The Purge 3 trailer

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

The Purge 3 trailer

Post by FaxModem1 »

So, while the first Purge film sucked, and the second one was a remarkable improvement, and actually explored how this would affect society a bit, even though this is still a stupid premise. There was also the revelation at the end that:
Spoiler
The US government is actually killing off the poor to keep unemployment in check, and is actually a rich killing the poor for the benefit of themselves type of system.

So, they seem to be running with this, and showing a bit of the political side of this new government, and how its all to keep the poor killing each other, and keep their weapons aimed away from them. Also, the Purge is to get rid of those who are politically dangerous to those who are in charge. Is it still stupid? You bet. But I will probably give it at least one watch, because I enjoy allegory.
Stormin
Jedi Knight

Re: The Purge 3 trailer

Post by Stormin »

I think I've seen this one before. Doesn't an alien show up and lend her a suit of power armor to kill all the rich people?
Zeropoint
Jedi Knight

Post by Zeropoint »

I saw this trailer the other day, and I noticed that the Purge Announcement said that ALL crime is legal. As in, not just violent crime, but environmental crimes, business crimes, and all other kinds of white-collar crimes. You'd think that would cause problems.
I'm a cis-het white male, and I oppose racism, sexism, homophobia, and transphobia. I support treating all humans equally.

When fascism came to America, it was wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.

That which will not bend must break and that which can be destroyed by truth should never be spared its demise.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Zeropoint wrote:I saw this trailer the other day, and I noticed that the Purge Announcement said that ALL crime is legal. As in, not just violent crime, but environmental crimes, business crimes, and all other kinds of white-collar crimes. You'd think that would cause problems.
In the first two films, the announcements note that certain government leaders and facilities are above attack, with severe punishments expected for those who breach it. A government official even confesses in the second film
Spoiler
that its population control to keep those in power still in power, population control, and to get rid of those who are inconvenient. We also see a government clean up team cleaning out certain apartment blocks that have been deemed needing to be purged, since the majority of citizens in the US aren't really wanting to kill each other at the drop of a hat.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

FaxModem, the spoiler tag isn't working for you
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Zeropoint wrote:I saw this trailer the other day, and I noticed that the Purge Announcement said that ALL crime is legal. As in, not just violent crime, but environmental crimes, business crimes, and all other kinds of white-collar crimes. You'd think that would cause problems.
The biggest problem I see is someone deciding to set fire to as many buildings as they can, then shooting anyone who tries to put the fires out.
Adam Reynolds
Jedi Council Member

Post by Adam Reynolds »

The biggest problem I see is that it would lead to countless cycles of endless violence that spills over into other time periods. People can't just turn on the cycle of revenge for one day a year(or whatever else it is, I haven't actually seen these movies).
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

it's not just violence, if all crimes are "legal" during purge night, it would have immense spill over effects since the effects of most crimes cannont be contained into a single night.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Because the spoiler tags don't seem to be working for me. I'll just spoil things.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

while there are people who use the Purge as a way to enact petty vengeance or let out their rage. The Purge is in purpose a sham. It's all a government conspiracy by the New Founding Fathers to keep the poor in check, through population control, and to remove those that are deemed problematic by the 'New Founding Fathers'. In fact, in the second film, there are armed squads sent out to take out Purgers who are too much trouble while they also purge entire buildings full of people.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

The spoiler tag isn't working if the post contains a quote, Fax.
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Most people aren't going to feel the urge to use their one "Can kill anyone" night of the year to dump toxic waste in a national park or something. And if they did they'd want to go out in force to do it because it's Purge night and there are people running around killing people all willy-nilly.
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

FaxModem1 wrote:Is it still stupid? You bet. But I will probably give it at least one watch, because I enjoy allegory.
Yeah, I've always seen the series as a waste of time until now, because of the stupid premise, but in the current context... well, let's just say that I think the makers should send Donald Trump a love letter with a big lipstick kiss on it if they haven't already.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker