Alien: Covenant Trailer

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

applejack
Padawan Learner

Alien: Covenant Trailer

Post by applejack »

Looks like Ridley Scott dropped a Christmas gift on us.

Dear Lord, the gods have been good to me. As an offering, I present these milk and cookies. If you wish me to eat them instead, please give me no sign whatsoever *pauses* Thy will be done *munch munch munch*. - Homer Simpson
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Re: Alien: Covenant Trailer

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

What, a half-Alien half-Prometheus? Come on...
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:What, a half-Alien half-Prometheus? Come on...
I was just thinking that. So they have to deal with a xenomorph and an infection at the same time? I wonder which one will win in a fight?
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Xeno-AIDSbola virus molecules facehugging white blood cells and more AIDSbolas chestburstering out of the cytoplasms.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Not really feeling this one tbh. I loved Prometheus despite the silly elements, but this ain't really grabbing me.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Post by Joun_Lord »

Meh. I didn't enjoy Prometheus. It had some interesting concepts but the movie felt so darn messy, the plot, the editing, the concept, the characters, messy. The Space Jockeys were a disappointment, not even like Prequels disappointment where they could never live up to fan hype but just a total disappointment considering all they were are giant pale Mark Strongs and are actually human (or we are actually Space Jockeys). Didn't connect with any of the characters, didn't find any really interesting beyond the freaking robot and thats more of a credit to Magneto's acting then anything else. Much of the crew of the ship seemed to just be there to pad out sex zombies kill count and thats about it. And they were dumb, running in a straight line from a rolling ship and trying to jerk off an alien vagina snake dumb.

The movie tried too hard to be an Alien movie without being an Alien movie. Wanted an isolated crew, wanted danger from some sneaky threat, wanted flamethrowers, wanted a strong female lead, wanted a xenomorph and just kinda dropped the ball, didn't have what made Alien and Aliens work. If it had tried to do its own thing (and maybe didn't waste Furiosa and Heimdall) or tried to be a proper Alien prequel it might have worked better.

They seem to in this one be trying to make it a proper Alien movie, even throwing it in the title, but I dunno, I'll probably see it eventually but not excited for it.

At the very least all the rule 34 from the creatures that show up should be.......interesting.
PREDATOR490
Jedi Council Member

Post by PREDATOR490 »

At this point I refuse to consider this or Prometheus as part of the Alien Franchise. At best, it is a hilariously awful attempt at using the original Franchise as a host for this pathetic new franchise.

Alien began and ended with Ripley - They made damn sure of this
Further films barely meet the "Inspired by" fanfic criteria.

Frankly, the only way I see the Alien Franchise being salvageable is if they completely hose all this bullshit and start over. I.E Get the damn story straight and fucking tell it.
As it is, the story behind aliens has been shredded through the massive delay and completely screwed up aspect of where these new films are trying to go.

I fully expect this to be a string of stupid horror scenes framed in the trapping of some sort of epic dramatic shit like Prometheus had. I feel like this franchise has literally become bi-polar in its out look of what it expects from the audience. You want the viewers to consider deep shit or whatever Prometheus subtext was meant to be while at the same time viewers should turn their brains off as the cast die in typical horror movie fashion.

I cannot believe that the Predator franchise came away from the AVP nightmare on a decent return to form while alien just went brain dead.
edaw1982
Padawan Learner

Post by edaw1982 »

Maybe Neil Bloekampfs iteration will do good.
"Put book front and center. He's our friend, we should honour him. Kaylee, find that kid who's taking a dirt-nap with baby Jesus. We need a hood ornment. Jayne! Try not to steal too much of their sh*t!"
streetad
Padawan Learner

Post by streetad »

edaw1982 wrote:Maybe Neil Bloekampfs iteration will do good.
Is that one even still happening?
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I would LOVE to see SHARLTO COPLEY either being an inept squawking dude being chased by a xenomorph or even a Queen, or some deranged Soooth Effricken mercenary with a samurai sword hacking shit to pieces while inexplicable cherry blossoms drift around inside an alien hive.

see boyz its got acid blud liek the kudzu in the pretoria system

Mercenary dropships with like the South African flag.

While Yolandi Visser and NINJA just Die Antwoord around an atmospheric processing Space US Marine oil rig starship that's about to turn into a thermonuclear exploderization.

