NFL 2012

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Re: NFL 2012

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Elfdart wrote:
Col. Crackpot wrote: This toolbag will never give Payton the kind of control he would want. Bill Parcells was the only coach who had any sort of real power in Dallas since Jerry made himself GM for life. And only because, well... Bill fucking Parcells.
Jerry runs in cycles. When the team sucks he'll bring in a real coach and allow him to coach the team. That is, until the team becomes good again -at which point he'll get rid of the coach and bring in a stooge who obeys Jerry's orders, no matter how idiotic.
I don't know. He's getting old. I think he may be one or two bad seasons away from going full on Al Davis.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

EDIT: Especially as that was his second-best game of the season, statistically. Instead of coughing the ball up a half dozen times, his two risky throws were either dropped or negated by penalty.

I think my favorite part of this column is Aaron Rodger's rage every time Russel Wilson pipes up.
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

I enjoyed that game, even if the Saints occasionally appeared to decide that, fuck it, they weren't going to play defense anymore. Vick just got hammered, particularly in the first quarter - what is that guy made of?

EDIT: Damn it, why do I always forget to watch the Cowboys games when they're on network TV in my area? By all accounts, watching Romo is rather entertaining.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Looks like Chucky may be going to the Eagles. With his success rate with over the hill QB's, I wonder if he can polish that turd Vick enough to get him another SB ring? That's assuming Vick outlasts Reid.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Saw this on NFL.com. Maybe the Raiders can pick her up. :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Falkenhayn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Falkenhayn »

500 yards of offense and 31 points against New England. Who could lose, you ask. But you know the answer.
Many thanks! These darned computers always screw me up. I calculated my first death-toll using a hand-cranked adding machine (we actually calculated the average mortality in each city block individually). Ah, those were the days.
-Stuart
"Mix'em up. I'm tired of States' Rights."
-Gen. George Thomas, Union Army of the Cumberland
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

The Bungles beat the Giants. How the fuck did this happen?
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

The Bangles are pretty good and the Giants are inconsistent.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Man I'd feel bad for Elfdart if it hadn't been Tampa that raped the Chargers. I was wrong about Schiano, I guess.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Well, I don't think the Chargers were going to win the Superbowl this year, so if they made the playoffs, they would have lost but Norv and Smith would have survived one more year. At least this way, Norv is almost assuredly gone and possibly Smith.

Oh and maybe Rivers :lol:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

You've got to be kidding me.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

WOW! What a fucking break.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

UGH!
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

:|

... :|
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

What a kick in the balls this season has turned out to be! :banghead:

Used to be, I'd sport a woody at the news that someone had just run up the score on the Raiders but thanks to AJ, Norv and Marmalard I can't even gloat properly.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

A Tie? I hate ties.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Man... ties suck. The lack of the win could hurt, but the lack of the loss could help. Gah.

And fuck. Going against the Bears without Smith is going to be rough. Kaepernick is definitely talented and I really like his arm more than Smith's and obviously his speed, but he is still the backup. The plus side, Cutler may not play either.

If this match-up ends up Kaepernick Vs Cambell it would be a weird look at what the Bay Area would have been had Jason hadn't been injured and Alex had faltered last year.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

Well, here the Steelers go on Monday night vs. the 1-7 KC Chiefs. Let's see how my home team manages to embarrass itself this week.
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

That was good and I like Wilson showing up right at the end.

I also liked the stuff with the coaches.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

"Shut your communion wafer hole" :lol:
Belichick getting in that las "LOL" is markably appropriate feeling.

I do have to admit, the cleverness has been lost and replaced by just dick and fart insults too much.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Only in the fucking NFL, a TEAM SPORT, are individual celebrations allowed and group celebrations penalized. So fucking stupid.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Fucking Chiefs.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

Havok wrote:"Shut your communion wafer hole" :lol:
Belichick getting in that las "LOL" is markably appropriate feeling.

I do have to admit, the cleverness has been lost and replaced by just dick and fart insults too much.
It goes up and down in quality. I still think my favorite one is the one with Roger Goodell in it.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

Can't fucking believe they had to go to overtime to put away the Chiefs, for fuck's sake. It's the CHIEFS.

Sigh. At least they won.