Nelphim set loose in (rarish)

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Nelphim set loose in (rarish)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

ok, the bodiless Nelphim (200 fallen angels condemed for having sex with mortals and having children) turn out to be real, Their children via possession are born without souls, cast creepy shadows, don't show up on CCTV, or other cameras, and are superhuman in just about every sense.

now how would the following deal with a sudden influx of Nelphim and their offspring?
Westeroes

Buffyverse

616 Marvel

Movie Marvel

52 DC

Hellboy verse

s

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
SilverWingedSeraph
Jedi Knight

Re: Nelphim set loose in (rarish)

Post by SilverWingedSeraph »

Nephilim. It's Nephilim.

And who the fuck knows? The abilities you described are so loosely defined that this whole thread is pointless. "Superhuman in just about every sense"? What manners aren't they superhuman in? How superhuman are they? Can they fly? Do they have wings, or do they fly magically? Are they like Biblical Nephilim, which are literally giants in excess of thirteen feet tall? If they have superhuman strength, how strong are they, exactly? Wolverine strong? Spiderman strong? Hulk or Superman strong? What about durability? And speed? Can they shoot lightning bolts out of their hands or some shit? 'Cause you didn't tell us any of this shit, so describing or speculating on any encounters between these Nephilim and other established Universes is literally impossible.

Do you see the problems here yet?
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:ok, the bodiless Nelphim (200 fallen angels condemed for having sex with mortals and having children) turn out to be real, Their children via possession are born without souls, cast creepy shadows, don't show up on CCTV, or other cameras, and are superhuman in just about every sense.

now how would the following deal with a sudden influx of Nelphim and their offspring?
What are the goals of the Nephilim? Having sex with a lot of attractive mortals? World conquest? Something in-between?
The Yosemite Bear wrote:Westeroes
Everybody ignores the problem in favor of pursuing personal vendetti and petty power-grabs. Nobody does shit, even if it reaches the level of existential threat, except blame each other.
The Yosemite Bear wrote:Buffyverse
One episode is devoted to Buffy discovering and ending the threat. A sexy nephil-offspring becomes a member of the main cast.
The Yosemite Bear wrote:616 Marvel
Pretty much nothing happens.
The Yosemite Bear wrote:Movie Marvel
Movie Nightcrawler gives a churchy infodump monologue about the Nephilim and their offspring and why they factor into the plot, then goes back to being a useless, mewling hanger-on when he's not assassinating the president.
The Yosemite Bear wrote:52 DC
The Nephilim plotline got retconned.
The Yosemite Bear wrote:Hellboy verse
One episode is devoted to Hellboy discovering and ending the threat. A sexy nephil-offspring becomes a member of the main cast.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Ultonius
Padawan Learner

Post by Ultonius »

In the Bible, the term Nephilim appears to refer to the children of angels and mortal women, not the angels themselves.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

True, the fallen angels don't have bodies themselves (ala fallen) but do possess people it just makes the poor person whose possessed by an angel is in a jacked up situation as short of magic there's little one can do to stop an angel from taking over someone else's body. Though they prefer flesh to flesh contact (like fallen they can possess animals up to 100 yards away...)
so for the terms of this we have 200 angels who can possess others, are intent on causing societal breakdown enough that they can create some where where they can build an empire of sin (hell just head to vegas), and yes have lots of sex and drugs, and bloodshed
The CHILDREN are undefined but start out as low level superhuman and get more powerfull as they get older, (they don't stop growing either so by the time they are in their late 30s they are the 13' tall giants who can put a flaming aura around weapons, and have wings (though how they use them is unknown). <EG they are soulless biblical half angels, they can be discerned by their creepy shadows, and being definatly off by most standards, by creepy shadows, looks different then they do, and are much more animate (think the coppala version of dracula))Also like some vampires the half angels don't show up on cameras, mirrors, CCTV, etc.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Eulogy
Jedi Knight

Post by Eulogy »

Well, given that almost everyone in Westeros is trying to screw other people like dolphins I can tell you that Westeros is pretty much fucked in both senses.

Then the Winter comes.
"A word of advice: next time you post, try not to inadvertently reveal why you've had no success with real women." Darth Wong to Bubble Boy
"I see you do not understand objectivity," said Tom Carder, a fundie fucknut to Darth Wong