NFL 2012

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Re: NFL 2012

Post by Elfdart »

Havok wrote:So ED, Norv, unless the Chargers make the playoffs, should be gone. So, Andy Reid, Ron Rivera (who I know you wanted previously) or an unknown?
That kinda depends on whether it's just Norv who gets sent to the Tower or if The Lord of No Rings gets the axe too. If it's just Norv and Rivera and/or Chud are available that's about a 90% slam-dunk. Zimmer and Zampese from the Bengals would be great as well. I don't think AJ or any other GM will ever have a staff where the HC does double-duty as OC again. That rules out Mariucci, Reid and Chucky.

I'm also assuming that AJ will pick coaches who will want to keep Rivers and most of the offensive scheme intact.

If it's a totally new GM, who knows? They might purge everyone age 30 and older (including Rivers) and start the entire offense and offensive staff all over again.

Havok wrote:Dude... How the fuck did the Browns hold the Chargers to two field goals? :lol:

I just can't get over that. That is like Raider quality ineptitude.
The two things Norv had going for him was his ability to coach a high-scoring offense and groom QBs. Well the offense hasn't scored a touchdown in six quarters and Rivers is starting to look like Jim Everett during the nadir of his career. Norv is toast. I only hope he can take The Lord of No Rings down with him.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

You know, Skelton doesn't look that bad. He is beating us pretty well when we blitz him and he stands tall in the pocket.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

And would someone tell Gruden there is no 'T' in Goldson.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

I love Chucky, but I've come to the conclusion that he's a moron. Yeah he got the Bucs to the SB, but he did it with Dungy's team, so I dunno man.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

He got the Raiders to the Superbowl too, don't forget that. :lol:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Man, just domination. Love it.

Crabtree went off. Moss showed he still has it. Davis made some plays, Walker looks to be all the way back, Hunter looks just as good as Gore when he spells him and Gore is still just a beast.

Most importantly, they beat a team they were supposed to beat. No let down.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Sephirius
Jedi Master

Post by Sephirius »

Given the recent news from Disney/Lucas...

Some of the comments made me chuckle.
Saying smaller engines are better is like saying you don't want huge muscles because you wouldn't fit through the door. So what? You can bench 500. Fuck doors. - MadCat360
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Havok wrote:You know, Skelton doesn't look that bad. He is beating us pretty well when we blitz him and he stands tall in the pocket.
Neither Skelton nor Kolb are completely horrible, they are better than the QBs that some teams are stuck with. The Cards line is just terrible though. Even when they have all their starters they are pretty bad. It's why they can't really run the ball and that just makes their pass protection even worse because teams don't really have to worry about them running it.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Elfdart wrote:I don't think AJ or any other GM will ever have a staff where the HC does double-duty as OC again. That rules out Mariucci, Reid and Chucky.
Mooch (who I think has been out of football too long) and Reid I agree with... Chucky though.

People have been speculating that this was the job he was waiting for. Also, Chucky knows how to win with veterans, not with young players. He needs guys that are smart and can understand his system. If the team is kept intact, he would be perfect for the Chargers right now. Look for him to bring in some aging wideouts like Moss if he decides to stick around and even someone like Owens (who probably will still be able to play next year). He can call plays and manage a team unlike apparently guys like Rex and Crennell who seem to literally have no input on their offense whatsoever.

He would absolutely love to coach Rivers too. I mean if he can turn Brad Johnson and Rich Gannon into Superbowl caliber QBs, think what he could do with Rivers.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

So the Chargers' line finally blocks, and aside from a boneheaded pick in the end zone, Marmalard was perfect. The defense gets some turnovers and lo and behold -the team actually beats one the NFL's bottomfeeders! Extra props to receivers coach Charlie Joiner for taking two newly-signed receivers who between them have been with the team 14 days total and getting them to play like they've been with the team for years.

Punt returner is now an area of need since risking an All-Pro safety like Weddle returning punts is stupid and he's muffed/fumbled three times in two games.

Norv.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Man, you just are never going to be rid of him. :lol:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Best moment from Thursday night:

The entire O-line for the Chiefs absolutely whiffs while backed up near their own end zone. Jarret Johnson gets an easy sack, forces a fumble that a teammate recovers for an easy TD, then walks over to the sidelines to be congratulated by his teammates...

Then headbutts one of the guys who is not wearing a helmet -right in the face!

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Fucking 18 for 244 and 3TDs... WHY THE FUCK DO YOU TAKE HIM OUT OF THE GAME?!?!?! FUMBLE!!! That's what you get dumb fuck!
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Fucking Carson Palmer. Man.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

The Buccs look really solid though. 4-4 and the way their offense is playing, no one is going to want to play your team Flagg.
Last edited by Havok on 2012-11-04 07:41pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Havok wrote:Fucking Carson Palmer. Man.
He threw it 61 times -inevitably some were going to go to the other team.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Honestly, it still looks like communication problems. There was no run game at all, and I'm surprised the Buccs didn't just drop into Zone and pic off 6 more throws. I mean, going man to man with the Raiders is fucking retarded especially when their fucking fullback can out run your corners. :lol: The shouldn't even have got back in this game. I like Schiano, but he needs to learn this isn't college anymore.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

So far the Bucs have beaten the shit out of two teams that suck, no offense I like the Raiders. I'm liking what I'm seeing, though.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Gawd I hate that stupid Sunday Night Football theme song, but holy shit Faith Hill has some amazing legs.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Terralthra
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Terralthra »

Man, fucking refs. Steelers actually play fairly clean, get penalized for non-existent "hits to the head." Won anyway, but still stupid. Oh, and the free touchdown the refs gave the Giants too, off a "fumble" that was actually an incomplete pass caused by what should have been a penalty for clipping. Brilliant!
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

So Sean Payton's contract has been voided by the NFL, making him available at season's end. Payton lives in DFW, has many connections with the Cowboys, is probably eager to jump off the sinking ship in New Orleans and...

I think Jerry Jones just came in his pants.
houser2112
Padawan Learner

Post by houser2112 »

Terralthra wrote:Man, fucking refs. Steelers actually play fairly clean, get penalized for non-existent "hits to the head." Won anyway, but still stupid. Oh, and the free touchdown the refs gave the Giants too, off a "fumble" that was actually an incomplete pass caused by what should have been a penalty for clipping. Brilliant!
Yeah, that series was embarrassing for me, and would have marred a Giants victory if that came to pass. As it turned out, the Giants embarrassed themselves by managing very little offense the rest of the game.
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

Elfdart wrote:So Sean Payton's contract has been voided by the NFL, making him available at season's end. Payton lives in DFW, has many connections with the Cowboys, is probably eager to jump off the sinking ship in New Orleans and...

I think Jerry Jones just came in his pants.
This toolbag will never give Payton the kind of control he would want. Bill Parcells was the only coach who had any sort of real power in Dallas since Jerry made himself GM for life. And only because, well... Bill fucking Parcells.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Col. Crackpot wrote: This toolbag will never give Payton the kind of control he would want. Bill Parcells was the only coach who had any sort of real power in Dallas since Jerry made himself GM for life. And only because, well... Bill fucking Parcells.
Jerry runs in cycles. When the team sucks he'll bring in a real coach and allow him to coach the team. That is, until the team becomes good again -at which point he'll get rid of the coach and bring in a stooge who obeys Jerry's orders, no matter how idiotic.