Moderator: Edi

mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Japan's latest weapon against STDs... Sailor Moon

Post by mr friendly guy »

https://video.vice.com/en_ca/video/japa ... 7a32f9172f
Japan is using Sailor Moon to raise awareness about syphilis
The numbers are in. STDs in the USA are at an all-time high. The Center for Disease Control says that more that 2 million cases of chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis were diagnosed in 2016. This isn’t just a domestic problem – Japan has been experiencing similar troubles with STDs. Syphilis infections have been skyrocketing, particularly among young women. But the Japanese government has an ace up its sleeve – Sailor Moon. Or, at least, that’s what they’re hoping. Late last year, they rolled out an extensive campaign with Sailor Moon’s face printed on flyers and condoms, in hopes that nostalgia will entice young women to get tested.

Ok, lets sing it.

Fighting syphilis by moonlight
Winning love by daylight
Never running from a real fight
She is the one named Sailor Moon

On behalf of the moon, I will punish you syphilis.

Sorry, did I just wreck someone's childhood memories. :D
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Re: Japan's latest weapon against STDs... Sailor Moon

Post by Sidewinder »

Hilarious.
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

If by "wreck" you meant "made exponentially better..."

Wait, Sailor Moon is nostalgia now? Where did my life go!?

[observes a glass of whiskey and a naked young redhead in the room] Oh. Right.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

Raw Shark wrote: 2017-10-13 12:23pmWait, Sailor Moon is nostalgia now? Where did my life go!?
Man, I remember being like 9 or 10, waking up at 5am on weekdays just to get a taste of this japanime stuff.

Aside from some bootleg Robotech VHS tapes my brother had, Sailor Moon was my entrance to the insanity of anime. Like my parents were going to waste money on imported Japanese cartoons. Holy shit, the original theme is still rattling around in my head.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

I've never been with a Japanese girl, all efforts aside. I've been with a Filipina who had an amazing sense of humor who makes me wish there was an afterlife, a Chinese-American woman, a Thai, an American who lived in Tokyo for three years, but Japan... [shrug] got nothin'.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker