Lets talk about the Iphone 5

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Stark
Emperor's Hand

Re: Lets talk about the Iphone 5

Post by Stark »

Really? I've never heard a normal person even mention it. Sure, it gave nerds something else to use to decide the 'best' product/company/manufacturer or whatever, but they're such a small part of the market I'm not sure how relevant they are.
Skgoa
Jedi Master

Post by Skgoa »

Frivolous? Was the ruling overturned?
http://www.politicalcompass.org/test
Economic Left/Right: -7.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.74

This is pre-WWII. You can sort of tell from the sketch style, from thee way it refers to Japan (Japan in the 1950s was still rebuilding from WWII), the spelling of Tokyo, lots of details. Nothing obvious... except that the upper right hand corner of the page reads "November 1931." --- Simon_Jester
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Skgoa wrote:Frivolous? Was the ruling overturned?
It hasn't been overturned. Samsung is making major accusations of juror misconduct. Including that the forman lied during the selection process, hiding a lawsuit between him and Seagate that led to his personal bankruptcy. Samsung is a major shareholder in Seagate, so there is no way he would have been allowed on the jury had he mentioned this lawsuit.

This doesn't say anything about the credibility of Apple's claims. Only that the jury was biased, so the trail was never fair.
Sharp-kun
Sith Devotee

Post by Sharp-kun »

Out of interest how do you find the screen on the iphone5? I was having a play with one the other day and the aspect ratio just seemed... weird and wrong. Far too tall.
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

Stark wrote:I think you'll find the word now simply means 'bad' or 'I don't like'.
Unlike what the Apple fanbots say, "trial" on which jurors do every possible misconduct (including ignoring judge's instruction what they are supposed to do) and award damages on claims they themselves (!) agreed nonexistent, trial which was also basically Apple patenting prior arts only with a tiny dose of slightly justified design issues - can indeed be said to be frivolous. No, it has not been overturned yet, but I'm sure fanboys will find a way to pass blame on evil law somehow, after all, we already saw them comparing Apple laughable map app and Siri as best there is :lol:
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

I think it's clear the only fan boy here is you. Even if its overturned, it'll be overturned for reasons related to the jury and not wah wah Apple bad wah wah wah bullshit. As I said, normal people don't even care and while it might reinforce YOUR purchasing tribalism I'm not sure it impacts sales of iPhone 5.

And the screen ratio is waaaay better. Change might be hard for some people but 'proper' ratio will always look wierd next to squat old ratios. Widescreen TVs looked 'wrong' in 1991, too. :v I found it easier to type with and it's obviously better to display things, and not as huge as the huge footprint Android phones.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Sharp-kun wrote:Out of interest how do you find the screen on the iphone5? I was having a play with one the other day and the aspect ratio just seemed... weird and wrong. Far too tall.
After just a couple days on mine, even the 4S seems squat and tiny - and a bit blurry.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Stark wrote:Imagine how I felt going back to my 3GS. :V
That's what I had just come off of. To me, now, it's like a brick of smudgy glass.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.