Battlemechs vs Tsarists (Not a RAR!)

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Zor
Sith Acolyte

Battlemechs vs Tsarists (Not a RAR!)

Post by Zor »

HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/ind
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/tra
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Re: Battlemechs vs Tsarists (Not a RAR!)

Post by fgalkin »

Wait, you mean to tell me that the cruiser Avrora does not transform into a giant stompy bourgeois-killing mech?

They've lied to me!

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

If you don't get a laugh out of this, your dead.
my dead what?

I find this question particularly relevant. Since this isn't funny.
lord Martiya
Jedi Master

Post by lord Martiya »

A Zentradi scout! Now I wonder: why did they wait so long before attacking?
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Nope, a Btech Battlemech. That's how it's identified, anyway, which makes it funnier: Because the person who operated one of those as her very first Mech was Natasha Kerensky. Kerensky. The connection between that name and a certain hapless individual in those events is particularly hilarious.

Granted, it is one of the so-called "lost mechs" so... you're also right.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:Nope, a Btech Battlemech.
It's one of the totally properly licensed honest (maybe) Macross designs (a Glaug, the boss version of the bad guy robits).

I fully expect the next we shall hear of this is when Harmony Gold pipe up with a cease and desist.
LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

That's a Marauder, with the turreted AK5. May absolute favourite mech in the game, once you chop the thing off and install a heavy laser, instead...
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

If only it could fly like a Glaug? Comparing Btech performance to Macross performance is pretty funny stuff. Steal the art but for god sakes slow it down and glue it to the floor!
Masami von Weizegger
Padawan Learner

Post by Masami von Weizegger »

It reminds me of the opening for the PS2 game Ring of Red:

Although as far as I'm aware, that video has been not been used as a source for exams in Australia or elsewhere. :lol:
"That a man might embiggen his soul"
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Man, Ring of Red was a pretty sweet robit game. Pity it's so ancient and terrible looking (PS2 launch game) that no-one will ever reissue it.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

It was really just the 3-unit combat that was cool; the 'strategy' bits were just Front Mission Olden Days. It was a shame they didn't have a broader variety of robits, too, but I guess making models cost more in 1999.
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Well yeah.

Though I do remember the robits falling over and exploding being quite satisfying as well, it was just good animation enabled by the fixed combat plane, but it did give a good impression that it was the force of the shell hit that flattened them.

Actually, having this type of Old And Clompy robits would be a good way to what we were talking about last night, a version of World of Tanks where everything isn't a box with a gun on top and there's more scope for visual variation*, but it's not all the laser and missile spam (and inevitable brokenness due to no-one ever making a balanced game with mechlab style building ever) of Mechwarrior.

*Y'know, apart from early tiers which are all old designs that were completely batshit insane in retrospect.