Germany is now Nazi and sponsoring terrorism

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Germany is now Nazi and sponsoring terrorism

Post by Thanas »

....according to Erdogan.
The Turkish president, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, has lashed out at Germany for blocking several rallies on its soil in the run-up to a referendum in Turkey in April, likening its stance to Nazi practices.

“Your practices are not different from the Nazi practices of the past,” Erdogan said of Germany at a women’s rally in Istanbul ahead of the referendum on changes to the constitution that would boost his powers as president.

“I thought it’s been a long time since Germany left [Nazi practices]. We are mistaken,” he added.

Last week federal authorities in two German states withdrew permission for political rallies targeted at Turkish residents in Germany amid growing public outrage over Ankara’s arrest of a Turkish-German journalist.

Authorities in Cologne, in North-Rhine Westphalia, and Gaggenau, in Baden-Württemberg. cited security concerns for the rallies’ cancellation. An appearance at a Cologne hotel by Turkey’s minister for the economy, Nihat Zeybekci, was scheduled to go ahead with increased police security.

Angela Merkel had rejected calls for a general ban on Erdoğan or his minister campaigning in Germany last week, with her spokesperson arguing that it was important to respect freedom of speech.

The cancellations have infuriated the Turkish government, which accused Berlin of working against the “yes” campaign in the referendum and summoned the German ambassador to the foreign ministry in protest.

“You will lecture us about democracy and then you will not let this country’s ministers speak there,” said an angry Erdoğan, adding that Germany was not “respecting opinion and thought”.

Some German politicians criticised Erdoğan‘s Nazi comparison. The Green MP Volker Beck, who was arrested at a gay pride event in Istanbul in June 2016, tweeted: “Now he [Erdoğan] has lost it.”

Merkel called Binali Yıldırım, Turkey’s prime minister, on Saturday to try to defuse the row, and the two countries’ foreign ministers are due to meet in Germany on Wednesday.

In an op-ed in Bild am Sonntag newspaper, Germany’s foreign minister, Sigmar Gabriel, described the war of words as a “difficult stress test” and warned that “the basis for friendship between our two countries must not be allowed to be destroyed”.

Relations between Turkey and Germany lurched into crisis after the arrest last week of Deniz Yücel, a correspondent for Die Welt, pending a trial on charges of propaganda and incitement to hatred. Erdoğan claimed the journalist was a German spy and a representative of the outlawed Kurdish rebel group PKK.

Erdoğan accused Berlin of harbouring him for a month at the German consulate in Istanbul before agreeing to hand him over to authorities. “They need to be put on trial for aiding and abetting terrorism,” Erdoğan said during a speech on Friday.
And because bellends usually come in pairs....
Bozdağ urged Germany, which is home to a Turkish diaspora of an estimated 1.4 million people, to take a look at its own history, suggesting he was facing discriminated on racial grounds. “Let them look back at their history,” Bozdağ said in a speech. “We see the old illnesses flaring up.”

He was speaking just hours after the town hall in Gaggenau where his rally would have taken place was evacuated over a bomb threat.

Bozdağ said Germany had become a hiding ground for everyone opposed to Erdoğan’s regime. “Germany today has become a shelter for all those who commit crimes against Turkey, the PKK, Feto, DHKP-C members. Those who carried out the coup and everyone who commits crimes against Turkey have fled there,” he said.

Turkish politicians hope to rally the support of Turks in Germanybefore the referendum next month to increase Erdoğan’s power. The proposals include allowing the president to abolish the post of prime minister, appoint more judges and extend his time in office.

The rejections have prompted Ankara to accuse the German government of trying to hinder Erdoğan’s attempts at constitutional reform. The Turkish foreign minister, Mevlüt Çavuşogğlu, accused the government of Angela Merkel of deliberately trying to “prevent Turkey from becoming strong”.

Çavuşoğlu summoned Germany’s ambassador in Ankara, Martin Erdmann, to the ministry on Thursday, demanding an explanation for the cancellation of Bozdağ’s speech.

