World of Warships

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Re: World of Warships

Post by Lonestar »

If anyone wants to division up, I am on right now(1625 EST). Handle Gruntyginman. Changed form BaronBucher
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

With last weekend discounts I've exchanged some gold to get the last of the required free XP to get the Missouri/Trump Mobile, so credits should be less tight for the future. Next stop: the Nelson
I couldn't get enough credits to get the Iowa yet but it should have similar playstyle so there's no rush.
Instead I've got upgraded my Mahan to the Benson
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

wautd wrote: 2017-09-19 03:07am With last weekend discounts I've exchanged some gold to get the last of the required free XP to get the Missouri/Trump Mobile, so credits should be less tight for the future. Next stop: the Nelson
I couldn't get enough credits to get the Iowa yet but it should have similar playstyle so there's no rush.
Instead I've got upgraded my Mahan to the Benson
Shoot. That's what I should have done last weekend... converting the XP for the Nelson (not as interested in/can't be arsed to save up 900k for the Mighty Mo). In my defense, new puppy. Congratulations on USS My Wife Has No Complaints, Trust Me.

Benson is such a fantastic ship. Mahan isn't a bad boat, but I found the huge spotting distance tough to deal with. The Benson is much easier to play with at short range, and the torpedoes are easier to alpha with and offload quickly of course.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Cruisers need buffs they said....can't survive BB shells they said....can't do enough damage they said....[/sarcasm]
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Thanas wrote: 2017-10-05 07:09am Image

Cruisers need buffs they said....can't survive BB shells they said....can't do enough damage they said....[/sarcasm]
Dude, only 2 citadels out of 402 gun hits?

Seriously though,

:shock:
Reyvan
Youngling

Post by Reyvan »

Sometimes you scare me Thanas
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

So I decided to switch clans from AAO to ALN.
------------
------------
My LPs
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Thanas wrote: 2017-10-12 12:50pm So I decided to switch clans from AAO to ALN.
What prompted that? I have zero involvement on WG forums or any info source outside of here and YouTube.

In "hell froze over" news, the effectively rebooted World of Warplanes is... actually really good. I haven't touched WoWS since I downloaded it yesterday. There's a lot of AI players since server pop is still low, but enough real opponents (and, also, mechanics of AI fighters playing air defense for cap points) that it feels like a credible PvP effort.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Venator wrote: 2017-10-15 08:58pm
Thanas wrote: 2017-10-12 12:50pm So I decided to switch clans from AAO to ALN.
What prompted that? I have zero involvement on WG forums or any info source outside of here and YouTube.
People being people.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

IMPORTANT: You have until the next patch hits (tomorrow or today) to buy Belfast, Kutu and Perth. After that time they will be gone forever from sales.

https://i.redd.it/la4497o4jesz.png
------------
------------
My LPs
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

So... how bad will the Britisch cruiser line be nerfed after the smoke changes?
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

wautd wrote: 2017-10-18 07:29am So... how bad will the Britisch cruiser line be nerfed after the smoke changes?

Think they are screwed.

Unlesss you manage to nail them with torps BBs jusst have to cross into 7-6km range to spot you. And there is no way you are DPS'ing down an angled 8-10 BB in the time it takes him to sail from 12 to 7 km. Even funnier is that DDs can outspot you even when in your own smoke. They can even just pop their own smoke and kill you with guns with you not being able to do much except charging at them - and that is an open invite for any ship to crit you.

I just hate these changes. They heavily punish teamplay (like when you smoke up an ally in a DD), punish players that push for objectives.

Ofc it is a huge buff to things that dont need any buffs like BBs and the Khaba.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Also it is not like tools to get rid of smoke don't exist. Hitting things in smoke is relaively easy. And then you got planes, hydro, radar that lasts for a minute and can reach 10 km....and still potatoes cry about smoke.
------------
------------
My LPs
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Yeah... I never felt that smoke needed balancing. Enough countermeasures for it as it is.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

wautd wrote: 2017-10-18 10:00am Yeah... I never felt that smoke needed balancing. Enough countermeasures for it as it is.

It is just part of Wargaming's strategy to turn it into an esports by making the games go quicker = more watcheable. Right now comp is smoke blobs staring at each other. WHich is really thrilling for the player - especially when torpss are incoming on you - but lesss good for viewer numbers.

Also smoke firing is one of the main whines people complain about when uninstalling.

So instead of making a tutorial WG tries to massively nerf it. Because keeping mentally track of 100+ stealth ranges of smoke shooting is apparently less hard to figure out.

Oh and they wanted to nerf it due to Belfast and Kutu being op...and because they can''t nerf premiums they have to do it as a global change...and they still have to offer refunds. GG WG.

This whole thing is a shitshow.
------------
------------
My LPs
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

I'm thinking of selling my Belfast. I always enjoyedd playing with the Fiji more anyway
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

wautd wrote: 2017-10-19 02:54am I'm thinking of selling my Belfast.
And done. I've basically traded its gold worth for the Atlanta, which seems like a fun piece of ship
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

Anyone been playing the new Halloween event? It's batshit on a sandwich hard compared to the first one, albeit still doable, especially if your BBs and CV have some clue what they're doing.

I got 4 stars pretty quickly but haven't had the time to go back and grind for that 5th. Got something like 15,000 free XP and some gold out of it, which is nice.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

After playing 8 Kutuzov games over the past week I can only caution people against selling their Kutuzov and/or Belfast.

The smoke nerf is a nerf, yes. But if you play a bit more cautiously you will probably get the same results as before. I averaged a 100k on Kutu, which was well in line with the goal I had set for myself.
------------
------------
My LPs
Venator
Jedi Knight

Post by Venator »

I've only played a handful of games since the changes but my impressions have been mostly that smoke now helps you play aggressive safely or makes defensive play a lot more survivable... before, a lot of people used like a magic win-button to make sucidal plays work, or at least assumed that was how it worked and wasted their ships in the first 3 minutes.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

The USS Texas package is on EU as well.
https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/spec ... -with-uss/

I just spent 35 EUR to help save the Texas.
------------
------------
My LPs
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

I already had a Texas so I got the camo
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."