TIE Fighter Anime (No Sound)

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

the atom
Padawan Learner

TIE Fighter Anime (No Sound)

Post by the atom »

To my knowledge it's unfinished, but so far it sport very stylish animation (along with a metric fuckload of TIE wanking), made all the more impressive by the fact that it's fanmade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... PkVruTiStY

Enjoy
"Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste..."
AniThyng
Sith Devotee

Re: TIE Fighter Anime (No Sound)

Post by AniThyng »

That was impressive. The Tie Bomber pulling off a Macross Missile Massacere was a nice touch. Imagine what a MIssile Boat would do :D

Also the bit at the end where the ISD captain does that whole sweeping gesture thing.
I do know how to spell
AniThyng is merely the name I gave to what became my favourite Baldur's Gate II mage character :P
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

That was impressive for a fan work even if I did chuckle at the anime stereotypes fighter squad, the AT&T's because what the hell have them hang off the side and fire at the enemy and of course... asteroids just out of nowhere.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Techno_Union
Jedi Council Member

Post by Techno_Union »

That was amazing! I want more. Someone shut up and take my money.

But seriously, impressive work. Interested to see if they will finish it/do other videos.
Proud member of GALE Force.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Take That Rebel Scum!

OK very VERY Impressive work!
The style is clean and fluid.

Also my hunch is correct, the guy doing this is the same guy that did a 12min long Dr.Who Anime a while back.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Grumman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grumman »

AniThyng wrote:Also the bit at the end where the ISD captain does that whole sweeping gesture thing.
It made me think of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

This is not a bad thing.
fractalsponge1
Jedi Council Member

Post by fractalsponge1 »

That is extremely well done.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Does this thread show how limited some people's ideas of Star Wars are? Art style that looks like SW comics = ANIME CLICHE? Combat exciting and dynamic = TIE WANK?
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I totally dig it. The only thing I didn't like was how they kept showing the TIE pilots without their suits. I mean, I get what they are doing, I just don't like it.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

It seemed a few times that the suits were fully or partially gone, and not just a humanising 'man behind the mask' auteur thing. One guy loses his helmet in a few suit on/suit off things. It appears to be a bunch of stitched together battle scenes though, so who knows what the original plan was.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

It would be cool to see something official like this without singing and teenager romance and angst. :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

You mean like... nevermind.

If only an 'official' project could survive being homogenised with everything else and rendered awful I guess.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Don't you nevermind me! Like what?
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
AniThyng
Sith Devotee

Post by AniThyng »

Stark wrote:Does this thread show how limited some people's ideas of Star Wars are? Art style that looks like SW comics = ANIME CLICHE? Combat exciting and dynamic = TIE WANK?
I'd agree with you on the pilot art styles, but I do think overall there's enough there to legitimately call it anime-style, at least in the sense that Macross and Yukikaze are. I'm having a hard time thinking of a similar animated analogue that isn't actually an anime. But I may just be tired/lack enough sources. My memories of STARCOM:The US Space Force lack clarity.

As for TIE WANK - well it is explicitly a TIE FIGHTER homage, and if this is TIE WANK, then the original Tie Fighter intro is also TIE WANKING. :D Heck...one could argue convincingly that A New Hope was also indulging in TIE WANKING, given it seemed quite clear that the XWings were barely holding thier own out there over the death star, lol.

Asteroids out of "nowhere" is sort of a thing in SW too anyway. Asteroids with GIANT SPACE WORMS that can eat Star Destroyers.
I do know how to spell
AniThyng is merely the name I gave to what became my favourite Baldur's Gate II mage character :P
andrewgpaul
Jedi Council Member

Post by andrewgpaul »

I quite liked that. The only problems I have are that the anime style makes everyone look about twelve, and I wasn't keen on the way it kept showing the pilots' faces throughout.
"So you want to live on a planet?"
"No. I think I'd find it a bit small and wierd."
"Aren't they dangerous? Don't they get hit by stuff?"
AniThyng
Sith Devotee

Post by AniThyng »

andrewgpaul wrote:I quite liked that. The only problems I have are that the anime style makes everyone look about twelve, and I wasn't keen on the way it kept showing the pilots' faces throughout.
I've seen anime where people look 12 but this ain't it? But then again being Asian that might skew my perspective...
I do know how to spell
AndroAsc
Padawan Learner

Post by AndroAsc »

Wow, that was pretty cool. Makes me wish there was a SW anime series.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

I think there's a Manga.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Eleventh Century Remnant
Jedi Council Member

Post by Eleventh Century Remnant »

That was fun. Very anime- obviously- but motion and action and zap, things even the official version doesn't have nearly enough of.

Three star destroyers (with main gun turrets in the right place for once) to take a very small rebel convoy, though? Massive overkill. Not that that's bad or anything :)
Jim Raynor
Sith Devotee

Post by Jim Raynor »

Aw man, I was just about to watch this but the video's been taken down for some reason. :(
"They're not triangular, but they are more or less blade-shaped"- Thrawn McEwok on the shape of Bakura destroyers

"Lovely. It's known as impugning character regarding statement of professional qualifications' in the legal world"- Karen Traviss, crying libel because I said that no soldier she interviewed would claim that he can take on billion-to-one odds

"I've already laid out rules for this thread that we're not going to make these evidential demands"- Dark Moose on supporting your claims
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Dont know why, but it, and the original site both have been wiped;
go Here, perhaps quickly. It has been remixed with some music, which you may or may not like - but one click fixed that :)
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
NoogDeNoog
Youngling

Post by NoogDeNoog »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tBM2ZfncoU
here it is, just watched it.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

The original video was taken down because in fact, the creator did not intend for his private link to be spread across the web by certain people.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Vehrec
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vehrec »

Eleventh Century Remnant wrote:That was fun. Very anime- obviously- but motion and action and zap, things even the official version doesn't have nearly enough of.

Three star destroyers (with main gun turrets in the right place for once) to take a very small rebel convoy, though? Massive overkill. Not that that's bad or anything :)
One of them was actually an Immobilizer class. So it was two star destroyers, and one Interdictor to keep the rebels from making a run for it.
ImageCommander of the MFS Darwinian Selection Method (sexual)
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Stark wrote:Does this thread show how limited some people's ideas of Star Wars are? Art style that looks like SW comics = ANIME CLICHE? Combat exciting and dynamic = TIE WANK?
The ships and fighters wouldn't be out of place in the average SW comic, but the character design definitely screamed "anime" to me.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks