NFL 2013

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Havok
Miscreant

Re: NFL 2013

Post by Havok »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Can someone tell me why the sports casters are basically ignoring ANY commenting on how unstoppable AWESOME Wilson is being as Seahawks quarter back ????
Because the commentator is Troy Fucking Aikman and he knows what an unstoppable QB is and looks like and it isn't Wilson. Not in this game anyway.

Wilson played well, but he didn't do anything spectacular. As for Flagg's hate, I dunno, Wilson seems really bland to me. I could write out his responses they are so canned.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord Relvenous »

Flagg wrote: Yeah because taking credit for a "win" given to you by fake refs is the epitome of humility am I right?
Oh good, now I know you're making your evaluation based on one single action, so I can ignore it. Thanks for clearing that up. You obviously know very, very little about Wilson.

To respond directly to your MVP comment, when Wilson was actually garnering MVP buzz during the season, he repeatedly shrugged it off and gave credit to the defense, running game, and the line. He made absolutely no comments along the lines that he deserved it or that he cared about it.
Coyote: Warm it in the microwave first to avoid that 'necrophelia' effect.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Havok wrote:
Crossroads Inc. wrote:Can someone tell me why the sports casters are basically ignoring ANY commenting on how unstoppable AWESOME Wilson is being as Seahawks quarter back ????
Because the commentator is Troy Fucking Aikman and he knows what an unstoppable QB is and looks like and it isn't Wilson. Not in this game anyway.

Wilson played well, but he didn't do anything spectacular. As for Flagg's hate, I dunno, Wilson seems really bland to me. I could write out his responses they are so canned.
He just. He has one of those faces you just wanna punch until it ends up just your knuckle bones smashing into his face bones and you both end up crippled.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Lord Relvenous wrote:
Flagg wrote: Yeah because taking credit for a "win" given to you by fake refs is the epitome of humility am I right?
Oh good, now I know you're making your evaluation based on one single action, so I can ignore it. Thanks for clearing that up. You obviously know very, very little about Wilson.

To respond directly to your MVP comment, when Wilson was actually garnering MVP buzz during the season, he repeatedly shrugged it off and gave credit to the defense, running game, and the line. He made absolutely no comments along the lines that he deserved it or that he cared about it.
Yeah well, you're from Idaho so I can ignore you and your fictional land of make believe.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

The worst part is that I'm going to Seattle in a month. Barf :lol:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Havok wrote:The worst part is that I'm going to Seattle in a month. Barf :lol:
I'd say we should meet up but I'm currently in contact with some... Folks... That may want me to wear some... Apparel... Well I shouldn't say anything else. Let's just um... Yeah.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Highlord Laan
Jedi Master
Location: Christo-fundie Theofascist Dominion of Nebraskistan

Post by Highlord Laan »

Everyone in my workplace was rooting for Denver. I'm going to laugh my ass off tomorrow. Seeing the Broncos shit the bed was pure hilarity.
Never underestimate the ingenuity and cruelty of the Irish.
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

If only you could give the MVP to "the defensive line."
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Terralthra wrote:If only you could give the MVP to "the defensive line."
It should have gone to Peyton Manning. :lol:
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Nah, should have gone to whoever the hell the Broncos' center is. He put the whole team on tilt right at the start of the game. :razz: That was the stupidest game of football I ever did half pay attention to in the background.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Yeah, that safety just energized the fuck out of Seattle.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Denver tears are delicious to read on reddit. Thank you Seahawks.

Denver looked completely overmatched. Reminded me of the 2000 Ravens vs the giants actually (although the GIants O did not score a single TD that game).

Peyton Manning went into full clutch playoff mode and served a PM choking special to his whole team.

Congrats Seattle.

(also, I am 2 for 2 on SB picks on this board. Whoooohooo.)
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Now that the game is over and I've had some time to think about it and watch some highlights and replays, I think that the Broncos had far too much pressure on them and it was bleeding through from Manning onto the rest of the team.

That said that was one of the most complete games of football I have seen by a team in a long time on the part of the Seahawks.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

I was initially rooting for the Broncos, but the sheer absurdity in the first quarter alone made me switch to the Seahawks.

