New Wonder Woman trailer

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

ANGELUS
Padawan Learner

New Wonder Woman trailer

Post by ANGELUS »

I think it looks good.

~ Some men just want to watch the world burn ~
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Re: New Wonder Woman trailer

Post by Tsyroc »

I thought the first one looked good this one looks even better.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

I just hope DC doesn't fuck it up. We don't need another Grimdark CGI Fuckfest.
Sig images are for people who aren't fucking lazy.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Looks good but very little new stuff in there.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Napoleon the Clown wrote:I just hope DC doesn't fuck it up. We don't need another Grimdark CGI Fuckfest.
Compared to Mos and BvS they seem to have considerably eased up on the grimdark. Not at 'hopeful' yet but definitely past 'they're gonna blow it again'.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
ANGELUS
Padawan Learner

Post by ANGELUS »

and another one:

~ Some men just want to watch the world burn ~
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Batman wrote:
Napoleon the Clown wrote:I just hope DC doesn't fuck it up. We don't need another Grimdark CGI Fuckfest.
Compared to Mos and BvS they seem to have considerably eased up on the grimdark. Not at 'hopeful' yet but definitely past 'they're gonna blow it again'.
The trailers for those films didn't emphasis the grimdark iirc. They concentrated all the humour and fun clips into one trailer for them.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I'm hopeful.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

I'm hoping WW knocks it out of the park. If it doesn't, then DC is doomed for their DCverse. For me at least. But the trailer does look good.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

The thing I'm worried about is them repeating what I heard happened with both BvS and Suicide Squad. Them taking a decent movie, cutting crucial scenes from the theatrical release to put them back in the DVD/Blu-ray release.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

bilateralrope wrote:The thing I'm worried about is them repeating what I heard happened with both BvS and Suicide Squad. Them taking a decent movie, cutting crucial scenes from the theatrical release to put them back in the DVD/Blu-ray release.
On the other hand, they could try and write a movie that is a sensible length to begin with and then they wouldn't have to cut 10% of it out for a theatrical release...
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Crazedwraith wrote:
Batman wrote:
The trailers for those films didn't emphasis the grimdark iirc. They concentrated all the humour and fun clips into one trailer for them.
Never saw the trailers that I recall, I was talking abut the actual movies, which were pretty dark especially for Clark ones. The WW trailers seem to be noticeably brighter both visually and in tone.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Yes but trailers aren't necessarily reflective of the end result. That's my point.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Vendetta wrote:
bilateralrope wrote:The thing I'm worried about is them repeating what I heard happened with both BvS and Suicide Squad. Them taking a decent movie, cutting crucial scenes from the theatrical release to put them back in the DVD/Blu-ray release.
On the other hand, they could try and write a movie that is a sensible length to begin with and then they wouldn't have to cut 10% of it out for a theatrical release...
This is pretty much it for me with the DCCU films. It's not *that* hard to write a decent screenplay that covers two hours or less. But they seem to feel the need to pad it out with scenes that end up getting cut anyway? Or, worse, they write a coherent plot... but it gets chopped up to fit in that arbitrary time.

It suggests to me that whoever is making the DC films isn't as concerned with writing and making decent films as they are about the dollar signs at the end of the day and various arbitrary paths towards those $$.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Their is a definite "written by committee" issue with the DCCU from what I've read, and the films seem to give that vibe.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

The Romulan Republic wrote:Their is a definite "written by committee" issue with the DCCU from what I've read, and the films seem to give that vibe.
Definitely, the worst case so far being Suicide Squad AKA the movie that feels like you're watching your dad try and prove he's 'down with the kids', until you want the ground to swallow you up from the cringing.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Chimaera wrote:
The Romulan Republic wrote:Their is a definite "written by committee" issue with the DCCU from what I've read, and the films seem to give that vibe.
Definitely, the worst case so far being Suicide Squad AKA the movie that feels like you're watching your dad try and prove he's 'down with the kids', until you want the ground to swallow you up from the cringing.
Suicide Squad was huge with young Latino and Black males, and it performed unbelievably well despite all the bad press (which and I didn't think that it was possible but was actually worse than BvS). Clearly I wasn't the target demographic, but it was okay. And I look forward to the directors cut (although I am getting pissed off that WB are doing this to their films, fucking over their directors and end up shooting box office in the foot).

Wonder Woman is gonna be great and not because it's not going to be 'gridmark' (seriously think we need to ban this word) but because Patty Jenkins just gets it with what makes Wonder Woman great.

Zack Snyder also gets it but he also gets screwed over by people who go in wanting to hate something (and well the studio) but that's another conversation, and I just love MoS and BvS like balls deep love.
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Crown wrote: Zack Snyder also gets it but he also gets screwed over by people who go in wanting to hate something (and well the studio) but that's another conversation, and I just love MoS and BvS like balls deep love.
Or maybe people just went into MoS and BvS and shock didn't like it?? Grant the people to ability to make up their own mind.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Crazedwraith wrote:
Crown wrote: Zack Snyder also gets it but he also gets screwed over by people who go in wanting to hate something (and well the studio) but that's another conversation, and I just love MoS and BvS like balls deep love.
Or maybe people just went into MoS and BvS and shock didn't like it?? Grant the people to ability to make up their own mind.
No. You must think the same as me :!:
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Zack Snyder got it in the '90s but it isn't the '90s any more and nobody wants the it that he got back then.
Majin Gojira
Sith Acolyte

Post by Majin Gojira »

I'm worried the Amazons are going to be used as fodder early on to show how serious something is, and I've seen that done so many times in comics that it's actually nauseating.
ISARMA: Daikaiju Coordinator: Just Add Radiation
Justice League- Molly Hayes: Respect Hats or Freakin' Else!
Browncoat
Supernatural Taisen - "[This Story] is essentially "Wouldn't it be awesome if this happened?" Followed by explosions."

Reviewing movies is a lot like Paleontology: The Evidence is there...but no one seems to agree upon it.

"God! Are you so bored that you enjoy seeing us humans suffer?! Why can't you let this poor man live happily with his son! What kind of God are you, crushing us like ants?!" - Kyoami, Ran