Kill Six Billion Demons

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Q99
Jedi Council Member

Kill Six Billion Demons

Post by Q99 »

Kill Six Billion Demons is a fantasy webcomic.

It is very good! It takes place in a Hindu-inspired mythology, starring Allison, who somehow got a Key of Kings, the makers of gates between worlds, stuck in her forehead, and ended up in Throne, the capital of the multiverse, built upon 777,777 dead gods, and where she meets an angel, 52 White Chain, who initially thinks her a thief.

It's really fantastic stuff and, if you know the game Exalted? It's what Exalted wants to be.

We got any other KSBD readers here? ^^
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Re: Kill Six Billion Demons

Post by madd0ct0r »

I've read it. Is it still live?
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

I read it and yes, it still lives.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

It updated just this weekend in fact, typically two to three updates a week, depending on various factors.

There's even a physical book of the first couple of chapters if you prefer your comics in print media too.
This odyssey, this, exodus. Do we journey toward the promised land, or into the valley of the kings? Three decades ago I envisioned a new future for our species, and now that we are on the brink of realizing my dream, I feel only solitude, and regret. Has my entire life's work been a fool's crusade? Have I led my people into this desert, only to die?
-Admiral Aken Bosch, Supreme Commander of the Neo-Terran Front, NTF Iceni, 2367
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Oh yes, and the latest update is incredible :) Cio's chronicling skills are impressive.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Wow, we get to see old-Cio. Black Devils are not ones to mess with...
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

I just read through the entire thing and I really have to applaud the creativity and immense detail of all the drawings, the background and sense of depth created.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Ok, so, David Bowie. So much David Bowie!
The_Saint
Jedi Knight

Post by The_Saint »

It's ... it's like a bastard child of 'The Waking Engine', 'Shiva 3000' and anything by 'China Mieville' ... it's beautiful.
All people are equal but some people are more equal than others.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Speaking of beautiful, this is some spread
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

Yeah, the last two pages are insane in terms of detail.

Looks like the girls have gone out shopping and someone is bitter that they got relegated to bag-carrying detail.
Also, what is with Cio's tail? Has it always been like that? I get the impression that it matches her expression of battlement somehow. Or that it may even be a sign of arousal?
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

What's with their reactions to Allison?
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

She just got stabbed lots in her arms. She shouldn't be up, so they are surprised she's out (oh, hey, who's guarding the ship?). I don't get Cio's level of reaction though.

Also, where did they get money?
Credo!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Cio's probably not poor.

Right, Allison healed all her horrible wounds!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

I like the story (closest stories in terms of concept would probably be the China Mieville ones, which I also really like), just hope it gets finished by the author because these type of detailed drawings tend to drain those making them. I think it was GUNNM the manga that was so exquisitely drawn, the author had to stop and prematurely end it, because it was crazy hard. It also takes ages to complete such epic stories (just look at Berserk)...
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

I think Cio's also a bit embarrassed to have been caught out shopping.
K. A. Pital wrote:I like the story (closest stories in terms of concept would probably be the China Mieville ones, which I also really like), just hope it gets finished by the author because these type of detailed drawings tend to drain those making them. I think it was GUNNM the manga that was so exquisitely drawn, the author had to stop and prematurely end it, because it was crazy hard. It also takes ages to complete such epic stories (just look at Berserk)...
Gunnm ended because Yukito Kishiro got really sick- when he recovered he returned to it and has made a lot more since (Gunnm: Mars Chronicles is currently ongoing).

It does help that KSBD has a planned arc and isn't intended to be all that long. Five parts, iirc.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

I love Badstar and Oscar's pants are wonderful.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

There is always something to be said for straightforward labeling: "evil" and "bad man". The kids know what to look out for.
Credo!