Mark Hamill interviewd for this week's Big Issue

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Mark Hamill interviewd for this week's Big Issue

Post by Zaune »

Mark Hamill: Revelations of the Jedi
Ahead of the release of Star Wars: Episode VIII: The Last Jedi this week, Mark Hamill spoke exclusively with The Big Issue, in a candid and revealing interview.

He talked about how he had to hide an injury that he sustained during filming, and that after Harrison Ford had broken a leg on The Force Awakens, filmmakers were eager to prevent the news spreading.

Undertaking a hardcore keep-fit regime for The Last Jedi, Hamill had a run-in with his running machine. Unbelievably, the accident was caused by him laughing so much while watching a DVD of Rik Mayall and Ade Edmondson’s cult comedy Bottom.

Hamill said: “The physical humour is just sublime. I was on the treadmill watching Bottom and there was a sight gag that was so perfect, so funny, that I couldn’t believe I had seen it. I didn’t stop the treadmill. I left it running, tried to jump off to rewind the DVD and next thing I knew I was on the floor.

“They don’t want to talk about it because it is the same thing that happened to Harrison. But I twisted my ankle.”

Another revelation in this weeks Big Issue is the fact that Luke Skywalker’s role in The Force Awakens was originally meant to have much bigger, instead of only a hooded cameo.

The lost scene in the original draft of the script involved Skywalker and Daisy Ridley’s character Rey searching for the wreck of the Death Star under the sea.

Hamill said: “In that version, the Death Star had sunk to the bottom of the ocean, and there were clues we needed. I was with Daisy Ridley’s character in scuba gear in the wreck. It was just awesome. I had my hopes falsely raised!

“I didn’t know they would reconfigure it to do it the way they did it, and no one really told me until I read the script.”
I can't link to an online version of the interview because it won't be available until the next issue ships because of how The Big Issue works, but remind me in a day or two and I'll look for it in the archive.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
APlayerHater
Padawan Learner

Re: Mark Hamill interviewd for this week's Big Issue

Post by APlayerHater »

Underwater DS. Damn. That would have been cool.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

How the hell could there be DS components underwater? As someone who routinely chides Fucking Nerds, I myself would be incensed!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
fractalsponge1
Jedi Council Member

Post by fractalsponge1 »

Shroom Man 777 wrote: 2017-12-25 09:57pm How the hell could there be DS components underwater? As someone who routinely chides Fucking Nerds, I myself would be incensed!
We all pick different hills to die on, nerd :P

Speaking of Luke, we're not the only ones to have our own lines of where things *should* fall.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainmen ... skywalker/
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

fractalsponge1 wrote: 2017-12-26 06:34pm
Shroom Man 777 wrote: 2017-12-25 09:57pm How the hell could there be DS components underwater? As someone who routinely chides Fucking Nerds, I myself would be incensed!

Speaking of Luke, we're not the only ones to have our own lines of where things *should* fall.

Then agayne: http://epicstream.com/news/Mark-Hamill- ... epicbuffer
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
fractalsponge1
Jedi Council Member

Post by fractalsponge1 »

Shroom Man 777 wrote: 2017-12-27 04:57am
fractalsponge1 wrote: 2017-12-26 06:34pm

Then agayne: http://epicstream.com/news/Mark-Hamill- ... epicbuffer
Before and after his agent starts getting angry calls? :P Maybe I'm being too cynical here. I thought the TLJ Luke was fairly well done for what it was, but one can definitely disagree with the direction they took the character.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

fractalsponge1 wrote: 2017-12-27 01:44pm Before and after his agent starts getting angry calls? :P Maybe I'm being too cynical here. I thought the TLJ Luke was fairly well done for what it was, but one can definitely disagree with the direction they took the character.
Uh huh. If the sequels had to do Skywalker Family Drama, Luke or someone would've had to fuck up bad - and so we got that and I think it was portrayed well, we got a human and flawed Luke. If Luke didn't fuck up, we wouldn't get more Skywalker Family Drama. I'm fine with a Skywalker-less Star Wars, IMO. But the fans want Skywalker Family Drama, yet won't go with a flawed Luke? Come on lol.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

It had a *lot* of wreckage parts and someone dropped it off? I dunno.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Q99 wrote: 2017-12-29 01:35pm
It had a *lot* of wreckage parts and someone dropped it off? I dunno.
If I had to guess: they were going to set parts of the story on Yavin rather than Irish Island Planet, following EU inspiration for the Jedi Temple and all that. Or Endor. Which could explain how Kylo Ren got Vader's mask, little Ben was walking around the forest one day and came across Grandpa's ash-pile.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Elheru Aran wrote: 2017-12-29 01:42pm If I had to guess: they were going to set parts of the story on Yavin rather than Irish Island Planet, following EU inspiration for the Jedi Temple and all that. Or Endor. Which could explain how Kylo Ren got Vader's mask, little Ben was walking around the forest one day and came across Grandpa's ash-pile.
Makes sense.
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

Shroom Man 777 wrote: 2017-12-27 05:43pm
fractalsponge1 wrote: 2017-12-27 01:44pm Before and after his agent starts getting angry calls? :P Maybe I'm being too cynical here. I thought the TLJ Luke was fairly well done for what it was, but one can definitely disagree with the direction they took the character.
Uh huh. If the sequels had to do Skywalker Family Drama, Luke or someone would've had to fuck up bad - and so we got that and I think it was portrayed well, we got a human and flawed Luke. If Luke didn't fuck up, we wouldn't get more Skywalker Family Drama. I'm fine with a Skywalker-less Star Wars, IMO. But the fans want Skywalker Family Drama, yet won't go with a flawed Luke? Come on lol.
I don't think fans ever asked for more Skywalker drama. Skywalker clan involvement in the new movies? Yes, but there is no expectation you need more broken family drama.
Humans are such funny creatures. We are selfish about selflessness, yet we can love something so much that we can hate something.