NFL 2015 Offseason

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

TheHammer
Jedi Master

NFL 2015 Offseason

Post by TheHammer »

I didn't see a thread, but with the big deals going down lately I think it's time we had one.

Big deals thus far:

Nkomodon Suh from Detroit to Miami via FA (for a massive contract)
Frank Gore from SF to Philadelphia via FA
Lesean McCoy from Philadelphia to Bufallo for Kiko Alonso
Brandon Marshall from Chicago to Jets for 5th round pick

Nearest and dearest to my heart is Gore going to Philly. And now word that Patrick Willis is going to retire at 30??? So far, the Worst offseason in decades for a Niner's fan... Possibly the worst in history of the team.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: NFL 2015 Offseason

Post by Thanas »

Justin Smith is retiring too.

The niners are exploding faster than the dream team. Goddamn it, now I got to find another NFC team to be mildly sympathetic too.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Thanas wrote:Justin Smith is retiring too.

The niners are exploding faster than the dream team. Goddamn it, now I got to find another NFC team to be mildly sympathetic too.
There is talk of dumping Kaepernick. I don't buy it one bit, but that it's even out there...
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Thanas wrote:Justin Smith is retiring too.

I heard the Panthers are just one season away. :P

Crap, sorry about responding twice to the same post. Brain no worky. :oops:
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Meanwhile, thanks to Ray Rice dead money eating our salary space, we will most likely cut Ngata and already lost Torrey Smith and Pernell McPhee.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

I'm disappointed the Pats aren't picking up the option on Revis; I really like him on our team. But I kind of saw it coming.

Also, mumblings about Gore to the Eagles, but it's not clear if that's actually going to happen or not.
Darth Quorthon
Jedi Knight

Post by Darth Quorthon »

The whole Patrick Will retirement talk had me scratching my head, my first kneejerk reaction was, does he really miss Harbaugh that much? Maybe it's just one of those rare cases of someone retiring too early rather than too late. I read an article this morning that speculated that why Kaepernick's name came up is because the 49ers front office isn't too enamored with him, and it was only Harbaugh who was going to bat for him. I don't really buy it either, but if the team is really about to implode, maybe the management just wants to get it over with faster.
"For the first few weeks of rehearsal, we tend to sound like a really, really bad Rush tribute band." -Alex Lifeson

"See, we plan ahead, that way we don't do anything right now." - Valentine McKee

"Next time you're gonna be a bit higher!" -General from Birani

"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin." - H. L. Mencken

He who creates shields by fire - Rotting Christ, Lex Talionis
TheHammer
Jedi Master

Post by TheHammer »

Darth Quorthon wrote:The whole Patrick Will retirement talk had me scratching my head, my first kneejerk reaction was, does he really miss Harbaugh that much? Maybe it's just one of those rare cases of someone retiring too early rather than too late. I read an article this morning that speculated that why Kaepernick's name came up is because the 49ers front office isn't too enamored with him, and it was only Harbaugh who was going to bat for him. I don't really buy it either, but if the team is really about to implode, maybe the management just wants to get it over with faster.
Completely foolish to give up on Kap right now. By the numbers, his passing is comparable to Joe fucking Montana at this stage of his career. I know the game has changed, but still... As for Patrick Willis, I don't know if he made this decision all on his own, or if the team was planning to cut/trade him and he decided he'd rather hang it up. Starting to think the front office is believing its own bullshit. They'd better be right otherwise that new stadium is gonna have problems filling seats with all the bad will they are racking up.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Holy shit, is Bowman going to get cut too? ESPN just talked about that.

Wow, it would be harder to gut a steam by actively trying to do so.
------------
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

TheHammer wrote:
Darth Quorthon wrote:The whole Patrick Will retirement talk had me scratching my head, my first kneejerk reaction was, does he really miss Harbaugh that much? Maybe it's just one of those rare cases of someone retiring too early rather than too late. I read an article this morning that speculated that why Kaepernick's name came up is because the 49ers front office isn't too enamored with him, and it was only Harbaugh who was going to bat for him. I don't really buy it either, but if the team is really about to implode, maybe the management just wants to get it over with faster.
Completely foolish to give up on Kap right now. By the numbers, his passing is comparable to Joe fucking Montana at this stage of his career. I know the game has changed, but still... As for Patrick Willis, I don't know if he made this decision all on his own, or if the team was planning to cut/trade him and he decided he'd rather hang it up. Starting to think the front office is believing its own bullshit. They'd better be right otherwise that new stadium is gonna have problems filling seats with all the bad will they are racking up.
And the heavens have opened up as hell freezes over because I completly agree with you concerning Kaepernick. Even though I don't and never will agree with them dumping Smith as their starter because the lesser of 2 Harboughs had a serious hard on for him for some reason I'll never understand unless it was all about an attempt at boosting his ego by finding the next great top tier QB. I doubt Kap is anything close to top tier, but I'm often wrong on football issues so who knows what the future holds?
At least he wasn't damaged goods with a half-season of excellence before his dumbass coach let him essentially end his career ala RGIII and out. :lol:
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
TheHammer
Jedi Master

Post by TheHammer »

Thanas wrote:Holy shit, is Bowman going to get cut too? ESPN just talked about that.

