ParaNorman

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Zor
Sith Acolyte

ParaNorman

Post by Zor »

I saw this film on Sunday, it's by the same guys who did Coraline. Long story short its a good movie and you should see it.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/ind
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/tra
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
xerex
Jedi Knight

Re: ParaNorman

Post by xerex »

seconded.

easily one of the best films ive seen.
Go back far enough and you'll end up blaming some germ for splitting in two - Col Tigh
One Two
Youngling

Post by One Two »

One of the better animated movies to come out this year, but I still think Rise of the Guardians will take the crown. Great opening with a fantastic 3rd act/ climax. The movie takes a strong dip in quality halfway into the 2nd act. But I'd recommend it. And it probably provided the biggest "I did not see that shit coming" moment we'll see all year at the end.
JLTucker
BANNED

Post by JLTucker »

Are there specific reasons why you'd recommend it?
One Two
Youngling

Post by One Two »

JLTucker wrote:Are there specific reasons why you'd recommend it?
Its a more adult friendly animated movie. The stop motion is cool to look at. Its got a good anti bullying message that's told in just the right way. It has a nice and dark sense of humor. And it does something at the end that's never been done before in an animated movie that to be honest shocked the hell out of me (in a good way). I wouldn't give it the praise that the others gave it, but its a solid flick.
xerex
Jedi Knight

Post by xerex »

quite simply I had no idea how the show would resolve the central crisis of the show. . .its been awhile since I saw a movie where I could not predict the endgame.

and the last quarter of the film is simply beautiful

and if One two is referring to the little post victory reveal . . .well the movie is basically all about anti bullying and accepting differences but right after the audience feels all happy that they're tolerant and shit, the movie reveals something which sparks intolerance from a certain portion of the audience. ...
Go back far enough and you'll end up blaming some germ for splitting in two - Col Tigh
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

xerex wrote:

quite simply I had no idea how the show would resolve the central crisis of the show. . .its been awhile since I saw a movie where I could not predict the endgame.

and the last quarter of the film is simply beautiful

and if One two is referring to the little post victory reveal . . .well the movie is basically all about anti bullying and accepting differences but right after the audience feels all happy that they're tolerant and shit, the movie reveals something which sparks intolerance from a certain portion of the audience. ...
Was it during the end credits??????I must had missed it.

Oh wait, was it that dude brother?
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner
PainRack
Emperor's Hand

Post by PainRack »

It had humour, grinned at some current stereotypes from zombie flicks to high school before it turned it all on its head and caused you to relook the first portion of the movie in another light.

It was.... draggy at first, but I think that was due to the animation rather than the plot.

I just found my eyes drawn to the school doors and stuff........
Let him land on any Lyran world to taste firsthand the wrath of peace loving people thwarted by the myopic greed of a few miserly old farts- Katrina Steiner