How do I commit suicide?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Havok
Miscreant

Re: How do I commit suicide?

Post by Havok »

Ziggy Stardust wrote:
Havok wrote:He isn't suicidal. He is looking for attention.
:finger:

Go fuck yourself. Seriously. Do you have any idea how many lives are wasted because of morons saying or thinking like this? This is exactly like knowing somebody that shoots up heroin 5 times a day but dismissing attempts to intervene that the whole thing is no big deal. Even if you're right, what's the point of fucking saying it? If you are wrong, this kind of attitude will just make things significantly worse, but if you're right it does absolutely nothing but give you smug satisfaction. It never helps to say this, but in the vast majority of cases it will seriously hurt. If you don't want to say anything useful, then shut the fuck up.

Seriously, I cannot express enough of how much of a miserable shit you must be to say something like this. It just shows that self-satisfaction is more important to you than a human life. Asshole.
Fuck off you sanctimonious piece of shit. Do you know how many friends I have had kill themselves, fucking SIX. Do you know how many of those six announced it to anyone? Fucking ZERO.

I have had friends that actually talk about killing themselves, none of them have ever done it. None of them were ever serious about it and they were all just drama queen attention grabbing moments.

You know why I call people on their bullshit, because it is dickheads like this guy that make us overlook the people with REAL fucking problems you fuck. All their attention grabbing makes the people that truly feel lost and suicidal feel even more so because white knights like you fawn all over the attention grabbers while the people that need it the most are left feeling even more ignored and alone.

You can go fuck yourself.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Havok wrote:You know why I call people on their bullshit, because it is dickheads like this guy that make us overlook the people with REAL fucking problems you fuck. All their attention grabbing makes the people that truly feel lost and suicidal feel even more so because white knights like you fawn all over the attention grabbers while the people that need it the most are left feeling even more ignored and alone.

Actually no, you are the reason why people like me keep their mouths shut.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Really? Are you posting threads about getting prostitutes in ARSE and then asking how to maybe kill yourself possibly even though you don't think you can actually do it in Off Topic? If that is you Soontir, then good, keep your fucking mouth shut.

Or you can try looking at the context this douchebag has placed himself in.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Soontir C'boath
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

People contemplating suicide aren't usually in the best of mind, but hey let's just treat them like drunk people.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
CaptHawkeye
Sith Devotee

Post by CaptHawkeye »

So people are jumping on Hav for pointing out a very real trend amongst suicide threats while Falcon gets off free for playing off the emotional stress and loss of actual suicide for attention?

I admit I didn't think about that at the start of the thread either, but Falcon's behavior is totally consistent with obsessive attention seeking. What's really fucked up is that if it's true, then he's just playing off people's fears for his own selfish desires.
Best care anywhere.
Soontir C'boath

I don't know whether he's an attention whore or not. Unfortunately this is the internet and unless anyone here knows him personally, there's not much to do but tell him to get help, which several of us have.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Soontir C'boath wrote:I don't know whether he's an attention whore or not. Unfortunately this is the internet and unless anyone here knows him personally, there's not much to do but tell him to get help, which several of us have.
Good, then I have the other end covered, and I am not going to apologize for it one fucking bit.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
darth_timon
Padawan Learner

Post by darth_timon »

I don't think it is a good idea to trivialize any cry for help like this. It should be taken seriously unless proven to be nothing more than attention-seeking.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

If someone were actually serious about committing suicide, there's literally hundreds of pages out there on the internet they could probably find to show them what they needed to do. I've had friends that survived attempts (before I met them) and according to them they just used the most convenient method at hand, including razors and a noose.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

What actual benefit does declaring something like this attention seeking actually create? Even if it is attention seeking, if people make sure to respond well in these cases, then those who are actually crying out for help won't worry so much about being seen as an attention seeker. If you don't "overlook" anything, even stuff that seems blatantly fake, then it's just going to do good for those who do need help.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

I don't give a flying fuck if this was attention seeking or legit. It was an obvious cry for help from someone who is very mush depressed.

Hav, kindly fuck off. So you've had friends who committed suicide. That doesn't make you an expert.

The moderators will deal with the situation as needed. We've already flushed a highly offensive post beyond the HOS. Don't tread in these waters right now. If you have serious advice, give it. "I think he's lying" isn't helpful in this circumstance.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

Havok wrote:.
Fuck off you sanctimonious piece of shit. Do you know how many friends I have had kill themselves, fucking SIX. Do you know how many of those six announced it to anyone? Fucking ZERO.

I have had friends that actually talk about killing themselves, none of them have ever done it. None of them were ever serious about it and they were all just drama queen attention grabbing moments.

You know why I call people on their bullshit, because it is dickheads like this guy that make us overlook the people with REAL fucking problems you fuck. All their attention grabbing makes the people that truly feel lost and suicidal feel even more so because white knights like you fawn all over the attention grabbers while the people that need it the most are left feeling even more ignored and alone.

http://main.uab.edu/Sites/students/life ... ces/67070/
People who talk about suicide are just trying to get attention.

Never assume that someone just wants attention, or is "threatening" suicide. People who commit suicide usually talk about it first. They are in pain and often reach out for help because they do not know what to do and have lost hope.
All suicide attempts must be treated as though the person has the intent to die. Your attention may well save a life. Always take talk about suicide seriously. Always.
Dr. Van Nuys asks Dr. Joiner to talk about the warning signs that suicide may be of concern. Dr. Joiner reports that the best predictive signs are often fairly clear but overlooked until hindsight provides the necessary context for interpreting them properly. People are at risk for suicide when they communicate about their desire to end their lives or to kill themselves. Other warning signs include dramatic mood changes, the combination of agitation and insomnia/sleeplessness, and the giving away of prized possessions.
http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_doc. ... c&id=29060

You do realize you are coming off as a big idiot, right?
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

CaptHawkeye wrote:So people are jumping on Hav for pointing out a very real trend amongst suicide threats while Falcon gets off free for playing off the emotional stress and loss of actual suicide for attention?

I admit I didn't think about that at the start of the thread either, but Falcon's behavior is totally consistent with obsessive attention seeking. What's really fucked up is that if it's true, then he's just playing off people's fears for his own selfish desires.
The 'trend' he is stating is make believe, most suicidal people talk about it or indicate it. It doesn't come out of the blue.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

Havok wrote: Fuck off you sanctimonious piece of shit. Do you know how many friends I have had kill themselves, fucking SIX. Do you know how many of those six announced it to anyone? Fucking ZERO.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency ... 001554.htm
Symptoms

Often, but not always, a person may show certain symptoms or behaviors before a suicide attempt, including:

Having trouble concentrating or thinking clearly
Giving away belongings
Talking about going away or the need to "get my affairs in order"
Suddenly changing behavior, especially calmness after a period of anxiety
Losing interest in activities they used to enjoy
Performing self-destructive behaviors, such as heavily drinking alcohol, using illegal drugs, or cutting their body
Pulling away from friends or not wanting to go out
Suddenly having trouble in school or work
Talking about death or suicide, or even saying that they want to hurt themselves
Talking about feeling hopeless or guilty
Changing sleep or eating habits
Arranging ways to take their own life (such as buying a gun or many pills)
Seriously Havok. Go fuck yourself.

Not believing him is one thing. Suggesting that people who talk about committing suicide don't really mean it is another.
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
The Kernel
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Kernel »

Alyeska wrote:I don't give a flying fuck if this was attention seeking or legit. It was an obvious cry for help from someone who is very mush depressed.

Hav, kindly fuck off. So you've had friends who committed suicide. That doesn't make you an expert.

The moderators will deal with the situation as needed. We've already flushed a highly offensive post beyond the HOS. Don't tread in these waters right now. If you have serious advice, give it. "I think he's lying" isn't helpful in this circumstance.
I gave a suggestion privately to a mod but I guess it's not being considered so I will repeat it here: Ban Lord Falcon and hand this thread over to law enforcement in his county.

This may sound cold but if he's just attention whoring then he deserves to be banned and if he isn't then it is a really bad idea for people here to try Internet diagnosing him with no training. It's the only solution that makes sense and leaving this thread open in plain site just seems like asking for trouble on the off chance he is serious.
ryacko
Padawan Learner

Post by ryacko »

Hasn't lord falcon stopped posting?
If you keep posting to this thread, what if that is what he really wants?

What do we know?
Any doctors here? Shrinks? Any?
Suffering from the diminishing marginal utility of wealth.
The Kernel
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Kernel »

AP and PainRack? Do you know why those excerpts are written that way? Hint: it has to do with liability not likelihood of someone to kill themselves.

Ever been to a therapist? First thing they will tell you is that they have to call the police in certain circumstances regardless of personal opinion. This is actually to shield THEM not you, and is mandated as a condition of their malpractice insurance.
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Well, other people already told Hav to fuck off again, so I won't respond to him anymore, but I hope he either rethinks the incredible depths of his assholery or at least keeps it to his smug self from now on.

Anyway,
The Kernel wrote:AP and PainRack? Do you know why those excerpts are written that way? Hint: it has to do with liability not likelihood of someone to kill themselves.

Ever been to a therapist? First thing they will tell you is that they have to call the police in certain circumstances regardless of personal opinion. This is actually to shield THEM not you, and is mandated as a condition of their malpractice insurance.
I'm not really sure what your point is. You're not completely wrong, but I don't see how it even addresses their arguments. Unless you are claiming that the only reason anybody ever pays attention to suicide threats is liability, and not because they think the person might do it?

Anyway, Lord Falcon doesn't seem to have posted since the OP, which is worrisome. The mods might be able to see if he has logged in and not posted more recently.
Losonti Tokash
Sith Devotee

Post by Losonti Tokash »

He was on yesterday morning. You can see on his profile page.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

As someone who has tried to commit suicide, Hav is kinda right. I mean not totally right, but kinda right. So The "Raaar Hav is a dick" brigade can all fuck themselves as far as I'm concerned. Because especially with Lord Falcon, who is just a garden variety troll...
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Flagg wrote:As someone who has tried to commit suicide, Hav is kinda right. I mean not totally right, but kinda right. So The "Raaar Hav is a dick" brigade can all fuck themselves as far as I'm concerned. Because especially with Lord Falcon, who is just a garden variety troll...
Speaking as someone who's also tried to commit suicide, I think it's a bad idea to generalize people who do one way or another. Some people will talk about it first. Other people won't. Even if nine times out of ten it's the latter (and I have no idea what the actual numbers are off the top of my head) it's a bad fucking thing if you make that sort of assumption about number ten.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Ralin wrote:
Flagg wrote:As someone who has tried to commit suicide, Hav is kinda right. I mean not totally right, but kinda right. So The "Raaar Hav is a dick" brigade can all fuck themselves as far as I'm concerned. Because especially with Lord Falcon, who is just a garden variety troll...
Speaking as someone who's also tried to commit suicide, I think it's a bad idea to generalize people who do one way or another. Some people will talk about it first. Other people won't. Even if nine times out of ten it's the latter (and I have no idea what the actual numbers are off the top of my head) it's a bad fucking thing if you make that sort of assumption about number ten.
I agree if it's done in a vaccuum. But the fact that obvious troll is trolling, and plenty of information to help if he's actually suicidal has been posted, I don't see the harm in Hav calling him on his bullshit. Though I agree that not everyone who says "I wanna kill myself" has no intention of doing so.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

Flagg wrote:I agree if it's done in a vaccuum. But the fact that obvious troll is trolling, and plenty of information to help if he's actually suicidal has been posted, I don't see the harm in Hav calling him on his bullshit.
It doesn't accomplish much good and could help lead to others having more difficulty reaching out for help for fear that they too will be just dismissed as attention seeking. If a person's already driven that deeply into hopelessness, then every potential roadblock removed is a big help.

If you feel there's good evidence that someone isn't planning on going through with it you don't have to drop everything to help them of course, but actively attacking them is just going to make things worse for others as well.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Can everyone just chill out? If the guy was trolling, then gratz, mission accomplished. If he wasn't, then I don't think this shit is helping.
Dr Roberts
Padawan Learner

Post by Dr Roberts »

Is this the same guy who posted "Does this make me Bi?" and "Should I use a prostitute."?
Have Computer/Virus/Malware etc. problems or questions feel free to PM me.