Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters Official Trailer

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

One Two
Youngling

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters Official Trailer

Post by One Two »

I thought this was gonna be an animated movie, after seeing this trailer I have no idea why I thought that, but you have got to be shitting me with this.

With that said, I'll still check it out.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Re: Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters Official Trailer

Post by Rogue 9 »

What the hell did I just watch? :lol:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Ok, so it's going off the "Brothers Grimm" and the "Van Helsing" style of movie, but I think this will be highly entertaining no-brainer popcorn movie.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Spekio
Jedi Knight

Post by Spekio »

t's either great or awful, because:
I've watched the trailer three times now, and I still have no idea. The problem is that I don't know if the film knows how fucking dumb it is or not; if it has the slightest bit of self-awareness about its ludicrous premise, its godawful story, and insanely awful dialoge, that's one thing -- but if it doesn't, and it believes its actually a really cool movie about two badass siblings who fight witches with weapons Hugh Jackman's Van Helsing would find overelaborate, well... fuck. All I know is that there appears to be a witch with a gatling gun. But is that so dumb it's awesome, or so dumb it shoots right past awesome and ends up dumb again? I have no idea!
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

I think it's going to hit the A-Team Sequel "Steer a falling tank by firing its main gun" dumb-to-awesome.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

I wonder if this isn't partially based on Fable, where Hansel became a witchhunter.

There is a red-headed witch in a medieval castle with a gatling gun. That probably guarantees I'll at least rent it.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

I kind of dislike the trend of them making big graphics extravaganzas for grownups out of fairy tale material. It seems like the act of an industry that's having trouble finding creative inspiration, so they decide to bank off the name recognition of the classic fairy tale characters.

When I see a big extravaganza movie, I want the creative impulse behind the movie to be there to explain the extravaganza, not just there to justify having one.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

One would have thought the natural way to adapt Hansel & Gretel would be a Blair Witch style found footage handycam job.
Alkaloid
Jedi Master

Post by Alkaloid »

So yeah, I'm going to love this, but I also seem to be the only person on the planet who actually liked the Brothers Grimm.
Scrib
Jedi Knight

Post by Scrib »

Simon_Jester wrote:I kind of dislike the trend of them making big graphics extravaganzas for grownups out of fairy tale material. It seems like the act of an industry that's having trouble funding creative inspiration, so they decide to bank off the name recognition of the classic fairy tale characters.

When I see a big extravaganza movie, I want the creative impulse behind the movie to be there to explain the extravaganza, not just there to justify having one.
Fixed that for you. They could find a bunch of good products, they just don't care enough to risk their money

I don't like these types of movies because they simply don't resonate with me, and I have a mild dislike of them remaking everything, but this looks stupid enough for me to see. As others have said as long as it's tongue in cheek it could be interesting.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Alkaloid wrote:So yeah, I'm going to love this, but I also seem to be the only person on the planet who actually liked the Brothers Grimm.
Nitram and I enjoyed Brothers Grimm.

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Personally I am just miffed about the whole "Evil Witch" thing...

I mean, sure, a witch CAN go bad... but "Witch Hunters" has the same ring as Vampire Hunters, IE ALL Witches are evil cackling ladies out to eat childern!

I always thought the whole story was a bit one sided really. I mean you only have the kids side of the story afterall! No one cares about the Witch in this! I mean, cooking childern in an oven? That has to be a REALLY Big oven! And how do they know she is a witch in any case? Just because an old women is a little strange and looks wierd she is a witch? All bloody suspicious if you ask me!
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Spoonist
Jedi Council Member

Post by Spoonist »

Yes Crossie, yes yes yes. And those kids were of no use anyway, and their legs just looked so juicy. I mean they had it commin tempting me that way. I mean what's a warlock to do with all these tempting kids these days? Huh, witches you say? Oh, sorry never mind me. I'll just munch on this eh, this eh, turkey bone. That's right turkey bone dressed with shoes, for fun. Oh, what the hell where are those monkeys when you need them *teleports away in a huff of smoke*.