Thanas
Magister
Magister

NFL 2014 season

Post by Thanas »

Go Team.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: NFL 2014 season

Post by Thanas »

Best parts of the season right here:
http://profootballmock.com/iphone-text/ ... uspension/
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Finally.

I don't know if Seattle is that good or Green Bay is overrated. I'm hoping the latter obviously. :lol:

I'm also stoked that we open against Dallas.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Yes, they're that good. The Seahawks under Pete Carroll remind me of the Cowboys under Jimmy Johnson. As long as Paul Allen doesn't get drunk and fire him, they should be kicking ass for several years. It helps that the key players are young and signed to long-term contracts.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

What's the over/under on dumb hick Denver fans booing manning and saying they should have stuck with Tebow Sunday night?
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Havok wrote:Finally.

I don't know if Seattle is that good or Green Bay is overrated. I'm hoping the latter obviously. :lol:

I'm also stoked that we open against Dallas.
Well, remember Green Bay a few years ago? They also seemed damn invincible in their 15-1 season.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Fuck me.

Drop of 30 yrds from Jacoby Jones hit in the breadbasket
Drops of 46 and 15 yds from Steve Smith (!!!!!!). Both hit him in the numbers
Drop of 24 yards of Torrey Smith hit him in hands
Fumble by Bernard Pierce.

And to put the cherry on the shit cake:
Flacco is too stupid to throw the ball away and to at least save a field goal. What stupdity.

We don't deserve to win a single game this season if this goes on.

EDIT: Well, what do you know? WE FUCKING LOST.
------------
------------
My LPs
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

The Niners took the second half off and still beat the Cowboys by double digits. What's the over/under for Garrett being fired during the bye week?
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

It really sucked watching the same blow a serious lead, then barely lose in overtime.

Really wish I could have watched the Redskins game, though. I love watching the Redskins lose.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Elfdart wrote:The Niners took the second half off and still beat the Cowboys by double digits. What's the over/under for Garrett being fired during the bye week?
Why fire him? Jerry Jones coaches the team. :lol:
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Jesus, the Cowboys looked awful. A lot of teams looked awful.

Also, the Patriots are in 4th place in the AFC East. First time they've lost their season opener in a decade. That tickles my tits.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

FUCKING RAY RICE NEEDS TO GO. STAT.

Link
On Monday morning, TMZ released the full video of the “elevator incident,” and it showed Ravens fans everything that we wanted to believe wasn’t true. The arguing couple gets into the elevator, and Ray Rice immediately strikes his fiancée. She pushes back, attempting to defend herself. He then knocks her out with a brutal left hook. As she crumples to the ground, we don’t get any sign of remorse in Rice’s body language. He pauses for a moment before scooping her prone body off the ground with all the care of a farmer hefting a bag of manure. The whole sequence is over in a matter of seconds, but the nauseating feeling you get from watching it lingers much longer. It’s truly a disgusting scene.
Fuck Ray Rice, and fuck this organization. They either were fucking inept by writing all those positive PR articles over the last few weeks or thought this was OK.
------------
------------
My LPs
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

About what I thought it would be, that is to say revolting. I stand by my earlier position: Pete Rose his ass out of the league. Lifetime ban, no chance for reinstatement.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

And he's off the team.

Probably the best we can expect right now. Hopefully Goodell can now hand down a lifetime ban.

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Finally.

It absolutely fucks us in this season and the next, both player and salary-wise. We will not be contenders for this or the next season.

However, this was the right thing to do.
------------
------------
My LPs
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Flagg wrote:
Elfdart wrote:The Niners took the second half off and still beat the Cowboys by double digits. What's the over/under for Garrett being fired during the bye week?
Why fire him? Jerry Jones coaches the team. :lol:
Jones isn't going to fire himself. He should, but he won't.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

You should watch Keith Olberman's commentary on the issue Thanas. Should be on ESPN.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Here you go:

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Havok wrote:You should watch Keith Olberman's commentary on the issue Thanas. Should be on ESPN.
Yeah, I disagree with him. No way will anybody resign when far worse spousal abusers (Greg Hardy) are not getting anything. The ravens will not sacrifice their team for Rice lying to their faces, nor should they.
------------
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Olbermann is saying that from a moral standpoint they should. He knows damned well they won't.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Goddamnit! :banghead:
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

On the bright side Thanas, at least you'll be able to look forward to some good draft picks if the Ravens tank as badly as you think they might. Plus as much as it sucks to lose a player like Rice, we all know they did the right thing in releasing him. If Lynch or Wilson did the same thing I hope the Seahawks would dump them and accept the loses that would come.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Elfdart wrote:Goddamnit! :banghead:
Until I saw your post I had assumed that the Cardinals had lost. They were looking pretty crappy, and gaining momentum in that regard when I stopped watching last night. :?
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Jub wrote:On the bright side Thanas, at least you'll be able to look forward to some good draft picks if the Ravens tank as badly as you think they might. Plus as much as it sucks to lose a player like Rice, we all know they did the right thing in releasing him. If Lynch or Wilson did the same thing I hope the Seahawks would dump them and accept the loses that would come.
You mean, the same seahawks who traded for him after Lynch committed a hit and run on a woman, had several DUIs and a weapons charge?
Or maybe the bears, who traded for Brandon Marschall after he had domestic abuse charges levelled at him?

Talent sadly trumps morality.
------------
------------
My LPs
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Thanas wrote:You mean, the same seahawks who traded for him after Lynch committed a hit and run on a woman, had several DUIs and a weapons charge?
Or maybe the bears, who traded for Brandon Marschall after he had domestic abuse charges levelled at him?

Talent sadly trumps morality.
I know. I still think they should if something that serious happens, even if I know it won't. It's the same in every business, if you're a big enough name you get different rules unless there is a massive public backlash.