The referees seemed to be unusually hands on in this game, IMO.
Turns out that a five way cross over between It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Ali G Show, Fargo, Idiocracy and Veep is a lot less funny when you're actually living in it.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Lord Relvenous wrote:I honestly don't have it in me to hope for a shutout. I don't love Manning, but I don't want him to be the QB leading the worst performance in the history of a Super Bowl.
Bah, Tony Eason has that one locked up forever. 0 for 6 before having to be yanked for pissing his pants.
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

Yeah, Seattle played extremely well, both sides of the ball. They had man-to-man coverage tight on all the receivers, and their front six kept pressure on Manning every single play. Seriously, he did not have time in the pocket, ever. Amazing defensive line pressure was the story of the game, and it was a story that read "Seattle 43, Denver 8".
Darth Quorthon
Jedi Knight

Post by Darth Quorthon »

I started off rooting for Denver, but when it became obvious that they were overmatched, I settled into my "well neither of these teams are my team, so let's see if there's some cool commercials" mode. I wasn't surprised that Seattle won, but I was surprised that it turned out to be such a curbstomp. I thought Manning might have punched through a couple more scores. I guess it is kinda cool to see Seattle taste some success; they lost the Supersonics, who are now doing well as the Thunder, and then had the purchase and relocation of the Kings cock-blocked.

Also, did anyone else think Wes Welker looked like a little kid going into Seattle's secondary?
"For the first few weeks of rehearsal, we tend to sound like a really, really bad Rush tribute band." -Alex Lifeson

"See, we plan ahead, that way we don't do anything right now." - Valentine McKee

"Next time you're gonna be a bit higher!" -General from Birani

"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin." - H. L. Mencken

He who creates shields by fire - Rotting Christ, Lex Talionis
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

Havok wrote:Fucking wow. Denver just fucking sucks. Are we back to the NFC Championship being the defacto Superbowl?
That seems clear.

This game was like someone putting together a highlight reel. Of horrible things to not do in the Super Bowl.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Rogue 9 wrote:Nah, should have gone to whoever the hell the Broncos' center is. He put the whole team on tilt right at the start of the game. :razz: That was the stupidest game of football I ever did half pay attention to in the background.
I was. I literally begs Xenu's forgiveness and looked east, and bowed down in prayer to Allah. Both were in jest, but like 2 minutes after I "prayed to Allah" the Broncos got their one and only score of the game. :lol:
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Pelranius wrote:I was initially rooting for the Broncos, but the sheer absurdity in the first quarter alone made me switch to the Seahawks.
I'm not trying to be insulting but I will be anyway, can we all agree that anyone who does this has pulled the douchiest possible move you can make when watching the SB?
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Havok wrote:Now that the game is over and I've had some time to think about it and watch some highlights and replays, I think that the Broncos had far too much pressure on them and it was bleeding through from Manning onto the rest of the team.
I think they thought they had the game as locked up as possible and hubris took over. I've seen it time and again, most notably when the "perfect season" Cheatriots got their clocks cleaned by the Giants (IIRC).
That said that was one of the most complete games of football I have seen by a team in a long time on the part of the Seahawks.
Yeah, I hate to agree with this but I'd be in 9/11 Truther territory if I tried denying it. However, Pete Carroll needs a talking to. I don't give a FUCK that you're playing against Peyton Manning, if the opposing team is playing THAT bad and you are THAT far ahead you pull at least SOME of your starters and rotate in the secondaries for the rest of the game starting in the 4th quarter because you don't want your first stringers to get injured. And what happens? Sherman got his ankle fucked up bad. The only possible reasons I can think of for him leaving the first stringers in like that are 1) He doesn't give a fuck about his players or, 2) He didn't want the Broncos to tighten up the score at all even though it was almost impossible for them to win.

I don't believe for a second it was 1. Not his coaching style.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord Relvenous »

Thinking back on the game, I'm really impressed with how loud the game actually was. I'd like to think the 12's that could make it had a part in that safety. The center himself said it was loud and he couldn't hear the snap count. And when we were on the field, there was still a good amount of noise.

Maybe the NFL pumped it in. /conspiracy
Coyote: Warm it in the microwave first to avoid that 'necrophelia' effect.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

First time Denver really played against crowd noise for a long time.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Havok wrote:Are we back to the NFC Championship being the defacto Superbowl?
Hey Hav, I know the 9ers and seahawks are good teams and Imma let you finish, but the Ravens had one of the best counters to that dream.
------------
------------
My LPs
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

------------
------------
My LPs