

Zixinus wrote:
2018-04-19 11:28am
On that note, I just noticed that I have an extra copy of Portal on my account. Anybody would like it?
Yes please
Image

User avatar
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter
Posts: 6133
Joined: 2005-11-24 09:35am
Location: One Mile Up

Re: I've got some Steam games to give away.

Post by Raw Shark » 2018-04-20 11:52am

The Infidel wrote:
2018-04-18 08:42am
Porn?
pi-hole
You have my attention. Math porn is right up in my... oh fuck I am such a geek...

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker

bilateralrope
Sith Marauder
Posts: 3613
Joined: 2005-06-25 06:50pm
Location: New Zealand

Re: I've got some Steam games to give away.

Post by bilateralrope » 2018-04-20 01:01pm

tezunegari wrote:
2018-04-17 12:12pm
bilateralrope wrote:
2018-04-16 11:32pm
Porn seems to be the one thing Valve manages to successfully keep off the Steam store. Though I've heard that there are some porn games with a SFW version up there and a link to a nude patch stickied in the games forum.

For everything else, Valve doesn't want to manually curate the store. Hence the flood of achievement spam games.
Valve has recently changed their TOS for that, October 2017 IIRC. Offering links to de-censor patches/manuals is now against the shop rules.
The patches are usually still offered on the developers website though.
Every rumor I've heard about it happening has been one I heard this year. But, when empty folders can be sold on Steam*, I have to wonder if Valve is enforcing any of their rules.



*And can't be refunded, because you can't refund a game with 0 playtime and you can't get playtime on a game that doesn't have an executable to run.

User avatar
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter
Posts: 6133
Joined: 2005-11-24 09:35am
Location: One Mile Up

Re: I've got some Steam games to give away.

Post by Raw Shark » 2018-04-20 09:02pm

I'm just not letting this one go. I ran it by insane redhead and her crazy ass agreed that this about porn. So it is.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker

User avatar
U.P. Cinnabar
Jedi Council Member
Posts: 2364
Joined: 2016-02-05 08:11pm
Location: Aboard the RCS Princess Cecile

Re: I've got some Steam games to give away.

Post by U.P. Cinnabar » 2018-04-20 11:09pm

The same crazed redhead who believes in chemtrails, 9/11 hoaxes, and the Illuminati? Yeah...
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law

"The Constitution's a piece of paper. A kick in the head is a jolt."
—Stanley "Ray" Kowalski
"Accuse the other side of that which you are guilty."
---NRA motto

User avatar
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter
Posts: 6133
Joined: 2005-11-24 09:35am
Location: One Mile Up

Re: I've got some Steam games to give away.

Post by Raw Shark » 2018-04-21 01:27am

U.P. Cinnabar wrote:
2018-04-20 11:09pm
The same crazed redhead who believes in chemtrails, 9/11 hoaxes, and the Illuminati? Yeah...
She is not the chemtrail girl. That girl is Special K, she is whacked as a weed, and lives directly under me and one south. We're also both night people, so I kind of see a lot more of her than I probably should. IR does think the moon landing was faked, though. I don't call her Sane Redhead for some good reasons.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker

Post Reply