On Sunday, the city of Cologne rejected a request by the Turkish economy minister, Nihat Zeybekci, to give a speech and it emerged on Friday that another planned appearance by the minister in the town of Frechen had been cancelled by local authorities. There have been widespread reports that Erdoğan, who has campaigned in Germany before, was also planning a political rally in the country.

In Gaggenau, authorities cancelled Bozdağ’s rally on security grounds on Thursday. Authorities cited a lack of space in the car park. Police then received an anonymous phone call which they said was made by a caller warning of a bomb threat in revenge for the cancellation.

No evidence of an actual bomb had been uncovered by Friday afternoon. Authorities said they believed the threat was a hoax but one they had treated seriously.

Gökay Sofuoğlu, chair of the Turkish community in Germany, warned against an escalation of the tensions. He told the radio broadcaster RBB that the Turkish government was exploiting the rejections, particularly that of Bozdağ, for its own means. “It wants to increase its vote among the Turks living in Germany, by presenting Germany as both the new and old bogeyman,” Sofuoğlu said.

Poor Turks, ruled by such people.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Re: Germany is now Nazi and sponsoring terrorism

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

What a hypocritical fuckface Receipt Eragon is.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

I guess I better cancel my holiday to Germany now. :roll:
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Well, he knows all about fascism. Isn't Hitler one of his role models?

What a hypocritical bastard.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Turkey is a look at the kind of government we Americans might end up with soon if Trump is not obstructed and removed from office.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Free speech is allowed in Germany so although bitter, maybe it should be allowed to let Turkish politicians fish for some votes. Germany isn't a proto-islamist dictatorship like Turkey after all.

I do have ethical problems with allowing people to vote for elections in a country they do not live in though
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

wautd wrote:Free speech is allowed in Germany so although bitter, maybe it should be allowed to let Turkish politicians fish for some votes. Germany isn't a proto-islamist dictatorship like Turkey after all.

I do have ethical problems with allowing people to vote for elections in a country they do not live in though
And speaking as a duel citizen of the US and Canada who is effected, to at least some degree, by US politics weather I live their or not, who cares about both my countries and holds very dear his right to vote in US elections despite currently living in Canada, I have ethical problems with denying the vote to any citizen of a country, regardless of where they reside. Especially in the interconnected world of rapid global communications in which we live.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

The Romulan Republic wrote:
wautd wrote:Free speech is allowed in Germany so although bitter, maybe it should be allowed to let Turkish politicians fish for some votes. Germany isn't a proto-islamist dictatorship like Turkey after all.

And speaking as a duel citizen of the US and Canada who is effected, to at least some degree, by US politics weather I live their or not, who cares about both my countries and holds very dear his right to vote in US elections despite currently living in Canada, I have ethical problems with denying the vote to any citizen of a country, regardless of where they reside. Especially in the interconnected world of rapid global communications in which we live.
Well I see your point but then everyone should be allowed to vote. A German has no vote in Turkey. But German of Turkish decent who lived in Germany his whole live can. See my problem?
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

I suppose then the question is where the cut-off should be in terms of how far back you are descended from the country in question.

Now, in my case, I was born in Canada, but lived in the US for many years and had a parent who was born in the United States. I am not very far removed from the United States, in that sense.

But because under US law you are automatically qualified to be a US citizen if one of your parents is an American, as I understand it, if I were to have a child, they also would be a US citizen, as would any child they had, and so on. Even if none of them ever lived in the United States.

Its an interesting question.

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

I myself have no problem with allowing Turkish people who have German citizenship to vote in Germany, what I do have a problem with is fascist state propaganda being visited upon them with costs borne by the German and Turkish-German taxpayer.

Just because Turk-Germans are the fourth-biggest voting bloc in Turkish elections does not give Erdogan and his ilk to run his falsehoods all over German cities.

But Turk-Germans should not lose their democratic rights just because economic pressure forced them to move towards Germany, that is not how we treat minorities.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

That seems fair to me.

wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Remember Erdolf sueing a German comedian because according to a German law its illegal to insult heads of state? Well, turns out that campaigning abroad is illegal according to Turkish law.
Turkish law prohibits campaigning abroad - as row with Europe deepens

Shabtai Gold, Can Merey and Linda Say Mar 9, 2017
© Boris Roessler/dpa
Tweet
Get Link
Istanbul/Berlin (dpa) - Turkish law prohibits election campaigning outside the country.

