Song Jat Shariff VS The entire U.S. Military (Ultraviolet + Real Life)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Re: Song Jat Shariff VS The entire U.S. Military (Ultraviolet + Real Life)

Post by FaxModem1 »

Let's make this more interesting, since this thread is a bit ridiculous. Violet Song Jat Shariff is going to do her usual badass thing, when Alice from the Resident Evil film franchise and John Preston from the Equilibrium film appear in the same forest. They all fight each other to the death because they all think they're the star of this action film, and are supposed to kill people randomly at the drop of a hat instead of holding a conversation.

Meanwhile, ROB has moved away the US army, and replaced them with the mooks from Ultraviolet, the Umbrella Corporation from the Resident Evil films, and the Clerics from Equilibrium, who are all perplexed, but since this is action movie world, open fire at each other.

What happens?
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

The resulting film grosses over a billion dollars worldwide, while simultaneously getting a 13% on Rotten Tomatoes.
Sig images are for people who aren't fucking lazy.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

I think just throwing soldiers at her would do, because as mentioned, there *was* a scene where she just let some random mooks have guns pointed at her point blank for several seconds because they were waiting for her to act/catch her breath/whatever.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Do you mean this best gunfight strategy ever scene?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVm965-lHH8
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Sea Skimmer wrote:Do you mean this best gunfight strategy ever scene?
Well, that was silly. It seemed like the mooks were purposely walking into the line of fire so that they could guarantee getting shot by their own side.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Also everybody was firing tracers for some reason and did those bullets look like they were moving at 300+ mps to you?
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

FaxModem1 wrote: Well, that was silly. It seemed like the mooks were purposely walking into the line of fire so that they could guarantee getting shot by their own side.
I'm sure it was meant to represent 'she was moving so they'd aim that way,' but yes.

And these are not the worst mooks in the movie!
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

FaxModem1 wrote:
Sea Skimmer wrote:Do you mean this best gunfight strategy ever scene?
Well, that was silly. It seemed like the mooks were purposely walking into the line of fire so that they could guarantee getting shot by their own side.
I notice that at the very end of the fight, 5 mooks were surrounding her. Five.

Draw a circle. Place an odd number of points evenly spaced around the edge. Trace a straight line from any of those points through the centre and back out the other side. Note how it passes between the other points.

There is no way those mooks were aiming at her.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

There was also a scene where there were literally hundreds of foes so she didn't fight.

I mean, given prior stuff I see no reason she couldn't kill arbitrary numbers of people that mooky, but actual intent was to imply it was too much for her.