NFL 2013

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Thanas
Magister
Magister

NFL 2013

Post by Thanas »

Today is the first day of the title defence of the Baltimore Ravens.

Wonder who we'll get in the draft.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Re: NFL 2013

Post by Alferd Packer »

I just want to laugh at whatever desperate move the Jets make to try to salvage their imploded team.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Alferd Packer wrote:I just want to laugh at whatever desperate move the Jets make to try to salvage their imploded team.
I bet they start Tebow. :v
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

They may actually win that way. There is no way anyone in that locker room has faith in Captain Butt Fumble.

Hour and 45 to go. I have no idea who we are even considering with the SECOND TO LAST PICK ( :finger: :banghead: ) in the first round let alone who we may be targeting.

I know there is a giant NT in the first or second round somewhere, but I am so out of the loop this year I can't even remember his name.
We need some secondary help and maybe a up and comer behind Gore. Need that 2nd TE position filled as well.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Wait... is the draft tonight? NFL.com's counter says 0 Days 1 Hour 3X minutes
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Never mind. NFL.com changed their counter to the schedule release. :lol:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord Relvenous »

Havok wrote:Never mind. NFL.com changed their counter to the schedule release. :lol:
April 25th-27th, just in case you didn't see it.

As a college football fan, I'm more interested in if BSU can get a first round pick two years in a row, though there are definitely some interesting picks lined up. One player I've decided to track this draft is Aaron Rodgers' little brother. He had an efficient season at Vanderbilt (by which I mean he lead them to their most successful season in... like forever), but he hasn't gotten much draft buzz. Most projections have him as a 7th round or undrafted Free Agent. It'll be interesting to see if a team decides to use a late round pick and take a chance on him. Hey, he could be the next Eli Manning.
Coyote: Warm it in the microwave first to avoid that 'necrophelia' effect.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

UGH. I stayed up just for the shitty schedule release? What BS.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Oh great, first Bucs home game is with the Ravens. In fact their entire schedule is loaded.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord Relvenous »

Flagg wrote:Oh great, first Bucs home game is with the Ravens. In fact their entire schedule is loaded.
Well, with the Ravens having to rebuild their defense and the Bucs getting two All-Pro OL back to block for Martin and Freeman showing significant improvement, that could be a good matchup. Of course, you have Flacco on the other side and unless something gets significantly better in Tampa's pass defense, the best the Bucs can hope for is a shootout.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Our schedule is pretty nice:
1 @Broncos
2 vs Browns
3 vs Texans
4 @ Bills
5 @ Dolphins
6 vs Packers
7 @ Steelers
8 Bye Week
9 @ Browns
10 vs Bengals
11 @ Bears
12 vs Jets
13 vs Steelers
14 vs Vikings
15 @ Lions
16 vs Patriots
17 @ Bengals
Nice bye week in the middle, nearly always pairing one good team with one shitty team. Playing steelers on three days of rest is bad, but that is about it.

Flagg wrote:Oh great, first Bucs home game is with the Ravens. In fact their entire schedule is loaded.
Preseason Flagg.
------------
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Thanas wrote:Our schedule is pretty nice:
1 @Broncos
2 vs Browns
3 vs Texans
4 @ Bills
5 @ Dolphins
6 vs Packers
7 @ Steelers
8 Bye Week
9 @ Browns
10 vs Bengals
11 @ Bears
12 vs Jets
13 vs Steelers
14 vs Vikings
15 @ Lions
16 vs Patriots
17 @ Bengals
Nice bye week in the middle, nearly always pairing one good team with one shitty team. Playing steelers on three days of rest is bad, but that is about it.

Preseason Flagg.
Don't try to squint at charts on facebook with an ipad while stoned, kids.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Thanas wrote:Our schedule is pretty nice:
1 @Broncos
2 vs Browns
3 vs Texans
4 @ Bills
5 @ Dolphins
6 vs Packers
7 @ Steelers
8 Bye Week
9 @ Browns
10 vs Bengals
11 @ Bears
12 vs Jets
13 vs Steelers
14 vs Vikings
15 @ Lions
16 vs Patriots
17 @ Bengals
Aww, phoeey. I was hoping they'd play the Jets at the Meadowlands, since I'm only 45 minutes away. My wife and I really want to go to a Ravens game this year, and Baltimore, though a lovely city, is a bit of a schlep.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Meanwhile, in other news, the Browns are still the browns. Only now run by a crook.
link
------------
------------
My LPs
Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord Relvenous »

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

This one about the season is also pretty good.
------------
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Yay we got Revis!
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Let's hope he is still as good, or he doesn't re-injure his knee.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

So, a first and conditional fourth (most likely be a third) plus a 6 year, 96 mil contract? That is a lot. Hope you guys get your money's worth.
------------
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Thanas wrote:So, a first and conditional fourth (most likely be a third) plus a 6 year, 96 mil contract? That is a lot. Hope you guys get your money's worth.
I doubt they have any fucking clue to be honest, but fuck it, we have a name recognition status now.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

I'm looking down the barrel of a 6-10 season. The worst part is that everyone (and not just that numbskull Peter King) is predicting the Chargers will use picks they can't spare to move up to #6 (Cleveland's spot) to get Lane Johnson. The entire offensive line sucks, just as bad as Arizona's or Chicago's. Rebuilding it is at least a 2-year project, meaning that by the time it's done Marmalard will be through. Thanks to AJ Smith the team is in cap hell, too.
:banghead:
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Well it looks like Rolando McClain kept his promises to stay out of trouble and to avoid decatur....for a whopping 10 days after signing his contract. Screw him.
------------
------------
My LPs
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Thanas wrote:So, a first and conditional fourth (most likely be a third) plus a 6 year, 96 mil contract? That is a lot. Hope you guys get your money's worth.
It has zero guaranteed money, which means the Buccs can cut him almost anytime and have no salary cap penalties. 16 million isn't to much to pay for Revis if he is still Revis.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

As for McClain, yelling "fuck the police" isn't against any law I have heard of, nor does it warrant physical action by them. Pretty interesting as well that out of a crowd of 700 a sober McClain gets singled out. I mean "disorderly conduct"? :lol: They couldn't even figure out anything good to charge him with so they went with that bullshit stand by, because I'm sure out of those 700, his conduct was way more disorderly than anyone else. :roll:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

According to the police, he tried to incite the crowd to riot.

But that being said, the stupidity is not "what" got him arrested, but that he got arrested in the first place.
------------
------------
My LPs