The Girl Genius Thread

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Re: The Girl Genius Thread

Post by Zixinus »

The guy does come across as a blowhard. I wonder whether he is even a spark at all.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I don't think it's the same Dreen busting up his giant robot as the one he seems to have landed on.

The one that does the breaking still has its hat on.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

So thats what the Bloodstone Paladins look like. Why are the Knights of Jove sworn to the Heterodyne again?
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
ryacko
Padawan Learner

Post by ryacko »

Zixinus wrote:The guy does come across as a blowhard. I wonder whether he is even a spark at all.
Isn't that the sole metric of being a spark?
Suffering from the diminishing marginal utility of wealth.
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

Wonderful, we really need more minor characters running around at this point. Now is Tweedle really the clueless patsy he seems at first glance, or is all that happens a part of HIS master plan?
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:So thats what the Bloodstone Paladins look like. Why are the Knights of Jove sworn to the Heterodyne again?
They were involved in the plot behind Pinky's attempt to take over the town. IE, they came expecting Zola, and the plans haven't changed all that much yet.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

It all goes back to the Story (myth/legend) of the Storm King and the Heterodyne Princess. We've not found out exactly what happened in the story, but the Opera based on it says they were in love, their marriage would unite Europe under one House, and someone stole the Heterodyne away before the marriage. Since the Muse of Protection was in The Castle, it seems some of it is true.

Right now, the Aristocrats are angry at a "mere Baron" keeping them in their place, holding their families hostage, stopping them from killing each other, and not giving them their Fair Due. They *want* a KING (who they can try up in rules, intrigues, and other diversions while the Aristocrats go about their merry way). Play off the peasant's love for legendary heros and True Love(tm), and Europe falls back into the Good Old Days of Aristocratic Feudal Rule.

Of course, the problem is Wulfenbach is NOT dead, and the Heterodyne Girl is being quite troublesome by not falling into her role. Tarvek, the Chosen Storm King, was captured at Sturmhaven and presumed dead. Thus, the Knights of Jove have been forced to move openly for the first time in generations.

Now, the REAL QUESTION is what side is the Abbess on?!

PS: Tweedle was mentioned in passing by Tarvek several months (years?) ago as one of the worst choices to take his place as StormKing.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
ryacko
Padawan Learner

Post by ryacko »

Don't quite understand what religion the Abbess is under, but I assume that the Lady Heterodyne has the final authority, and I hope she will decide.

Gil was mentioned with "your highness" as a title while the Baron was MIA. Wonder if he's the storm king.

I find it a bit odd that Tarvek has still forgotten to mention that the Baron has been wasped.
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

anyone else noticed the new graphic included in the random roster on the site (that you click on to go to the comic proper?)

it shows agatha hetrodying it up on a big organ looking thing...

I wonder if we're going to see the castle's awakening fuge...
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Dass.Kapital
Padawan Learner

Post by Dass.Kapital »

ryacko wrote:I find it a bit odd that Tarvek has still forgotten to mention that the Baron has been wasped.
Well...they are kind of really busy.

There never seems to have been a time when Tarvek might have been in a position to whisper the secret to which ever of the pair we would confide in.

Which brings up another point. Who, exactly, can he tell?

Gill? His arch rival?

Or

Agatha? Who he knows actually HAS a version of The Other lodged in her head and only kept at bay via the repaired locket.

This isn't to say he hasn't already started to do something sneaky. Where did all the loosed weasels and the baby weasels get to, any way?
Highlord Laan wrote:Agatha Heterodyne built a squadron of flying pigs and an overgunned robot reindeer in a cave! With a box of scraps!
"And low, I have cometh, the destroyer of threads."
tortieconspiracy
Youngling

Post by tortieconspiracy »

Dass.Kapital wrote:
ryacko wrote:I find it a bit odd that Tarvek has still forgotten to mention that the Baron has been wasped.
Well...they are kind of really busy.

There never seems to have been a time when Tarvek might have been in a position to whisper the secret to which ever of the pair we would confide in.

Which brings up another point. Who, exactly, can he tell?

Gill? His arch rival?
Well, except that he's already explained the matter to Gil because he was there while Phil was boring people to death telling Gil the Baron's story. He's the one who got the symbolism. It's still not clear whether or not he overheard Zola being shocked that Lucrezia managed the trick, but at this point, it no longer matters. He still hasn't mentioned it to Agatha though.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Maddoctor, that's a scene from Strumhaven, where she activated the circus caravans to fight the Baron.

Agatha fully expects Tweedle to be trouble. Hopefully he can be of some distraction while she powers up the Castle

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

oh, nuts. i like my mad scientist organ fuges...
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

madd0ct0r wrote:oh, nuts. i like my mad scientist organ fuges...
Go reread the Sturmhaven arc, where she commanded a small army of robots, previously a circus caravan, with her organ music.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
tortieconspiracy
Youngling

Post by tortieconspiracy »

Does one get the impression that the Knights of Jove, etc. think Agatha is Zola?
ryacko
Padawan Learner

Post by ryacko »

tortieconspiracy wrote:Does one get the impression that the Knights of Jove, etc. think Agatha is Zola?
Maybe they didn't expect the real Heterodyne to arrive.

I also think that the conspiracy poisoned Tarvek with Resplendent Immolation when he was arrested at the hospital.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

FaxModem1 wrote:No, the castle needs a spark, as in a spark of electricity to jump start it's systems.
Called it.
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

When in doubt... Harness LIGHTNING!
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

"Kids these days... Don't even recognize their Heterodyne..."

LaCroix
Sith Acolyte

Post by LaCroix »

"Me and my big mouth..."
Continuous mantra of Lady Heterodyne's NOT chief minion...
A minute's thought suggests that the very idea of this is stupid. A more detailed examination raises the possibility that it might be an answer to the question "how could the Germans win the war after the US gets involved?" - Captain Seafort, in a thread proposing a 1942 'D-Day' in Quiberon Bay

I do archery skeet. With a Trebuchet.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Piracy would be the safer choice for all of them now.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I fear to see what she creates by the time she reaches the tower.

Dass.Kapital
Padawan Learner

Post by Dass.Kapital »

I am also wondering where all of her little, self replicating clanks have gotten to.
Highlord Laan wrote:Agatha Heterodyne built a squadron of flying pigs and an overgunned robot reindeer in a cave! With a box of scraps!
"And low, I have cometh, the destroyer of threads."
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Dass.Kapital wrote:I am also wondering where all of her little, self replicating clanks have gotten to.
:shock:
oh. oh dear. how did we forget about them. Oh. Dear. Gods. what have they been BUILDING??!!?! :shock:

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

worse there's two tribes of them, how bad is the arms race up to now....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin