OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Thanas
Magister
Magister

2017 NFL season

Post by Thanas »

...is here and it is GLORIOUS.

Holy fucking shit the patriots got roasted so hard in their own stadium. They let a fucking rookie break the yardage record against their defence in hiss first game in the league. After he fumbled.

Also those fair weather fans. You are less than a year removed from an SB win and your fans can't even stay until the last four minutes of the game.

LOLPATS.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
houser2112
Padawan Learner

Re: 2017 NFL season

Post by houser2112 »

Despite wagering very high on the Pats in the pick'em league I belong to, I was very happy to wake up to the news that they had lost. It was indeed glorious.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Yeah, that was harsh.

I'm once again in fantasy football, and I'm holding Kaepernick on my bench hoping someone comes to their senses and hires the guy.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Raiders are 2-0 and Lynch is back in full #BEASTMODE.

XXXI
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

I guess Joe Flacco handles jetlag really, really poorly.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Alferd Packer wrote: 2017-09-26 11:48am I guess Joe Flacco handles jetlag really, really poorly.
Think it is more Yanda missing but yeah, shitty game all around.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

What the fucking shit Cam Newton?

Starts at ~6:50.

"It's funny to hear a female talk about routes." - Sexist asshole who happens to be good at throwing a handegg around
------------
------------
My LPs
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Kiko Alonso tries to kill Joe Flacco, somehow doesn't get ejected.

Also, I really like Tony Romo calling games. He was pissed and not hiding it very well. Much better than the usual robotic commentary we get from NFL broadcasters.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Alferd Packer wrote: 2017-10-27 09:27amAlso, I really like Tony Romo calling games. He was pissed and not hiding it very well. Much better than the usual robotic commentary we get from NFL broadcasters.
Yeah, I hope they keep him on, and even try to find more guys like him.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Alferd Packer wrote: 2017-10-27 09:27am Kiko Alonso tries to kill Joe Flacco, somehow doesn't get ejected.

Also, I really like Tony Romo calling games. He was pissed and not hiding it very well. Much better than the usual robotic commentary we get from NFL broadcasters.
Yeah, he was surprisingly good. I always enjoyed watching him get injured, so everyone tell me how great I am for hoping he got to the broadcast booth sooner. :twisted: :mrgreen:
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

That Seahawks game. I only managed to catch the 4th quarter but when I went to get a stream of the game running the score was 27-24 in the Seahawks favor and when the stream came back from commercial it was 27-31 against them. 21 more 4th quarter points; including a 72 yard reception by DeAndre Hopkinsfor a TD, a pick by the Texans with Seattle was down by 4 just before the 2-minute warning, and finally, a Seahawks TD when the Texans turned over the ball after being unable to keep a drive going to kill the clock. What a wild ride that game was.