The OotS Thread III

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

The OotS Thread III

Post by LadyTevar »

The latest Comic
I like Keoghtum's Ointment.

Poor Elan, he didnt get to do anything.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Re: The OotS Thread III

Post by Simon_Jester »

Roy might have been lying- in the fight with Tarquin last time, he didn't really have Elan do anything, after all.

But then again, it could have been his real plan, and I think this more likely because as I said, Roy's already short-handed and greatly disadvantaged in the firepower department.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Interesting that Elan is actually upset with Roy. I mean previously his ignorance and explaining away of Roy general ignoring, insulting and lack of respect for him has been boundless.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I'm in the kickstarter and I just got word- Burlew's suffered an injured hand and will be out of commission for about six weeks. His wife says the doctor expects him to recover, but doesn't know how long it will take.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

Post by Napoleon the Clown »

Keep an eye on Twitter for updates, too.

Poor dude.
Sig images are for people who aren't fucking lazy.
Spekio
Jedi Knight

Post by Spekio »

Does Burlew suffer from some serious condition? He always seems to get sick every couple months.
I hope he gets better.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Err.. I think he does have a medical condition. But what happened this time was an accident involving his hand and broken glass.
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

He's never been very clear on what his medical condition is, but yeah, he's got one. He says that it isn't life-threatening, just that it makes him too sick to work every so often.
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

Napoleon the Clown wrote:He's never been very clear on what his medical condition is, but yeah, he's got one. He says that it isn't life-threatening, just that it makes him too sick to work every so often.
Specifically, he said it's none of our business what it is. But presumably it's pretty serious if it regularly makes him too sick to draw. I believe it's also the reason why he gave up on trying to meet his three comics (or was it two?) a week schedule, and on having set days for new comics.

Anyway, sucks that he got hurt and sucks that there won't be any new comics for awhile, but he's gone on longer hiatuses before. Hopefully he recovers well and there's no permanent damage.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Recap Issue!

The Order has twigged onto Thog's identity. But alas updates are still expected to be few and far between.
Lord of the Abyss
Village Idiot

Post by Lord of the Abyss »

Well at least he's getting better.
"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - John Rogers
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

I think its to the tune of the Gilligan's Island theme song.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Ted C
Sith Marauder

Post by Ted C »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:I think its to the tune of the Gilligan's Island theme song.
I don't know that it's what Rich intended, but it does work.
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Quicker Than I expected

But yeah a fun reiteration of the coming show down. I had sort of forgotten about poor Thanh.
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

What are those monsters in the last panel?
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Chuuls, maybe?

JADAFETWA
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Carrion crawlers.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

heh, damn Rick and the Guy from the daily Dalek got their art hands injured at the same time. (of course the dalek guy got injured by his kid's kitty, with full septic kitten just ate fresh meat) bacterial infection.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Lord of the Abyss
Village Idiot

866 up!

Ravens aren't too good at comforting people apparently.
"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - John Rogers
Napoleon the Clown
Jedi Council Member

I think Old V has started to rub off on Blackwing.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

New Strip

Love the title.
Lord of the Abyss
Village Idiot

Ha! Spoiler
"Potential blast radius had nothing to do with it at all."
Go Fake Character Growth!
Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord Relvenous »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:I think its to the tune of the Gilligan's Island theme song.
It's written in common meter, so it could fit a whole slew of tunes.
Coyote: Warm it in the microwave first to avoid that 'necrophelia' effect.
Ted C
Sith Marauder

Post by Ted C »

I just had a thought. I'm assuming that the OotS has not had this thought, but I'm going to voice it anyway.

They're trying to get to Girard's gate before Xykon. Fine.

Exactly what are they planning to do with it once they get there? We've seen in Azure City that destroying it is not a good thing (leaving aside the problem of how the gates are containing the Snarl, and three of them have already been destroyed).

What is the point of getting to the gate first? When they thought they were going to warn Girard, it made a certain amount of sense, but they now know that's a moot point. Spoiler
All they're doing now is clearing the traps out of the way for Xykon (that Meteor Swarm trap might actually do him some harm).
What can they possibly do with the gate if they get to it first that would stop Xykon? I don't see how there's anything they could do that Girard hasn't already done.
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

They did sort of address that a couple of comics ago. With willful ignoring of it and hoping that Xykon wasn't going to be leaving Azure City anytime soon.