How do I commit suicide?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Lord Falcon
Padawan Learner

How do I commit suicide?

Post by Lord Falcon »

I want my suffering to end. I want to die. But I just can't bring myself to end my life. How do I do it? Am I a coward for wanting to live?
Iron Bridge
Youngling

Re: How do I commit suicide?

Post by Iron Bridge »

imo you should definitely get a prostitute.
Lord Falcon
Padawan Learner

Post by Lord Falcon »

It's not just that, it's everything...
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Sounds like you need someone to talk to so I suggest if you're in the US, you should call 1-800-273-TALK

It's a suicide hotline and if that doesn't work for where you are, I suggest you look it up in your country.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

I'm nobody to say anything to you, but it can't be as bad as all that. Things are rough, and you're feeling down about your situation at the moment, but this too shall pass. Call the number that Soontir is recommending and let them try to help you or if that doesn't seem like enough check yourself into emergency and let them get you some help. Whatever has you at this low point can't last forever and if you can get through this you'll be glad for hanging in there.
Lord Falcon
Padawan Learner

Post by Lord Falcon »

Like I said, I don't think I could ever take my life. But I want to die so badly. I hate myself. I'm so fat and ugly. I keep alienating everyone I talk to. And I just hate the world and everyone in it. The planet would be a happier place without me...
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

1-800-273-8255
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

I've mentioned this before, but you really should see a therapist. You're in a major city so it should be fairly easy to find one you can get to, and making an effort to utilise their services can really help improve your mental well-being. There's a path here (one of many) that will help you stop hating yourself so much and feel much more able to contribute, both of which should help with your pain.
SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.

Post by SCRawl »

I have no mod powers for this sub-forum, but the time for making snide comments is over. This is not something about which I'm prepared to allow jokes.

Lord Falcon, if you are having actual suicidal thoughts, stop posting here and get hold of a medical professional. This is a medical emergency, treat it as such.
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Snide comments by little WWII japanese propaganda poster Aerius edited out. Anybody else makes snide comments will get banned.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

There are so many things I want to say, but I'll respect Thanas and the sanctity of life and just say this: Get out, dude. Get the fuck out of here. No one's buying it anymore. If you're not just yanking chains, get a phonebook or goto google and get some fucking help.

In fact, since I'm being generous and kind this holiday season: http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Falcon: I hate this time of year. Christmas makes me want to kill myself more than any other time, mostly because it's when my ex plays the most cruel games with access to my children, and the heartache feels unbearable. I actually admitted myself to hospital the other night with symptoms of an impending heart attack, but blood work and x-rays determined that I'm merely under a great deal of emotional stress. They ordered me to see my GP and talk about it on Monday.

Here's the conundrum for me. Because of dealing with Her, I think suicidal thoughts. Because of the children, I don't dare, because they need me. But if not for them, I wouldn't have to deal with Her.

So yes, it sucks... But think of the people in your life that need you. It might be hard, but they exist. They'd be hurt by your death. Keep on trucking, mate.
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
ryacko
Padawan Learner

Post by ryacko »

Lord Falcon wrote:I want my suffering to end. I want to die. But I just can't bring myself to end my life. How do I do it? Am I a coward for wanting to live?
I'm not quite sure what you're asking here, but I can say that it takes a lot of courage to live your life.
Suffering from the diminishing marginal utility of wealth.
Atrac
Redshirt

Post by Atrac »

ryacko wrote:
Lord Falcon wrote:I want my suffering to end. I want to die. But I just can't bring myself to end my life. How do I do it? Am I a coward for wanting to live?
I'm not quite sure what you're asking here, but I can say that it takes a lot of courage to live your life.
QFT. You should contact a suicide hotline, and maybe a therapist, so that you can talk to someone about your current situation.

There are a lot of people who can help you and are willing to do so.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

In the off-chance you're actually genuinely honest-to-god in trouble and contemplating suicide, I'll give you the only piece of advice that is worth a damn: talk to someone.

It may not work, but you owe it to yourself to try.
Zaune
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zaune »

Failing that, don't use paracetamol. It hurts like hell even when you don't take enough of it to be fatal.
There are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot easily be duplicated by a normal kindly family man who just comes in to work every day and has a job to do.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)

Replace "ginger" with "n*gger," and suddenly it become a lot less funny, doesn't it?
-- fgalkin

Like my writing? Tip me on Patreon

I Have A Blog
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

Look.. I know how it can feel to be... down and just wanting to end it all....... Get help.

It doesn't have to be a therapist. It doesn't have to be a doctor, sometimes, a friend will do..... Fuck, even the internet.......
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

What exactly is your suffering?
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Dr Roberts
Padawan Learner

Post by Dr Roberts »

Suicide is stupid, don't do it. Try moving and make a new life for yourself. Becoming a rotten Corpse buried in the ground so early really isn't any better than your "suffering"
Have Computer/Virus/Malware etc. problems or questions feel free to PM me.
CaptHawkeye
Sith Devotee

Post by CaptHawkeye »

Havok wrote:What exactly is your suffering?
I think it's self loathing. He's convinced that because he's fat and ugly (in his own opinion) he thinks about ending his life.

Except that won't end your suffering Falcon, you'll just be buried with it. I don't think you want that. So consider finding someone to talk to your first step in rebuilding your self image. Just by doing that you'll improve yourself a lot. Death on the other hand, improves nothing.
Best care anywhere.
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

Dr Roberts wrote:Suicide is stupid, don't do it. Try moving and make a new life for yourself. Becoming a rotten Corpse buried in the ground so early really isn't any better than your "suffering"
Trivialising someone's pain isn't exactly going to help if they're suicidal. Are you thinking putting it in quotes is going to have him have an epiphany and snap out of it all? Someone in that state's most likely reaction is to feel worse by the idea that they have no reason to feel the pain that they do, which just aggravates the whole situation.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

He isn't suicidal. He is looking for attention.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

Havok wrote:He isn't suicidal. He is looking for attention.
How do you know that? In fact, all the suicide prevention things that I've seen says that assuming or saying that is what someone is merely doing when they are talking about suicide is wrong.

OP if you are worried about being fat just lose the weight and stop eating so much. Keep yourself and your mind occupied with hobbies such as education and make it your goal to achieve and prove that you are better than what everyone else expects in everything you do. That's what I do anyway.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Havok wrote:He isn't suicidal. He is looking for attention.
:finger:

Go fuck yourself. Seriously. Do you have any idea how many lives are wasted because of morons saying or thinking like this? This is exactly like knowing somebody that shoots up heroin 5 times a day but dismissing attempts to intervene that the whole thing is no big deal. Even if you're right, what's the point of fucking saying it? If you are wrong, this kind of attitude will just make things significantly worse, but if you're right it does absolutely nothing but give you smug satisfaction. It never helps to say this, but in the vast majority of cases it will seriously hurt. If you don't want to say anything useful, then shut the fuck up.

Seriously, I cannot express enough of how much of a miserable shit you must be to say something like this. It just shows that self-satisfaction is more important to you than a human life. Asshole.
Dr Roberts
Padawan Learner

Post by Dr Roberts »

It seems strange that he starts off posting about whether or not he should have a prostitute and then all of a sudden wants to kill himself. Finally why would you announce your wanting to commit Suicide on a Board made for Star Wars Vs Star Trek discussions?

Dude, if you genuinely are suicidal, go seek help from professional mental health experts.
Have Computer/Virus/Malware etc. problems or questions feel free to PM me.