Despite this, the Turkish government has become deeply enmeshed in a battle with European countries, especially Germany, over bans on rallies in several towns.

The government is trying to woo voters abroad for the upcoming referendum on expanding President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's powers. Millions of people of Turkish descent live in Europe.

The relevant section of the law is Article 94/A of the general election law, which explicitly bans campaigning abroad or in foreign diplomatic missions.

Mehmet Hadimi Yakupoglu, who is part of the election commission from the opposition People's Republican Party (CHP), confirmed that the ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) enacted the administrative provision in 2008. Most major parties violate the rule.

The row with Berlin has deteriorated to the point where Erdogan charged that Germany was engaging in "Nazi practices." Another minister from the Islamic-conservative AKP denounced "fascism."

Turkey's Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu held a rally with supporters in Hamburg on Wednesday evening. The poster for the event featured a campaign slogan - "our decision is yes" - and the party logo. People in the crowd held "yes" signs.

The event was held at the residence of the Turkish Consulate General, raising further questions. Cavusoglu has insisted he was merely addressing the Turkish community in Germany. His speech was about the government's ongoing referendum campaign.

About 1.4 million Turks in Germany alone are eligible to vote in the referendum on April 16.

The Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE), which observed the last parliamentary election in Turkey, in November 2015, noted it was "legally prohibited" to campaign outside the country and doing so was an "administrative violation."

The OSCE noted this rule was violated by three parties - including the AKP and CHP - and a fourth party lodged a complaint to the election commission, but this was rejected, though the arbitrators "did not provide sound legal reasoning."

The head of the AKP election campaign abroad, Mustafa Yeneroglu, a member of parliament, declined to comment on the law. He recently complained that his party was being systemically denied the chance to appear abroad while the opposition was being helped.

The Turkish election commission published a decision expanding on the general election law and relevant to the referendum on February 15, confirming that propaganda abroad or at border crossings were not permitted.

Sezgin Tanrikulu, a member of Turkish parliament from the CHP, told dpa that indeed the law banned campaigning abroad, but noted that no criminal liability is attached to the provision. Rather it is a "moral obligation."

"If the German authorities do not want to host Turkish events, they can argue that foreign campaigning is prohibited," said Tanrikulu, a lawyer by training.

If approved in the April referendum, the constitutional amendments would vastly empower the presidency, including new abilities to issue decree.

Critics say it would weaken checks and balances - including the role of parliament and the independence of the judiciary.

Turkey is currently under a strict state of emergency, since a coup attempt by a faction in the military last year.

Members of opposition to the referendum often complain they struggle to organize rallies and are denied a fair distribution of air-time on the state-run broadcaster and even private channels.

More than 140 journalists are currently jailed and dozens of media outlets have been shuttered since the coup attempt.

Erdogan and his supporters say the constitutional changes will bring stability. He often insists terrorist organizations are rallying a "no" campaign.
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

The Dutch are also Nazis now:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/m ... turkish-mp
The Turkish president has branded the Netherlands “Nazi remnants” and “fascists” after one of his ministers was barred from entering the country in an escalating row over a cancelled rally in Rotterdam.

Recep Tayyip Erdoğan made his comments on Saturday after the Dutch government withdrew permission for his foreign minister to land there for a planned visit.

Rotterdam city authorities withdrew permission on Friday for Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu to attend a meeting of the Turkish community to rally support for Erdoğan’s plans to extend his powers. The plans are to be voted on in a referendum in Turkey next month.

Several other European cities have banned Turkish officials from attending such meetings aimed at expats who are allowed to vote in the referendum.

The Dutch prime minister, Mark Rutte, announced in a statement on Facebook that the plane carrying Çavuşoğlu had been barred from landing.

