True Blood season 5...

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Re: True Blood season 5...

Post by Flagg »

Considering this is Alan Balls last season as showrunner I have a feeling that everything will be resolved with few loose threads.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Meest
Jedi Master

Post by Meest »

Just hope he's not doing something silly to Bill like making him get new powers or something, wrote themselves into a corner with the age thing. Interesting to see what Warlow is, and if he can be a threat to Russell and fight over Sookie.
"Somehow I feel, that in the long run, Thanos of Titan came out ahead in this particular deal."
TheHammer
Jedi Master

Post by TheHammer »

Meest wrote:Just hope he's not doing something silly to Bill like making him get new powers or something, wrote themselves into a corner with the age thing. Interesting to see what Warlow is, and if he can be a threat to Russell and fight over Sookie.
Well I'd think that's almost a given with the previews of future episodes.
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

Warlow, it sounded almost like Merlotte.

I wonder if we're going to start seeing demons.
Turns out that a five way cross over between It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Ali G Show, Fargo, Idiocracy and Veep is a lot less funny when you're actually living in it.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

- Bye Hoyt - good way to write out a character who served no purpose anymore
- I love Russel's real voice!
- Russel and the Reverend dancing to Teenage Dream - hilarious.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

Somehow, I don't think we've seen the last of Hoyt (at least for the rest of the season).

Does anyone else think that Bill kidnapped him (I know, it's a bit of a reach).
Turns out that a five way cross over between It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Ali G Show, Fargo, Idiocracy and Veep is a lot less funny when you're actually living in it.
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

My wife thinks Bill Compton's going to meet the true death in next week's episode. I'm not convinced, but it could be.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I was just wondering what would a true blood vampire do if they ran into a frankienstine or herbert west created undead? I mean the toxins used to preserrve them, and keep them fresh before electricity brought them back....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
TheHammer
Jedi Master

Post by TheHammer »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:I was just wondering what would a true blood vampire do if they ran into a frankienstine or herbert west created undead? I mean the toxins used to preserrve them, and keep them fresh before electricity brought them back....
Rip off their limbs?
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Alferd Packer wrote:My wife thinks Bill Compton's going to meet the true death in next week's episode. I'm not convinced, but it could be.
I highly doubt it personally, Beel Bill is Alan Ball's Mary Sue (and Paquin's husband), despite all the Bat Shit (TM) he does he always ends up getting rewarded.
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Meant to say Bad Shit obviously, typing while lying on your side is hard! :wink:
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

How are they going to explain Paquin's pregnancy (unless they film Season 6 after she gives birth)?

Bet Marlow (or whatever his name) shows up and offs Russell, leading to yet another cliffhanger.
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Crown wrote:I highly doubt it personally, Beel Bill is Alan Ball's Mary Sue (and Paquin's husband), despite all the Bat Shit (TM) he does he always ends up getting rewarded.
I thought Alan Ball was stepping down as showrunner after this season. If that is indeed the case, he may want to take his Gary Stu with him.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

So, who bets the US military will be totally ineffective in fighting vampires?
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Man the army gets the short end of the stick in every supernatural series. I can't think of one where they actually put up a decent fight against vampires/werewolves/demons ETC.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

FaxModem1 wrote:So, who bets the US military will be totally ineffective in fighting vampires?
I think it's going to be the opposite, and vampires are going to die by the thousands, especially all the new ones that have just been made. The older/craftier vampires are going to be the only ones left next season.

Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

They might have some sort of biological weapon (aren't Vampires allergic to some sort of Hepatitis on the show)?

Or a silver aerosol/UV flash bang grenade.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Haha Bill is killed to be reborn. I knew they wouldn't really get rid of that asshole.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

Well, technically it might not be Bill.

And where the hell did Warlow go?
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Pelranius wrote: And where the hell did Warlow go?
Shhh.

I love how they also took 4 years of Jason's character progression and flushed it down the toilet in 5 minutes, too.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

Flagg wrote:
Shhh.

I love how they also took 4 years of Jason's character progression and flushed it down the toilet in 5 minutes, too.
At this point, Jessica should probably go to Alaska too. If she runs fast enough, she'll catch Hoyt.
TheHammer
Jedi Master

Post by TheHammer »

Flagg wrote:
Shhh.

Warlow was obviously being set up as next year's mystery villain.

As for Jason's character, he's only recently come to understand that Vampires killed his parents, and had issues with vampires attacking him and threatening to turn him against his will. On top of that, he's clearly not in his right mind right now. He's seeing apparitions of his mom and dad who tell him to kill vampires after having been blasted with fairy magic - magic intended to kill/harm a vampire.
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Not the best cliffhanger, but I like how Bilith is going to be one of the main villains of Season 6.

Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Does anyone else thing that the Vampires aren't a serious threat after seeing action hero Jason pop like fifty armed Authority goons?

I mean if someone with cop training can take out half the security guards in the building, imagine what a special forces team could do.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Darksider wrote:Does anyone else thing that the Vampires aren't a serious threat after seeing action hero Jason pop like fifty armed Authority goons?

I mean if someone with cop training can take out half the security guards in the building, imagine what a special forces team could do.
Jason has been shown to a be crack shot with almost supernatural reflexes before, so I don't have an issue with him popping some young vamps on security detail.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw