Star TreK: Next Gen (Again)

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

JamesStaley
Youngling

Star TreK: Next Gen (Again)

Post by JamesStaley »

Thanks to the Moore Public Library in Moore, Oklahoma, I am able to watch Star Trek: Next Generation again. So far, I am up to the 4th season. I'm trying to watch every episode of every season, but a some DVD's have been defective or had problems playing, so I've missed a few episodes here & there.

Can someone tell me what is the episode name and what season where Data gets Spot the cat?
And when did Worf have a son? (Season and episode name).

Thanks for the assistance.JS
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Re: Star TreK: Next Gen (Again)

Post by Batman »

We don't know when Data gets Spot far as I can tell. The first episode Spot appears in is 'Data's Day' ,s04e11.
Alexander (that being the boy's name) was very likely sired in s2e20, 'Emissary', and first showed up in s4e7, 'Reunion'
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
JamesStaley
Youngling

Post by JamesStaley »

I remember Data's Day, and vaguely parts of Emissary so i'll have to check that one out again.
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

I'll never forgive Spot for eating Livingston :P
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Prometheus Unbound
Jedi Master

Post by Prometheus Unbound »

Tribble wrote:I'll never forgive Spot for eating Livingston :P
When did he do that?

Livingston survived Generations and was in Star Trek First Contact...
NecronLord wrote:
Also, shorten your signature a couple of lines please.
Khaat
Jedi Master

Post by Khaat »

Memory Alpha wrote:Writer Ronald D. Moore has been asked if Livingston had survived the crash in Generations on at least two occasions, and has given different answers. Initially, Moore claimed that he had survived the crash and was now living comfortably in the Starfleet Pet Retirement Home. (AOL chat, 1998) However, Moore later suggested that the fish was eaten by Data's cat Spot by commenting "Spot had to eat something in those long hours before Data found him." (AOL chat, 1998)
Rule #1: Believe the autocrat. He means what he says.
Rule #2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule #3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule #4: Be outraged.
Rule #5: Don’t make compromises.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

A little bit of fanon in other words...

I keep thinking when I see this title that it's about rebooting TNG.

I have to wonder how Bryan Cranston might do as a reboot-Picard. He already pulled off the bald noggin once and has done television work...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Prometheus Unbound
Jedi Master

Khaat wrote:
Memory Alpha wrote:Writer Ronald D. Moore has been asked if Livingston had survived the crash in Generations on at least two occasions, and has given different answers. Initially, Moore claimed that he had survived the crash and was now living comfortably in the Starfleet Pet Retirement Home. (AOL chat, 1998) However, Moore later suggested that the fish was eaten by Data's cat Spot by commenting "Spot had to eat something in those long hours before Data found him." (AOL chat, 1998)
But he was in stfc...
NecronLord wrote:
Khaat
Jedi Master

Post by Khaat »

Even the self-styled "Word of God" folks get it wrong. ("HERESY!" :lol: )
IMDB Trivia wrote:Sir Patrick Stewart and Brent Spiner hated their characters' pets (the fish Livingston, and cat Spot). Stewart objected to the idea of keeping any life form in captivity, since the series argued for the freedom of every species. In fact, Ronny Cox agreed with him, and to "throw a bone" to Stewart, his character orders Livingston gone, when he takes command of the ship. Alternatively, Spiner just doesn't like cats.
Rule #1: Believe the autocrat. He means what he says.
Rule #2: Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.
Rule #3: Institutions will not save you.
Rule #4: Be outraged.
Rule #5: Don’t make compromises.
Prometheus Unbound
Jedi Master

I suppose Picard could have got a new one...
NecronLord wrote: