Merry Christmas SDN - 2016

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Merry Christmas SDN - 2016

Post by Iroscato »

As this year draws its last, venomous breath, I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays <3
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Re: Merry Christmas SDN - 2016

Post by General Zod »

Bah humbug.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy Hanukkah (it falls right on Christmas this year, actually).
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

Seasonally and spiritually appropriate greetings for all! And you atheists have a wonderful day, too!
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Dartzap
Sith Acolyte

Post by Dartzap »

Anyone actually feeling it this year? Even my usually obnixiously cheery chums have been despondent.
EBC: Northeners, Huh! What are they good for?! Absolutely nothing! :P

Cybertron, Justice league...MM, HAB SDN City Watch: Sergeant Detritus

Days Unstabbed, Unabused, Unassualted and Unwavedatwithabutchersknife: 0
Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Post by Broomstick »

I'm faking it like a cougar desperate for a sugar daddy. Not much to cheer about at my household this year.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Its not too hard to feel some cheer for me, as long as I avoid the news.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

I got my first ever Christmas card this year, so I'm rather happy.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

I'm an atheist myself, but the 25th went okay for me. If I had to choose a religion, I'd be a Jew. I like the food.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Raw Shark wrote:I'm an atheist myself, but the 25th went okay for me. If I had to choose a religion, I'd be a Jew. I like the food.
Rugelach is too excellent for its own good.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

General Zod wrote:
Raw Shark wrote:I'm an atheist myself, but the 25th went okay for me. If I had to choose a religion, I'd be a Jew. I like the food.
Isn't that basically some European food that Jews adopted?
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Bernkastel
Padawan Learner

Post by Bernkastel »

Apart from having one person at the Christmas dinner who seemed set on diverting the conversation towards how he hates various groups, it went well for me. While most of my gifts were the typical "we have no idea what to get you" kind of things, I had some fun items to open and did get a fair amount of Christmas money.
My Fanfics - I write gay fanfics. Reviews/Feedback will always be greatly appreciated.
My Ko-Fi Page - Currently Seeking Aid with moving home
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

My family's Christmas was fairly sad; our eldest dog passed away ten days prior, and she always loved Christmas, so it was less of a celebration this year and more of a funeral for us.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Ace Pace wrote:
General Zod wrote:
Isn't that basically some European food that Jews adopted?
Could be but its for sale in all the Jewish food stores in New York.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

General Zod wrote:Could be but its for sale in all the Jewish food stores in New York.
Of course, damn near everything in New York originated in Europe.

We have a Jewish deli chain here in sunny Denver called Zaidy's. The have egg creams, lox and cream cheese on bagels, kugel, gifeltefish, Pastrami - the whole nine yards. I drove the owner and a waitress home one time, and asked them, "Hey, isn't that Yiddish for Grandpa's?" The waitress told me no in a tone of utter contempt, like I have no idea what I'm talking about, and the owner was like, "Yeah, that's actually it."

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker