Spider-Man: Homecoming Trailer

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

applejack
Padawan Learner

Spider-Man: Homecoming Trailer

Post by applejack »

The domestic trailer:

And the international trailer:

So, Michael Keaton as Vulture. Plus, IMBD also lists Shocker and Tinkerer.
Dear Lord, the gods have been good to me. As an offering, I present these milk and cookies. If you wish me to eat them instead, please give me no sign whatsoever *pauses* Thy will be done *munch munch munch*. - Homer Simpson
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Re: Spider-Man: Homecoming Trailer

Post by Crazedwraith »

That first scene looks especially good. Less sold on the rest of it. Tony Stark as mentor has some potential. But I hope they're not going to play it too much for laughs/let RDJ steal the whole thing. The shot of him suited up as well concerns me.
Tribble
Sith Devotee

Post by Tribble »

Well, I was not expecting the Vulture of all people to become a total badass. Michael Keaton seems like a good pic, especially as this wouldn't be his first time dressing up as a winged animal :P
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - The official Troll motto, as stated by Adam Savage
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

I heard that.
And I admit I didn't see Vulture as the main bad guy coming. The iconic Spidey villains are the ones we've already seen-Goblin, Doc Ock, Venom.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

I like the trailer. It helps that I know the neighborhood they filmed in. Overall, I actually came away feeling hyped about this.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Looks like they added the old web version of the flying squirrel part of Spider-man's costume:

Honestly, I don't think it's big enough for Spider-man to really glide, but I do like it.
SpottedKitty
Jedi Master

Post by SpottedKitty »

FaxModem1 wrote:Honestly, I don't think it's big enough for Spider-man to really glide, but I do like it.
Maybe not actual gliding, but I could see a sort of semi-directed "falling with style". IIRC don't RL wing-suits have not much more lifting surface?
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery
ANGELUS
Padawan Learner

Post by ANGELUS »

New one is out:

~ Some men just want to watch the world burn ~
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

I'm sold on it already, not watching any more trailers in case they give everything away.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

SpottedKitty wrote:
FaxModem1 wrote:Honestly, I don't think it's big enough for Spider-man to really glide, but I do like it.
Maybe not actual gliding, but I could see a sort of semi-directed "falling with style". IIRC don't RL wing-suits have not much more lifting surface?
Wing suits don't give you enough flexibility to do flippy stuff.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Looks okay. I've never been a huge Spiderman fan, but I'll probably give it a shot.

Nice shout-out to Iron Man 3 in the second trailer when Stark tells Spiderman "If you're nothing without this suite, you shouldn't have it."
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.