True Blood season 5...

FAN: Discuss various fictional worlds that don't qualify for SF.

Moderator: Steve

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Re: True Blood season 5...

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I broke out cackeling at work today.

Boss What's so funny
*I point to the OSHA sign "It has been {This} many days since the last time loss injury accident"
I just pictured the one at Merlott's on the show True blood, "It has been this many days since the last Onsite Murder."

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Meest
Jedi Master

Post by Meest »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:I had to sleep who died this time?
Remains to be seen if who looks to be dead is dead.
"Somehow I feel, that in the long run, Thanos of Titan came out ahead in this particular deal."
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

That scene where Russell comes into shot singing karaoke was just sheer class! :mrgreen:
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
TheHammer
Jedi Master

Post by TheHammer »

Some things still unclear to me, I was curious as to how old Roman was exactly. I had seen somewhere online that he was 500 years old, but that seemed far too young to me. Would seem to contradict the dialogue in the show where supposedly only Russel being strong enough.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

TheHammer wrote:Some things still unclear to me, I was curious as to how old Roman was exactly. I had seen somewhere online that he was 500 years old, but that seemed far too young to me. Would seem to contradict the dialogue in the show where supposedly only Russel being strong enough.
I think it was more of a religious taboo to kill him (the Guardian) than any real power he had. There might have been a previous, older guardian who decided to die a-la Godric as far as we know. What we do know is that power in the Authority system isn't predicated on age; Godric being only a sheriff (when Eric didn't know Russell's true age, he thought there were 'none above Godric in the new world'), Eric being a sheriff to Sophie-Anne (who he could bitch slap) and then Beel Bill being elevated in her place.
Meest
Jedi Master

Post by Meest »

Bit messy writing at this time, the Salome reveal from knowing where Russel was is strange. They were going to first try and get Russel out in the sun, that would have killed her plans real quick. The other council members turned over real quick, why do the emergency UV flashes and silver Russel then by fine when he reappears? Seemed like the Dieter guy was the only true mainstreamer, why not use the troops they had to hold Salome and Russel?
"Somehow I feel, that in the long run, Thanos of Titan came out ahead in this particular deal."
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

I wanted more Guardian, and more of the Swede (guy from Hell on Wheels) and the Lilith vision was weird, but Russell on stage at that wedding reception was hilarious.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Does anyone else hate how this series seems to portray anyone who fights back against Vampires as either Religious fanatics, or dangerous extremists? I mean, the Vamps want equal rights and everything, but it's clearly shown that they aren't willing to, y'know, stop killing people and all that. I know they're going for some sort of "magic induced hate" angle with the gang of redneck vampire hunters, but IMHO the humans in this series have legitimate reasons to go to war against the Vamps.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

Am I the only one who thinks that Roman is still in play somehow?
Turns out that a five way cross over between It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Ali G Show, Fargo, Idiocracy and Veep is a lot less funny when you're actually living in it.
SilverWingedSeraph
Jedi Knight

Post by SilverWingedSeraph »

Considering we saw him get staked and turned into goo, I don't see how he could be.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

SilverWingedSeraph wrote:Considering we saw him get staked and turned into goo, I don't see how he could be.
Well, if Lillith actually is real and can resurrect vampires, everything is up for grabs. (Don't ask me why she would resurrect Roman, or anyone else for the matter. Maybe for the lulz?)
Spoiler
IMDB lists Christopher Meloni as 11 episodes. I doubt that they will do four episodes' worth of flashbacks on him
Turns out that a five way cross over between It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Ali G Show, Fargo, Idiocracy and Veep is a lot less funny when you're actually living in it.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I was looking forward to more Vampire Special Victims of Torture Unit....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Scrib
Jedi Knight

Post by Scrib »

Darksider wrote:Does anyone else hate how this series seems to portray anyone who fights back against Vampires as either Religious fanatics, or dangerous extremists? I mean, the Vamps want equal rights and everything, but it's clearly shown that they aren't willing to, y'know, stop killing people and all that. I know they're going for some sort of "magic induced hate" angle with the gang of redneck vampire hunters, but IMHO the humans in this series have legitimate reasons to go to war against the Vamps.

See above on why I hate Steve Newlin and the entire fourth season. It would be less of a problem if they simply did what vampires did and just abandoned the tired X-men/social oppression retread, which to their credit they have done. It's like Fringe, it works best when you're not being called a close-minded idiot for disagreeing with things that are clearly wrong.

I like some of the values dissonance, like Jessica not considering feeding on another man a big deal and Jason losing his mind, but in general it's just one evil side vs. a bunch of cartoons.

I really, really hope that Lilith was a hallucination, I've been enjoying the uncertainty of the struggle within the vampire ranks, with Russell rightly calling out both sides on their problems.
loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:I was looking forward to more Vampire Special Victims of Torture Unit....
Come on, Bear! A maximum security vampire prison with horrifying conditions and Christoper Meloni is clearly more of an Oz thing!

(was anyone else surprised that they didn't have Meloni whip it out for old time's sake?)
"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

loomer wrote:
The Yosemite Bear wrote:I was looking forward to more Vampire Special Victims of Torture Unit....
Come on, Bear! A maximum security vampire prison with horrifying conditions and Christoper Meloni is clearly more of an Oz thing!

(was anyone else surprised that they didn't have Meloni whip it out for old time's sake?)
Me too.

I don't think I've ever heard of the actress who plays Lillith (or the hallucination of her). Would it be too much "meta-reading" to assume that means something?
loomer
Sith Marauder

Post by loomer »

I love how, given a choice in the matter, fairies instinctively turn their lives into a cabaret and dress like it's the 1960s.
"Doctors keep their scalpels and other instruments handy, for emergencies. Keep your philosophy ready too—ready to understand heaven and earth. In everything you do, even the smallest thing, remember the chain that links them. Nothing earthly succeeds by ignoring heaven, nothing heavenly by ignoring the earth." M.A.A.A
Faqa
Jedi Master

Post by Faqa »

Sam! With Sam!

Can we have a Sam show? Sam can be all the characters and it can be melodramatic and AWESOME. Because... damn. Those scenes of Sam tenderly holding himself just about made the season for me. It's one of those moments that really define True Blood.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. And just in a season where Bill hasn't had to flex much draymahtic chops, we get the flashback to his daughter. That was heartbreaking.

And, Ball? You are never going to kill Jessica. Really. Absolutely nobody believes your show has the balls. Just stop threatening to do it, it saps the scenes of any tension.
"Peace on Earth and goodwill towards men? We are the United States Goverment - we don't DO that sort of thing!" - Sneakers. Best. Quote. EVER.

Periodic Pwnage Pantry:

"Faith? Isn't that another term for ignorance?" - Gregory House

"Isn't it interesting... religious behaviour is so close to being crazy that we can't tell them apart?" - Gregory House

"This is usually the part where people start screaming." - Gabriel Sylar
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Anyone get the vibe that Russell was being a little more than a little disrespectful to Sloane (showing contempt) with his flattering language?
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

The fun thing about Russell is that even as he's being an asshole to everyone, their second cousin and dog, he's having so much fun.

And we the audience are having fun alongside him (or at least I am).

Anyone else have the feeling that Russell is going to screw Salome all over before the season is done?
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Pelranius wrote:The fun thing about Russell is that even as he's being an asshole to everyone, their second cousin and dog, he's having so much fun.

And we the audience are having fun alongside him (or at least I am).

Anyone else have the feeling that Russell is going to screw Salome all over before the season is done?
Oh hell yes, now that Eric's escape plan is bust, this only leaves Russell who could challenge/destroy Salome (that we know of); she's setting herself up to be the embodiment/high priestess of Lilith, he recognises no power other than his own.

If the dust settles as I expect (Salome and Russell end up destroyed) it leaves Eric as the oldest and most powerful vampire left, but I fully expect the writers to somehow reward Beel Bill and leave him smelling like a roses.
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

I wonder how Sam and Luna are going to break into the Authority compound?

And where is that compound? In Louisiana? (You'd expect the headquarters for the vampires' global leadership to be in a more cosmopolitan location).
Meest
Jedi Master

Post by Meest »

They strolled around New Orleans when they were high so guessing it's there. Guess it goes with the age and mystique of the city, but yeah way too much stuff happens in that area.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Meest wrote:They strolled around New Orleans when they were high so guessing it's there. Guess it goes with the age and mystique of the city, but yeah way too much stuff happens in that area.
Considering that Hurricanes in the area would be a perfect cover for snatching a few dozen people off the street and storing them for the year as food, it makes sense.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

Meest wrote:They strolled around New Orleans when they were high so guessing it's there. Guess it goes with the age and mystique of the city, but yeah way too much stuff happens in that area.
Could be out of the way enough from most government attention (relatively speaking).
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

So the Sookie/Warlow thing will be for next season and the Salome and Russell thing will be for the end of the season given the usual way True Blood is written.