The Dutch vote on Wednesday in national elections, the campaigning for which has featured anti-immigration sentiment, and there are concerns Çavuşoğlu’s presence could disrupt public order.

Speaking at a rally in Istanbul, Erdoğan said of the Dutch government: “They do not know politics or international diplomacy … these Nazi remnants, they are fascists,” as the crowd booed in response.

Rutte said Turkey’s call for a large rally in Rotterdam had derailed discussions about whether Çavuşoğlu could enter the country. A threat of sanctions from Turkey if Çavuşoğlu were denied entry “made a reasonable solution impossible”, he said.

Çavuşoğlu said on Saturday he would fly to the Netherlands despite the rally being cancelled. He said he was expected to appear at the Turkish consulate, as he had done when authorities in Hamburg banned him from speaking at a rally in the German city last week.

“If my going will increase tensions, let it be,” he told CNN Turk. “What damage will my going have on them? I am a foreign minister and I can go wherever I want.”

Rutte said that while the Netherlands and Turkey could try to find “an acceptable solution”, Turkey was not respecting the rules relating to public gatherings.

“Many Dutch people with a Turkish background are authorised to vote in the referendum over the Turkish constitution. The Dutch government does not have any protest against gatherings in our country to inform them about it,” he said.

“But these gatherings may not contribute to tensions in our society and everyone who wants to hold a gathering is obliged to follow instructions of those in authority so that public order and safety can be guaranteed.”

Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu, the leader of Turkey’s main opposition party, criticised the Dutch decision. “This is not correct,” he said. “Those who defend democracy would not do such things. You’ll call yourself a democrat and then not permit the flight of a minister of the Turkish republic?”
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

At this point being called a Nazi by Erdogan should be one prints on his CV under "accomplishments".
------------
------------
My LPs
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Maybe he's confused with the number of Grey Wolves living abroad

Speaking of nazi practices, meanwhile in SyriaEast Turkey
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

In protest against the Netherlands, some Turk activists burnt a .... wait for it.... a French flag.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uDyMhXz32I

Don't you know, all European flags look alike. :D
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

And Erdogan is still hysterically insulting the Netherlands. According his alternative history it were the dutch who were to blame for the Srebrenica massacre. I think the guy finally lost it and gone mad.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Erdogan is behaving like some small-minded city council member who thinks his way of bullying works on the global scale.
------------
------------
My LPs
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Thanas wrote:Erdogan is behaving like some small-minded city council member who thinks his way of bullying works on the global scale.
No, he's behaving like a tinpot dictator, which he actually also is.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

Assalti Frontali
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Yes, its another sighting of the increasingly common invasive organism Microphallus Presidensis.

Can we just boot this wanker from NATO already? Mind you, the way things are going, we're going to have to boot the US too, to be consistent. ;)

wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Worst thing is, behaving like an irrational 12-year old seems to work these days.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Turkey's foreign minister just threatened Europe with religious wars.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... nde-merkel

But Turkey’s foreign minister, Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu, has continued his government’s harsh criticism of the Dutch. Çavuşoğlu told a campaign event in Antalya that there was no difference between the far-right populist Geert Wilders and other Dutch politicians. “The fascist Wilders and the social democrats are birds of a feather,” he said.

“They all have the same mentality. And this mentality will lead Europe to the brink. Soon there could be and will be religious wars starting in Europe.”

Europe needed to stop lecturing Turkey, Çavuşoğlu said, because “it is Turkey that commands”.
I say we should cut the funding and think about sanctions.
------------
------------
My LPs
AMX
Jedi Knight

Post by AMX »

The Romulan Republic wrote:Can we just boot this wanker from NATO already?
On that note, apparently Turkey is sabotaging NATO PfP projects in order to hurt Austria.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

I get that NATO doesn't want to lose a strategic ally here, but seriously, at what point do they become such a liability that they no longer qualify as an ally? Especially when, as Thanas noted, they're threatening their supposed "allies"?

K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Turkey actually threatened Europe with jihad... and expects this to make things better? :lol:

If anything, Wilders and Erdogan must god damn kiss each other. And fall in love. Now.

Assalti Frontali