All About "Science" dot ORG

SLAM: debunk creationism, pseudoscience, and superstitions. Discuss logic and morality.

Moderator: Alyrium Denryle

cadbrowser
Padawan Learner

All About "Science" dot ORG

Post by cadbrowser »

I was doing some research online about air ionization and plasma (as it relates to fusion) when I started wafting into reading about stars which inevitably led to the Big Bang Theory. Which I've read countless times already, but I love reading about all that stuff and had some time to kill in between jobs here at work.

Yes, I'll admit, I read a lot on Wikipedia (no, I'm not ashamed). Sometimes the links they provide to other websites are handy in that some members of the scientific community like to try their hand at simplifying the concept for laymen. I appreciate varying author's attempts.

Well, I came across this website: Big Bang Theory. It was new and I decided to read it. I was ok with it up until I saw this:
Any discussion of the Big Bang theory would be incomplete without asking the question, what about God?
:wtf:

I scrolled down and saw a bunch of other links which led me to this link: Intelligent Design

Uh...really? This shit is still being wrote about? :banghead:

So Much More Nonsense Here :wanker:
Financing and Managing a webcomic called Geeks & Goblins.

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy
"Cheerleaders are dancers who have gone retarded." - Sparky Polastri
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum." - Frank Nada
cadbrowser
Padawan Learner

Re: All About "Science" dot ORG

Post by cadbrowser »

I about spit coffee out my nose when I saw this: About Us :lol:
Financing and Managing a webcomic called Geeks & Goblins.

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy
"Cheerleaders are dancers who have gone retarded." - Sparky Polastri
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum." - Frank Nada
Khaat
Jedi Master

Post by Khaat »

"Their cult is icky, our cult is much better" - the rallying cry of every religion forever, everywhere.
Rule #1: Believe the autocrat. He means what he says.
Rule #2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule #3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule #4: Be outraged.
Rule #5: Don’t make compromises.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Definitely fundies . The whole "we're not a religion, we're believers" line gave it away.

Honestly, I was expecting the Fundamental Fysiks Group to be behind this. The line about where was God at the Big Bang sounds like Fred Wolf's butchery of quantum physics.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford