Entire Hobbit soundtrack available before release

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Entire Hobbit soundtrack available before release

Post by Soontir C'boath »

The catch? You cannot choose or skip the tracks you want to listen and must go through it in its entirety. Trying to will send you back to the beginning. Only thing you get is a pause button. Music widget is in the link.
Empire Online wrote:Yesterday Peter Jackson and team unveiled Neil Finn's song from The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Today, we have the full soundtrack for your listening pleasure, and it's embedded below. Listen, enjoy and get a taste of what we're in for come December 13 when the film hits screens.

Howard Shore is the composer here, building on his own work from The Lord Of The Rings trilogy. You'll hear very specific echoes of elements from that work throughout the whole album, giving this a clear link to our first adventures in Middle-earth, but there are new themes here for the new characters too.

Unfortunately, because of copyright concerns, this widget doesn't allow you to skip from track to track, but you can listen to the full thing here, which we think is worth that slight inconvenience.

This soundtrack will be available to buy on December 10 in a regular and deluxe edition from all good retailers both physical and digital, and you can pre-order it at the link above. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey of course hits cinemas on December 13, and you can read all about it in the current issue of Empire, either in all good newsagents or on the iPad edition or US iPad edition.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Eframepilot
Jedi Master

Re: Entire Hobbit soundtrack available before release

Post by Eframepilot »

I was about 90% or more through when I paused it and then lost my place when I started it again. Oh well.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

I wonder if they realize that putting it out in this gimped form will actually encourage people to pirate it?
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
fordlltwm
Padawan Learner

Post by fordlltwm »

General Zod wrote:I wonder if they realize that putting it out in this gimped form will actually encourage people to pirate it?

My thoughts as well.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

dammit....
"This Stream No Longer Available"
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Looks like someone already has a link to a pirated form in the comments. What the logic of placing this online was in a manner calculated to annoy people as noted, I dunno.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

I just listened to it on YouTube. Neat stuff. It's obviously quite familiar but new in its own way.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.