World of Warplanes 2.0

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Jub
Sith Marauder

World of Warplanes 2.0

Post by Jub »

So after seeing the news about this relaunch I installed it and unlike with the first attempt, I had fun. Planes fly well for an arcade flight game and planes seem to have enough HP to let you escape a bad engagement but rarely feel like sponges. I'm still only at tier 4 so things could change but this might be worth a look.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Re: World of Warplanes 2.0

Post by Vendetta »

I've given it a couple of goes, and overall it's a lot better than it used to be. I mean that's not hard it used to be fucking garbage, but it's an actual sensible design for an air combat arcade game now.

The conquest gamemode is fun and gives all the different aircraft types something to do, whilst requiring some semblance of teamwork because that lets you cap points faster.

I'm not quite sure how important the various "special" points that launch missiles and bombers and such are yet, and I think there's possibly a bit of a bias towards heavy fighters (there certainly was back in the old days). But overall it's an actual videogame that might actually be worth playing now.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

If anyone wants some free stuff to get them back in try the code FOEWOWP20 and visit Corsair' s website for a sweet giveaway of tier 5 premium planes.
Alkaloid
Jedi Master

Post by Alkaloid »

God those tech trees are a mess. It's like they're going out of their way not to include some aircraft.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Jub wrote: 2017-10-19 09:40pm visit Corsair' s website for a sweet giveaway of tier 5 premium planes.
Thanks for the tip, that looks like an awesome deal. NA only but too good to ignore
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Alkaloid wrote: 2017-10-21 12:40am God those tech trees are a mess. It's like they're going out of their way not to include some aircraft.
I'd bet that's because they are doing just that. Likely for either new lines, premiums, or for balance reasons.

Even if this wasn't WoWP 2.0 this is hardly the first 'World of' game by Wargaming and they know their business model by now.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

wautd wrote: 2017-10-21 12:47am
Jub wrote: 2017-10-19 09:40pm visit Corsair' s website for a sweet giveaway of tier 5 premium planes.
Thanks for the tip, that looks like an awesome deal. NA only but too good to ignore
For the EU try the code 'WARPLANES'.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Lastly, there is another WoWP2.0 giveaway running use this referral link to get me some extra cracks at a prize while having a chance to win yourself.

https://wn.nr/rdxL2M

You can use this link to stay up to date for codes and contests related to the game:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofWarplan ... _contests/
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

The French SE-100 Heavy Fighter is a really fun premium.