Wow, it would be harder to gut a steam by actively trying to do so.
As bad as it's been, I'm starting to feel like it must be even worse for Eagles fans. You lose your #1 QB, WR, RB and get back injury prone question marks in return. I think they were rather quick to get rid of players who really just needed better O-line play in front of them.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

TheHammer wrote: As bad as it's been, I'm starting to feel like it must be even worse for Eagles fans. You lose your #1 QB, WR, RB and get back injury prone question marks in return. I think they were rather quick to get rid of players who really just needed better O-line play in front of them.
I really don't get what the Eagles are doing this off season. To me Bradford doesn't really fit into what Kelly would like to do and he's very injury prone. Kelly must have some very serious plans for the draft.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Tsyroc wrote:
TheHammer wrote: As bad as it's been, I'm starting to feel like it must be even worse for Eagles fans. You lose your #1 QB, WR, RB and get back injury prone question marks in return. I think they were rather quick to get rid of players who really just needed better O-line play in front of them.
I really don't get what the Eagles are doing this off season. To me Bradford doesn't really fit into what Kelly would like to do and he's very injury prone. Kelly must have some very serious plans for the draft.
Everyone seems to think he wants Mariota, but after the RGIII fiasco, I don't think anyone's going to give up draft picks like that to get first overall.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Well, he got Bradford to trade - though I don't get why people would give up more for Bradford than for Foles. Bradford is injured and even when healthy, misses receivers like crazy and in general sucks. The only thing he got going for him is his ridiculous contract and that he was drafted first overall once. If he had been a sixth-round pick he would have been long gone or relegated to a backup role.
------------
------------
My LPs
TheHammer
Jedi Master

Post by TheHammer »

Eagles picked up Murray. Guess we will see how he does with an O-line of far lower caliber than he had in Dallas. McFadden to Dallas, wonder how he'll fare surrounded by the upgraded personnel, could be a good sleeper pickup in some fantasy leagues if Dallas gets no one else...
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

This is not strictly NFL news, but I felt this was a great profile of the way NFL media has changed.
Link
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Also, anybody else thinking the saints may be going for Mariota? They are stockpiling picks like crazy and invest a lot in running games and defence (tbf both sucked but still).
------------
------------
My LPs
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Hmmm. To guarantee Mariota, they'd realistically need to trade up to first overall, right? I mean, what can they give the Bucs(a division 'rival' no less) that would make that happen?
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Alferd Packer wrote:Hmmm. To guarantee Mariota, they'd realistically need to trade up to first overall, right? I mean, what can they give the Bucs(a division 'rival' no less) that would make that happen?
Bucs in their shittyness are going to draft Winston.
------------
------------
My LPs
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

You think? I was under the impression that once the teams scouted him, he was going to go the way of Manziel (that is, late in the first round, because he's a bit of shitheel). But hey, maybe he's cleaned up his act and is ready for the big leagues.

I wonder how high you'd need to go, then, to get Mariota.

Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Thanas wrote:
Alferd Packer wrote:Hmmm. To guarantee Mariota, they'd realistically need to trade up to first overall, right? I mean, what can they give the Bucs(a division 'rival' no less) that would make that happen?
Isn't he the rapist who FSU covered for?
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Yes but as Big Ben proved rape allegations < talent.
------------
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Thanas wrote:Yes but as Big Ben proved rape allegations < talent.
I dunno, Pavement Face was already good in the NFL before the hastily covered up rape accusations while Winston was good enough in college to win a Heisman Trophy. And as we all know quite well, no Heisman winner has ever done anything immoral on or off the field.
Plus, look at all the wonderful things Winston has done. I think he'll fit right in at Tampa.
But why should I care? I'm a Green Bay fan now and no Green Bay player has ever done anything the least untoward, let alone to a woman.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
TheHammer
Jedi Master

Post by TheHammer »

Flagg wrote:
Thanas wrote:
Isn't he the rapist who FSU covered for?
You concluded he is a rapist based upon what evidence?
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Based on this, I would imagine.

It is quite fishy, even if he hasn't been convicted of a crime.
------------
------------
My LPs