Star Wars: Rebels

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Re: Star Wars: Rebels

Post by PhoenixKnig »

Oh yeah I didn't think too much about that
Bullets always have the right of away
CetaMan
Youngling

Post by CetaMan »

Trailer looks to have a Dreadnaught Cruiser in the imperial fleet.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Well that was a fairly thorough mindfuck. Series ends next week. We'll see how they wrap it up.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Anyone want to place bets on how many characters die for the finale?
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2018-02-28 04:59pm Anyone want to place bets on how many characters die for the finale?
I think it's more or less comfirmed that Sabine survives past the Battle of Jakku so she's safe and depending on how the finale relates to Rogue One Hera might be safe too. The fate of the rest of the cast is uncertain though.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Kallus and Zeb I fear are expendable. Rex probably makes it. Hera, yeah. The droid could always be rebuilt....
But Bridger? DEAD. And he needs to be dead. Aside from being annoying 99% of the series, he has now, personally , pissed off the Emperor, actual. If he skates away on that, in any fashion, it's just retarded
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Ezra and Kanan both need to either bite it or not be Jedi/part of the Alliance at the end, or it causes some serious issues with the whole "Luke is the last Jedi" thing in the OT.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Um-Kanan is a goner already...
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Batman wrote: 2018-02-28 05:49pm Um-Kanan is a goner already...
Yeah, I think I heard something about that, though I haven't watched the most recent episodes.

So... one down, one to go.

I really hope Hera makes it, though. But since she was at Scarif, then unless the series extends past Scarif, the only place she could die would be during the battle itself.

PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

Lord Revan wrote: 2018-02-28 05:20pm
The Romulan Republic wrote: 2018-02-28 04:59pm Anyone want to place bets on how many characters die for the finale?
I think it's more or less comfirmed that Sabine survives past the Battle of Jakku so she's safe and depending on how the finale relates to Rogue One Hera might be safe too. The fate of the rest of the cast is uncertain though.
What's the source in that
Bullets always have the right of away
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Technically Luke wasn't the last Jedi. Ben and Yoda were still around, and if one wants to get nitpicky neither Ahsoka (remember she's still around, too) nor Ezra are full-on Jedi
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

PhoenixKnig wrote: 2018-02-28 06:05pm
Lord Revan wrote: 2018-02-28 05:20pm
What's the source in that
For Sabine I've heard that Poe refers to New Republic propagandist in a comic or novel, that's very similar to Sabine or could have even been confirmed to be her, I've not actually personally seen that source only hear about it second hand. As for Hera there's a backround PA announcement for "general Syndulla" in Rogue One and that was comfirmed in tweet to be Hera and not her father.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Yoda tells Luke he will be the last of the Jedi shortly before dying.

Tarkin also believed the Jedi to be dead in A New Hope, though he could, of course, be in error.
DarthPooky wrote: 2018-02-27 04:35am Spoiler
This last episode also hade the first canon on screen appearance of time travel in Star Wars. :o
That is... deeply concerning. Time travel is something that is very hard to do well, can utterly wreck continuity if done badly, and has no real precedent in Star Wars canon. It is not a tool that I trust to be used well by the writers, or without utterly upending the nature of the setting and raising more questions than it answers (like why didn't Vader go back in time to save Padme, why didn't Luke go back in time to stop himself from killing Kylo Ren, etc.).

Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Sigh...
Spoiler and quote tags no work together
Reyvan
Youngling

Post by Reyvan »

About the Spoiler Spoiler
Its not something thats at all easy to do. And it seems that the ancient Jedi hid the the way to do Time Travel deep under at least one temple, possibly in an area that was completely inaccessible until the Empire completely removed the temple. Vader never knew about it, and its likely the Jedi of the Prequels didn't either. Palpatine may not even know that its possible despite trying to gain control of it. He may think that the gateway leads to something else. It also seems to be the type of Time Travel where you don't really change how events unfolded, rather any changes you make have already happened.

That doesn't seem to be explained very well, basically, Ezra didn't change Ahsoka's fate in this episode. There's no timeline where she was killed by Darth Vader, Ezra always rescued her. So basically, because Padme died, its impossible for Vader to use Time Travel to save her, because if he had, she would never have died. Or, if it is possible, Bad Things are likely to happen. Ahsoka stops Ezra from rescuing Kanan for precisely this reason. If Kanan were rescued, then Ezra and the rest of the Ghost crew would die, and who knows how the force would deal with that paradox.

If Palpatine does know Time Travel is possible, its probably the sort of thing that he would make absolutely sure to never let Vader know about. I'm not sure exactly what Vader would do if he could Time Travel, but I'm pretty sure every possibility would end very badly for Palpatine.

The only known location where its possible to Time Travel was also destroyed at the end of the episode.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Spoiler
Which is fine, in and of itself. In fact, unless you want to start creating alternate universes all the time, its the only way to really handle time travel logically, in my opinion.

But it opens the door to time travel in Star Wars, and I doubt all others will use it as well.

Mixed feelings about Ashoka being alive. I love Ashoka, but you don't want to keep bringing back "dead" characters all the time because it undermines the story. And it leaves a loose thread which could fit awkwardly with the OT.

Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

When, exactly, was Ahsoka killed? If you mean the Ahsoka/Vader fight at the end of s2 we saw her walk away from that
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Batman wrote: 2018-02-28 07:58pm When, exactly, was Ahsoka killed? If you mean the Ahsoka/Vader fight at the end of s2 we saw her walk away from that
Yes.

Personally, I always felt that it was somewhat ambiguous weather Ashoka survived, but I guess they left the door open.

Still leaves a messy loose thread that could fit awkwardly with the OT if not handled well.

Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Spoiler
Ahsoka, disengaged from the duel for the split-second to plunge both blades into the floor and destroy the Sith Weapon; Vader struck her down then -- or he would have, except Bridger snatched her away before the blow landed. She returned to that timeframe, thus we saw her walking down stairs and thru doorway...
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Spoiler
Which works alright, in and of itself, but leaves the big question of Ashoka's future as unanswered as ever.

I wonder if she's still alive in the ST era, now.

Oh, nasty thought...

I wonder if she was one of Luke's students who got killed by Kylo Ren.

applejack
Padawan Learner

Post by applejack »

Lord Revan wrote: 2018-02-28 06:10pmAs for Hera there's a backround PA announcement for "general Syndulla" in Rogue One and that was comfirmed in tweet to be Hera and not her father.
In the animated Forces of Destiny microseries, which according to Wookiepedia is canon, there's an episode where Hera, Chopper, and the Ghost show up at Endor. So she survives up into ROTJ

Dear Lord, the gods have been good to me. As an offering, I present these milk and cookies. If you wish me to eat them instead, please give me no sign whatsoever *pauses* Thy will be done *munch munch munch*. - Homer Simpson
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Its going to suck to be Hera if she's the only one of her crew (besides the droid, anyway) who makes it out.

Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Sabine prob safe; she's cute and has boobs, and has all that Mando plot armour, for them to use in another series
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

The idea anyone not seen on the OT is automatically dead is asinine anyway. Not dead unless said dead.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Spoiler
RR, she held her own against Darth Vader; and he kicks little Kylo's butt all over the playground. I think she'd do fine in that matchup, hypothetically. If we don't see her, I can only GUESS they planning something with her in the next series