Democrats now demonize Obama's Russia policies

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Re: Democrats now demonize Obama's Russia policies

Post by Flagg »

Wasn't Trump the standard bearer for the "birther movement", probably one of the most offensive and easily disproven conspiracy theories since the 9/11 "truther/loose change" bullshit? And unlike this conspiracy Vympel is talking about, it actually got serious air time on serious news channels, to the point that there are still people who believe it.

Granted, I'm not exactly watching the "garbage in, garbage out" 24/7 cable news so maybe some idiot didn't cut off a guest bringing it up soon enough, but even the conspiracy laden bullshit emails I keep unsubscribing from don't get into it or even mention it.

Am I missing something? Because there would be whole segments of news shows 6 or 7 years ago about the "Obama was born in Kenya" shit.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Flagg wrote:Wasn't Trump the standard bearer for the "birther movement", probably one of the most offensive and easily disproven conspiracy theories since the 9/11 "truther/loose change" bullshit? And unlike this conspiracy Vympel is talking about, it actually got serious air time on serious news channels, to the point that there are still people who believe it.

Granted, I'm not exactly watching the "garbage in, garbage out" 24/7 cable news so maybe some idiot didn't cut off a guest bringing it up soon enough, but even the conspiracy laden bullshit emails I keep unsubscribing from don't get into it or even mention it.

Am I missing something? Because there would be whole segments of news shows 6 or 7 years ago about the "Obama was born in Kenya" shit.
That sort of stupid shit was spread on Fox News, yes. Does that exculpate MSNBC and CNN for doing the exact same thing? I thought Democrats were smarter and more rational than Republicans?
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Re: Democrats now demonize Obama's Russia policies.

Post by Flagg »

Vympel wrote:
Flagg wrote:Wasn't Trump the standard bearer for the "birther movement", probably one of the most offensive and easily disproven conspiracy theories since the 9/11 "truther/loose change" bullshit? And unlike this conspiracy Vympel is talking about, it actually got serious air time on serious news channels, to the point that there are still people who believe it.

That sort of stupid shit was spread on Fox News, yes. Does that exculpate MSNBC and CNN for doing the exact same thing? I thought Democrats were smarter and more rational than Republicans?
MSNBC and CNN covered the birther movement, with CNN (of the era, I don't know if they have moved more to the right, leftovers or tied themselves to the mainmast of centrism they've been at since at least 2000. From what I've seen on MSNBC the few times I've seen it, they are pretty much corporate democrat, so the norm.

And I'm not defending the corporate news networks, just pointing out that this isn't new shit.,
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Flagg wrote: MSNBC and CNN covered the birther movement, with CNN (of the era, I don't know if they have moved more to the right, leftovers or tied themselves to the mainmast of centrism they've been at since at least 2000. From what I've seen on MSNBC the few times I've seen it, they are pretty much corporate democrat, so the norm.

And I'm not defending the corporate news networks, just pointing out that this isn't new shit.,
Fair enough, I just recall from the times i saw MSNBC and CNN when they covered the Birfers (think Orly Taitz, the Birfer Queen) that they did so with utter ridicule, to make fun of them.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Vympel wrote:
Flagg wrote: MSNBC and CNN covered the birther movement, with CNN (of the era, I don't know if they have moved more to the right, leftovers or tied themselves to the mainmast of centrism they've been at since at least 2000. From what I've seen on MSNBC the few times I've seen it, they are pretty much corporate democrat, so the norm.

Fair enough, I just recall from the times i saw MSNBC and CNN when they covered the Birfers (think Orly Taitz, the Birfer Queen) that they did so with utter ridicule, to make fun of them.
I remember MSNBC ridiculing them, but it was with facts. I watched far less of CNN because I'd rather be given a rectal exam by Freddy Krueger than watch more than a few hours of CNN, and they would do the "Birthers say this, People with facts opposing the Birthers say this, we assume one of them is true but we won't call facts, facts, because fuck journalistic integrity!"
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

This whole russia thing is really getting out of hand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTsch129Zwg
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

His Divine Shadow wrote:This whole russia thing is really getting out of hand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTsch129Zwg
Hey! Another Jimmy Dore fan :)
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Yeah I like him because he doesn't pull punches just because people might be on the left. If you're full of shit you will hear it.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.