The plot can be... a huge saucership full of xenomorphs floats over Johannesburg, there is a huge Queen with hive in the slums, the Nigerians are chopping people up with machetes and everyone gets facehugged with chestbursters so they desperately have to go to rich-person-accented Jodie Foster's posh space station... while AI combat droids are used to enforce the law because they are facehugger proof and one of them gains sentience and hangs out with totally zef rappers!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
edaw1982
Padawan Learner

Post by edaw1982 »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:I would LOVE to see SHARLTO COPLEY either being an inept squawking dude being chased by a xenomorph or even a Queen, or some deranged Soooth Effricken mercenary with a samurai sword hacking shit to pieces while inexplicable cherry blossoms drift around inside an alien hive.

see boyz its got acid blud liek the kudzu in the pretoria system

Mercenary dropships with like the South African flag.

While Yolandi Visser and NINJA just Die Antwoord around an atmospheric processing Space US Marine oil rig starship that's about to turn into a thermonuclear exploderization.

The plot can be... a huge saucership full of xenomorphs floats over Johannesburg, there is a huge Queen with hive in the slums, the Nigerians are chopping people up with machetes and everyone gets facehugged with chestbursters so they desperately have to go to rich-person-accented Jodie Foster's posh space station... while AI combat droids are used to enforce the law because they are facehugger proof and one of them gains sentience and hangs out with totally zef rappers!
I would actually watch that movie.
It's batshit insane enough to sound like a fun ride.
"Put book front and center. He's our friend, we should honour him. Kaylee, find that kid who's taking a dirt-nap with baby Jesus. We need a hood ornment. Jayne! Try not to steal too much of their sh*t!"
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

There's been criticism of the motives of the Engineer in 'Prometheus', at The New Memedia. The Engineer was ordered to destroy humanity, but an accident occurred aboard his ship, and he was forced into hibernation for an extremely long time. When he wakes up, he sees humans with technology far beyond what the humans had when he was last awake- technology the humans developed themselves, as it should be obvious this technology is NOT based on the Engineer's own- and he decides to attack these humans, instead of taking the time to ask, "What happened during the time I spent in hibernation?" The criticism is the Engineer's illogical actions reduced him to a mere monster, instead of an intelligent being who is able to reevaluate his motives according to circumstances.

Hopefully the scriptwriters for 'Alien: Covenant' have the characters act INTELLIGENTLY, with motivations appropriate for their levels of intelligence.
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
PREDATOR490
Jedi Council Member

Post by PREDATOR490 »

I have seen more than one of these insanely stupid Prometheus clips that try to 'explain' why it is good or bad.. I see clips that mention all the marketing media that tells bits of the story. I cannot believe how stupid it is to make a movie which requires the audience to essentially do research to figure out what the hell is going on in the film.
Throw in the numerous indications that scenes were cut, themes changed and production wrecked throughout the film and you have a film that is just a broken mess.

How do we continue the Alien franchise ?

Somehow, making a prequel to a monster movie franchise resulted in making a movie that wants to be a tell a "deep" dramatic story about gods, creation and Jesus and fuck knows what else. If it is not some magical alien race that wants to wipe out humanity by infecting us with Xenomorph goo then the Predator's decided to build temples so they could use us as hosts for their hunt.
Whoever is making decisions for these film 'story' needs to be slapped silly or get a grip on getting this franchise story consistent. Even some idiot that is only interested in making money off the franchise should see that leaving things in such a state actually hurts the viability of the franchise.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Uh huh, I'd like it if Ash and MOTHER in Alien didn't even know the damn thing was gonna be at LV-wherever it was, that it's just some coded order Weyland-Yutani inputted in its systems to go "screw everyone else, nab that alienoid so we can get BIG BUCKS" so any other WY vessel that blundered there would've had the same experience. Rather than WY going "YOU BOUGHT IT! YOU ALL BOUGHT IT! EVEN MY FAMILY BOUGHT IT! EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT ! AUSTIN!!!!"
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Also, I bet Dash Rendar could have hidden a couple of xenomorph eggs in his shoulder pads. Somebody should make a clip about this. And how the X in Xenomorph stands for EXar Kun.

If we're gonna degenerate to this level of EU backstory shitshow then let's go all the way.

DEGENERATION X-WING

MANDO MANIA

ROYAL RHODIAN

HUTT HOGAN

MACHO MAUL

Stephanie McMonmothma

etcetera
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!