Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2 *spoilers*

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2 *spoilers*

Post by K. A. Pital »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:The humor was also cleverer than just Star Loyd's Space Seth Rogen impersonation (that got old fast) in the first one.
Yes, very much so.

Though I felt like huge swaths of the younger audience were left scratching their heads towards the end of the film.

Well, screw them! :D For not knowing about David Hasselhoff and dat car. [/ageist]
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Bonus in-joke: The car that Ego is driving in the opening is a Pontiac Firebird.

Which is what KITT is the 1982 model of.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

Can someone with more in-depth knowledge of the source material explain who Stallone/Starhawk's Ravager teammates were that he re-united with at the end of the film? There's probably a greater meaning there that I'm just not seeing.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

EnterpriseSovereign wrote:Can someone with more in-depth knowledge of the source material explain who Stallone/Starhawk's Ravager teammates were that he re-united with at the end of the film? There's probably a greater meaning there that I'm just not seeing.
Wikipedia or possible TV Tropes I forget where I read it has them down as the original Guardian of the Galaxy team from the comic books.
Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man »

Crazedwraith wrote:
EnterpriseSovereign wrote:Can someone with more in-depth knowledge of the source material explain who Stallone/Starhawk's Ravager teammates were that he re-united with at the end of the film? There's probably a greater meaning there that I'm just not seeing.
Wikipedia or possible TV Tropes I forget where I read it has them down as the original Guardian of the Galaxy team from the comic books.
There is an interview with Feige and Gunn that confirms who they are (lots of spoilers, obviously)

Most are the original Guardians, though even the ones who aren't are associated with the Guardians in some way. Stallone is Starhawk, Michelle Yeoh is Aleta Ogord (the female Starhawk), Ving Rhames is Charlie-27, the crystal guy (played by Michael Rosenbaum) is Martinex, the red guy is Krugarr, and the robot is Mainframe (and voiced by Miley Cyrus).
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

This was a middling film made of some fun components.

That said, I loved the eighties references, and having Stallone was just brilliant.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Just came back from seeing it an hour ago.
Fun, that's the movie in a single word. Every few minutes another fun thing happens, some the trailer gave away but seeing things I felt nothing but man this is a good old fun time.

Wish the end fight had shown more than one dose of creativity/joke at the end because otherwise aside from a certain someone's heel turn I enjoyed most parts of the movie a great deal.

And here's to you second in command guy, I'm glad your sticking around.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton