My Little Pony

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Bright
Padawan Learner

Re: My Little Pony

Post by Bright »

We know there are continents overseas, since that's where the arrows indicate griffons and dragons live. And personally, I'm content to assume that not every settlement in Equestria is marked on the map. Trottington probably isn't big/important enough to include.
LadyTevar wrote:
Bright wrote:I recently discovered that someone has actually drawn bona fide fan art for my fan fic. Here it is. :lol:
I have read it. I highly approve, and want to ask why this hasn't been copied over to SDnet's fanfics.
Thank you. And in truth, the thought had briefly crossed by head, but I figured a pure-MLPFIM fic would be a little out of place here. Plus, it would give me a third location to post it every update, and that's quite a lot of bother.
Also, how long til Chapter 11? *must read, must read*
Um... :oops:
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

So, since this seems to have sparked little interest...
Spoiler
What exactly you guys think Twilight can fail that horribly?
SpaceMarine93
Jedi Knight

Post by SpaceMarine93 »

Ladies and gentleman, a preview video of the Season 3 Opening two-parter had been leaked into the internet. Hope the link works:

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=946725347899
Life sucks and is probably meaningless, but that doesn't mean there's no reason to be good.

--- The Anti-Nihilist view in short.
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

How exactly is posting something on official page "leak"? :|

Also, new ponies have a lot of weapons as talents, hmm.
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Revy wrote:Correct. It was the entire point behind Lesson Zero - if your friend has a major concern, you should actually listen to her rather than ignoring her and letting the shit really hit the fan. Guess what? If they actually had learned Lesson Zero as they claimed, they would have listened to Twilight and may have prevented the attack altogether. Instead they repeated the same mistake as they made in Lesson Zero, ignoring Twilight's concerns, and it blew up in their faces. Again. Idiots.
Sorry for the very late reply, but by the time I got my thoughts together I'd forgotten this.

I'm not saying that the other ponies shouldn't have listened to Twilight and taken her concerns seriously, but the bad writing applies to her too. She could have done a much, much better job of conveying why she was suspicious of Cadence than publicly accusing her with no real proof other than her say-so. So the idiot ball was being held by pretty much everyone in that episode.
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

Ralin wrote:I'm not saying that the other ponies shouldn't have listened to Twilight and taken her concerns seriously, but the bad writing applies to her too. She could have done a much, much better job of conveying why she was suspicious of Cadence than publicly accusing her with no real proof other than her say-so. So the idiot ball was being held by pretty much everyone in that episode.
As I said in reply to that post, after two episodes where Twilight's concerns almost ended in tragedy and no episodes where she saved the day, yeah, listening to Twi would have been stupid.

Also, apparently not only there are night vision goggles in Equestria, there are 3 ponies with weapons as marks in above trailer and everyone seems to know what 'spy' is 8)
Xess
Jedi Knight

Post by Xess »

To be fair, the ponies with bow cutie marks need not be soldiers but could be recreational archers. That said I can't rationalize away Pinky Spy. :lol:
Image[
Wing Commander MAD
Jedi Knight

Post by Wing Commander MAD »

FYI, Season 3 starts Saturday Nov 10, 2012 at 10:00 AM EST.
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

So there is this new trailer:
[Might contain spoilers]
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Might MIGHT?
It's Eight Minutes Long! No way in hell am I clicking on it >_<

Eh... MUST RESIST SPOILERS!!!
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

woah. celestia can touch the dark side...
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

That's not a trailer, that's the 1st act of the 1st episode of season 3. I don't think that counts as "spoilers".
KlavoHunter
Jedi Master

Post by KlavoHunter »

Dominus Atheos wrote:That's not a trailer, that's the 1st act of the 1st episode of season 3. I don't think that counts as "spoilers".
Actually, it counts as MEGA SPOILERS. Do not, for the love of Celestia, click that unless you want to see the first 8 minutes of the first episode of the season.
"The 4th Earl of Hereford led the fight on the bridge, but he and his men were caught in the arrow fire. Then one of de Harclay's pikemen, concealed beneath the bridge, thrust upwards between the planks and skewered the Earl of Hereford through the anus, twisting the head of the iron pike into his intestines. His dying screams turned the advance into a panic."'

SDNW4: The Sultanate of Klavostan
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

I tried to be strong, but I couldn't. For those who want to see it, if you've got The Hub On Demand that's the source, for better quality than the YouTube encode.

Anyway I won't post spoilers, but all I can say is that I am excited for the premiere. Just seeing what little I did has my majorly psyched up. The music, the promise of the story, the acting and the visuals (my God the visuals) are just plain awesome.

I fully predict there will be a lot to discuss once this has aired.

Two more weeks is far too long to wait.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:It's Eight Minutes Long! No way in hell am I clicking on it >_<
To be fair, 4 minutes of it is old material, especially show opening that everyone here saw already :wink:
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

since I can't edit previous post - another new trailer here.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Your link posting sucks, dude.

1:14 clip
Spoiler
Shining Armor, NOOOOOO!!!! :(
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

Hey, not my fault Wired doesn't use YT I can embed, and at the time that was the only link :|
madd0ct0r
Sith Acolyte

Post by madd0ct0r »

aww sheet. aht this rate ah'll have seen all the dinnkin episode before it airs.
"Aid, trade, green technology and peace." - Hans Rosling.
"Welcome to SDN, where we can't see the forest because walking into trees repeatedly feels good, bro." - Mr Coffee
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

Oh? Have another trailer then. Whee! :P
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

The bits I've seen make me excited to see the whole thing.

And now less than 24 hours to go!

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Ok, I've moved all the newest posts to the New Thread. New Season, New Thread... should have done this sooner.

This thread locked, please continue with the new thread. Thank you! :luv:
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet